2011.11.15 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 18:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on November 01, 2012, 18:21:28
Almost one year since this unbelievable night. And some days ago the premiere of Jame's Bond Skyfall took place here

Trust and me took a picture on those stairs. Remember, Trust?
SURE I remember that great, magical, unforgettable evening :rocker
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

x-phile

Esta história de sonho (sim porque às vezes ainda penso nela como se de um sonho se tratasse, um sonho perfeito) começa no dia 30 de setembro de 2011 quando escrevo no www.curefans.com o seguinte:
"Anyone has an extra ticket for a portuguese fan please?
tnx in advance
x"
Algum tempo depois, David Sánchez, o meu salvador, escreve o seguinte:
"Spare ticket for sale in the Standing area to just 160 EUR (normal price: 133 EUR).
If anyone is interested, send me a private message.
Old curefans.com members have priority for this offer."
E é neste momento que a sorte me sorri. Compro-lhe o bilhete logo a seguir faço este comentário no site:
"Thank you so much... iupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The Cure Reflections at Royal Albert Hall here I go.
Still dreaming... I think I'll wake up there!!!"
A partir daqui (depois de regressar à Terra pois estive por momentos literalmente nas nuvens) foi só pensar em planear esta viagem de sonho ao pormenor para que nada falhasse.
Tinha que reservar voo e nem pensei em hotel pois por mim não dormia (seria um sonho em modo acordado). Reservo avião para dia 15 (dia do concerto) e marco regresso no dia seguinte (a tempo de vir dar aulas). Consigo fazer permuta para não faltar no dia do concerto. Tudo me corria às mil maravilhas.
Depois de algum tempo, decido marcar também quarto num hostel perto do local do concerto pois pensei que em descansar nem que fosse algumas horas antes ou depois do concerto.
Com ajuda do googlemaps e dos horários do metro de Londres começo a planear todos os meus percursos e alternativas pra ir e voltar sem sobressaltos. Tudo correu na perfeição.
Tinha marcado encontro com o David e alguns fãs no Queens Arms (um bar típico que ficava perto do Royal Albert Hall) e foi aí que conheci alguns cureamigos que jamais esquecerei pois com eles partilhei momentos fantásticos.
  Almoçamos e fomos logo para o Royal Albert Hall onde já se encontravam alguns fãs  junto à porta e aí ficamos até à hora do concerto.
Houve alguma confusão aquando da abertura das portas. Entreguei o meu precioso bilhete e puseram-me uma bracelete de papel rosa (ainda bem que tenho o bilhete digitalizado pois é a única recordação dele)
Corremos para a frente do palco e ficamos na segunda fila mesmo em frente ao baixo do Simon... muito bom!!!
Sobre o concerto o que vos posso dizer é... E À DÉCIMA FOI DE VEZ!!!
Sempre, que assisti a um concerto dos The Cure, ao longo de todos estes anos, como fã sonhava em ver e ouvir verdadeiros clássicos, e de vez em quando lá ia tendo um, ou dois temas incluídos nas setlists...
Desta vez (que para mim era a décima) dei por mim, completamente arrebatado por um concerto que nunca pensei fosse possível experienciar e viver tal a intensidade de emoções e sensações vividas. Foi certamente, musicalmente falando, um dos dias mais felizes da minha vida!!!

x-phile

This dream story (yes, sometimes I still think this was a dream, a perfect dream) began in September 30th, 2011 when i wrote this message in curefans.com:
"Anyone has an extra ticket for a portuguese fan please?
tnx in advance
x"
Sometime after, David Sánchez, my savior, writes:
"Spare ticket for sale in the Standing area to just 160 EUR (normal price: 133 EUR).
If anyone is interested, send me a private message.
Old curefans.com members have priority for this offer."
This is the moment when luck smiles back to me. I got the ticket:
"Thank you so much... iupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The Cure Reflections at Royal Albert Hall here I go.
Still dreaming... I think I'll wake up there!!!"
After this (and after getting back to Earth as I was for some moments in the clouds) I start planning my dream trip to London.
I only had to book the flight because in my mind there was no need to sleep, so no hotel needed (This would be a awaken dream journey). I booked the flight to 15th November (Day of the show) and I was getting back next day (in time to school). Everything was perfect.
Some days after, I decide to book some room in a Hostel nearby as I began to think tha was beeter to rest some hours before or after the show.
With the help of googlemaps and tube timetables I began to plan carefully all my travels to get there and get back home. Everything went just perfect.
We decided to meet in Queens Arms (local bar and near Royal Albert Hall) and this is where I met David and some CureFriends that I will never forget for the wonderfull time we share together.
We had lunch and rushed to Royal Albert Hall where there were already some fans at the door. We joined them and waited for the opening hour.
There was some mess when the doors open. I deliver my precious ticket and I got some pink bracelet instead.
We rushed to the stage and managed to get in second row in front of Simon bass... very good!!!
About the show, well I only can say... My 10th time was it!!!
Since I begin to attend The Cure shows I dreamed to see them performing these classic songs, and sometimes I got one, two,...
This time (My 10th The Cure Show) I got everything that in my wildest dreams I didn't dare to dream of...
This was, musically speaking, one of the happiest days/nights in my life!!!

FalseIllusioni

And now it's been ten years of "Reflections"..
Endless night driven by spheres..
Forever and ever..
No-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
No-one will ever take your place
So in love with you...

figurehead

Quote from: FalseIllusioni on November 15, 2021, 11:10:02And now it's been ten years of "Reflections"..
Endless night driven by spheres..
Forever and ever..

Had almost the same thought yesterday...
'Is It Always Like This?'

dsanchez

Quote from: FalseIllusioni on November 15, 2021, 11:10:02And now it's been ten years of "Reflections"..

it feels like yesterday...

my review written back then in Spanish, translation by Google
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo