Ideas for Christmas

Started by dsanchez, November 09, 2006, 22:17:20

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: robiola on December 11, 2007, 16:25:04
Did you ever say how many people finally registered for the project? If you did, I missed it and I was just curious...

Eleven persons registered for the contest :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

robiola

Quote from: dsanchez on December 11, 2007, 16:26:03
Quote from: robiola on December 11, 2007, 16:25:04
Did you ever say how many people finally registered for the project? If you did, I missed it and I was just curious...

Eleven persons registered for the contest :)

I thought it would be more... Well, I guess people are busy this time of year.
Maybe in 2008! :D

melly

eleven....well, that's ok considering there wasn't much time!! It was a great idea, and just that smile you have when you post your "secret present"....I mean, it's going to someone I have never met, and possibly never will!! But, through being on Curefans, I am able to, hopefully, make someone smile... And I eagerly await my "secret present"..not for the material aspect, just that it's coming from a place far away ( i don't know where!!) and that someone has taken the trouble to do it...for me...for melly..... don't care what it is...I will love it.... cos someone has done it....for me.... :smth050
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

So....has anyone received their secret friend present yet???

dsanchez

I shipped the gift for my secret friend today ;)...I wanted to do it before, but lot of work and being sick this week (cold) stop me to doing so. But I hope it will arrive fast and hope she will like it ;)

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on December 21, 2007, 23:15:13
So....has anyone received their secret friend present yet???

no, not yet.. but I do HOPE that my SECRET FRIEND has recieved an xmas gift!!  ;) It wa so fun for me..  :smth059

I can wait...  :smth051 :smth045 :smth057 :smth006
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

4NG13-angie

I ´ve been tracking it since I shipped the little box, but there is going to take a little bit longer... My secret friend is really far away!!!
"You made the rain bleed...you..."

dsanchez

I just want to tell that I've just got the gift from secret friend, Billee! (Lee-Anne from Australia) :)

She sent me really lovely stuff from Australia and also some Cure souvenirs from the Australasia tour. Sooo great!. Thanks, thanks a lot Lee-Anne. You made me day! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

sues777

My present's just arrived too!  I was sooo excited when I found it in my mailbox, I felt like such a child!!  And it's come all the way from France!!
Thankyou so much Henri!!  I love it!!  You made my day!!   :D
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

robiola

I posted this in the new site this morning, so for some of you it will be a repeat...I haven't gotten my gift, but I did get a lovely PM from my no-longer-secret friend cure4sale thanking me for the gift I sent him -- I'm so glad he got it and that he seems to have enjoyed it. :D

4NG13-angie

I have recived my gift!! Thank you Lara (Scat Cat)!!

It's a beautiful book of pix from Australia, cds with lounge music (B.Bar and Morcheeba, a Christmas card and some Cure stuff!! I just loved it, thank you again!

I hope that my secret friend receive my gift soon... we have to do this again.

Best regards,

Angie
"You made the rain bleed...you..."

melly

jeez..reading about all these lovely gifts...my secret friend will think I'm a scrooge... :smth087...nothing so beautiful as a book, or a cd, or cure stuff...
feel really bad now....sorry my secret friend, I think you will be disappointed now... :smth090
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Lady

Wow! This idea was really a success!!! :smth023
Happy for you guys! :D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

robiola

Quote from: melly on January 04, 2008, 11:30:29
jeez..reading about all these lovely gifts...my secret friend will think I'm a scrooge... :smth087...nothing so beautiful as a book, or a cd, or cure stuff...
feel really bad now....sorry my secret friend, I think you will be disappointed now... :smth090
Hey, I sent  home-made cd compilation....I had my husband help me with it. I had originally bought a present but then I decided cure4sale would enjoy a cd more, and  kept the gift for myself. I can assure you it was nothing fancy or expensive, and I'm not expecting anything of the kind from my secret friend. Everyone gives according to their possibilities. And I believe it was specifically agreed that we wouldn't send anything expensive, anyway! So don't worry!  :smth056

scatcat

I am very happy that my secret friend, Angie.. recieved my little gift!! oh how i spent hours deliberating!! I just got a PM today from angie.. and I am so happy that through this forum, we can have buddies all over the world!!
Thank you David for organising this .. and I'm sure more will register next year ( maybe a bit earlier though!!)
By the way.. there are no scrooges who are involved in this year's secret friend.. remember.. it is the thought that counts!! And that can be VERY difficult deciding on something for someone that you don't know at all!! ( believe me!!)

As David had mentioned earlier in the thread, he actually wrote a letter to his secret friend.. now THAT is something I am totally incapable of doing.. and yet it is a wonderful, personal touch!!  ;)

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life