I'm a Cureaholic and love to listen to uhhhhh

Started by scaredPrincess, June 13, 2008, 01:37:48

Previous topic - Next topic

scaredPrincess

Hey - thought I'd pop in here and say hello first.  So Hello.  I'm a Cureaholic and love to listen to uhhhhh - what's that band.... yes some band called The Cure.  Mayb you've heard?

I'm K, live in FL and have been a Cure fan since...  long ago - about 83- 84ish.  "Growing up" they were one of my favourite bands.  I sort of fell off their wagon with Wish and Wild Mood Swings.  Why on earth.... you may ask.  At the time I decided I didn't like the "happier" songs and the real reason was I just got into a lot of other things musically.  Luckily for me, years later, a friend at work was listening to Bloodflowers and I thought OMG!  "WHAT'S THAT??" he said the new Cure album.  That was it - in the single moment I was suckered back in to the warm comforting gloom Robert and the gang. 

Started learning all Simon's bass lines, started writing weird and wonderful lyrics again.  I just saw them last night in Tampa which despite the (mostly) stagnant crowd and horrible mix, was a great show by the band. 

I'm a total music head and listen to just about anything and everything.  Favourite bands lean towards the progressive and anything that moves me.  Most people don't know who I'm talking about but my top artists include Echolyn, Porcupine Tree, Kate Bush, Tool, Opeth, David Sylvian, Marillion, and millions more.  OK - some names people here should recognize.

That's enough of my blathering.  As you were...