2012.08.24 Reading - Richfield Avenue (England) 'Reading Festival'

Started by dsanchez, March 23, 2012, 00:48:04

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

Tape, Open, High, The End of The World, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Caterpillar, The Walk, Friday I'm In love, Doing the Unstuck, Trust, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Bananafishbones, Play For Today, A Forest, Primary, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End

Encore: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, Close To Me, Just One Kiss, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry.

Videos

The Cure - Reading Festival 2012

General Info

http://readingfestival.com/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

AndrewV127

While I have never attended Reading or Leeds festival myself (so please, do not take this as fact), I have heard numerous times that the festival is renowned for having a bad atmosphere/crowd. In the UK it's became almost a rite-of-passage for teenagers who have recently passed their A Levels to go to one of these festivals to let of some steam via drinking/drugs and acting more than a little bit idiotic. 

Hence why I chose Rome (not much in it cost wise for me either)

cooky21470

camping at reading has anyone got any info on near campsites as your only permitted at festival campsite if your staying the whole weekend

SidneyCure

So. Who knows what The Cure Reading/Leeds 2012 lineup is going to be like. We've got until the 24th of August to have a guess.

My bet:

Robert Smith (duh)
Simon Gallup
Roger O'Donnel
Jason Cooper
and maybe Reeve Gabrels
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

SidneyCure

My hopes (never going to happen)
1985 era Cure

Robert Smith
Simon Gallup
Porl Thompson
Lol Tolhurst (not on drums)
Boris Williams

Wonderfully pretty
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

dsanchez

Quote from: SidneyCure on July 21, 2012, 15:15:40
So. Who knows what The Cure Reading/Leeds 2012 lineup is going to be like. We've got until the 24th of August to have a guess.
The line-up will be the same as in the recent shows: Bob, Roger, Simon, Jason and Reeve (who has been hired for the whole European Summer tour) Not sure if he will remain as a permanent member of the band, but it would be awesome.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on July 21, 2012, 17:13:29
The line-up will be the same as in the recent shows: Bob, Roger, Simon, Jason and Reeve

Agreed. I don't see why anyone would assume a line-up change just because of a short break. How long this will last after the summer festivals is the question...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

The Cure's show will be live streamed by the BBC 3 (TV), 21h00 (UK time) for one hour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m7p1z

and then again at 23h30

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m7p23

Please notice this not an online streaming.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lovecat

Lol on FB:
It was Thirty three years ago....The triumphant return of The Cure to the Reading festival is this Friday ! It will be a wonderful night for sure! Life is beautiful..

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on August 22, 2012, 23:03:25
The Cure's show will be live streamed by the BBC 3 (TV), 21h00 (UK time) for one hour.
As you know, only people in the UK can watch this. However, if you do this trick, you may watch this from your computer even if you're not in the UK!

How to watch The Cure at Reading on BBC3
http://craigjparker.blogspot.sk/2012/08/how-to-watch-cure-at-reading-on-bbc3.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

GwenMadden

I'll definetely will give that trick a shot! I'm really curious on the setlist. Thanks for sharing the link  :)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

If you missed the live streaming, you can watch it here

You can watch it in the first post :smth023

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo