Rietan

Remembering the old vhs tape times.....
My highlights:
Secret gig, especially wendy time and cut/away
Rehearsal of unplugged
Unplugged if only tonight we could sleep
Chatty Simon at make up

Ulrich

I remember it well, I must've watched the VHS quite a lot back in early '92.

https://consequence.net/2022/11/the-cure-play-out-expanded-version/

QuoteThe Cure have today shared an upgraded, extended HD version of Play Out, their 1991 behind-the-scenes their documentary. You can watch all two hours of it on YouTube.

Directed by Peter Fowler, Play Out follows The Cure across a handful of vastly different, yet equally important performances. From debuting future hits at small-scale English clubs to a headlining set at Wembley Arena and a coveted spot on MTV Unplugged, the expanded version of the documentary offers an even closer look at how one of history's most influential goth-rock bands came to be.
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Rietan

Ulrich, did you find out what is extended now?? I think I have to completely rewatch. Maybe wendy time is not interrupted by the interview....
I hope you feel better today

pyota

In the new version at t&c club there are now 2 extra songs: 10:15 and killing an arab.

Its a great video; love the early versions of wish songs more than the over produced album versions. And Robert sings very well at the unique unplugged concert. I still have my old vhs tape but no player; was always hoping there would be a dvd version but it seems to be a dying format now ...

Ulrich

Quote from: Rietan on December 01, 2022, 17:07:29Ulrich, did you find out what is extended now?

No, but pyota did.  :cool

Btw, on the back of my VHS it says "running time approx 124 mins".
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Rietan

Thanks! Yes the singing on unplugged is incredible, divine I would say!

On youtube the difference is about 9 minutes to the old one matching the indications on the casette!