What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on April 28, 2019, 16:18:06
Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 28, 2019, 16:11:24I'm suffering for all the fun I had last night (and into the wee hours of this morning)  XD

Late show at the Too Much Fun club? :beaming-face

Guilty  :D
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Imagine your favourite band releases clues for a secret meet-up of some sort ... (at least it seems real...here's hoping?).  ...you follow the clues and wind up in a derelict factory with an aggressive cult leader indoctrinating you ... and there's no band ...ohhh shit what did we get ourselves into?!

....2007 NIN
https://youtu.be/--K35-JxMUM
(A link to better quality video is in the YT description text)

...worth watching the full thing if you haven't already 😀

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Do you remember what you did on this day 30 years ago?

Well I do... (ok, not exactly)... May 2nd, 1989:
I went out and bought a vinyl album by one of my favourite bands, called The Cure. "Disintegration" was the title... took it home and played it, struck me as melancholic but beautiful. Still does to this day!  :happy

P.S.: I looked at the old vinyl sleeve, the price sticker is still on! Bought it at "Mueller" in Ulm for 16,95 DM (decent price back then).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on May 02, 2019, 10:44:58
Do you remember what you did on this day 30 years ago?

My life was different then. I had no phone, no tape recorder but at least a number of
LPs and singles, and I lived on the seventh floor of a hall of residence. Lullaby was played
very often and I knew subconsciously that this is a masterpiece. I was more into DM that
time. I couldn't buy the album because I grew up behind the "iron curtain". A month later
I had my first proper love affair, but it lasted only a summer. The singles from Disintegration
were extremely popular, but then, you know, a whole state collapsed. And now, thirty years
later, I have to go to an expert adviser (tomorrow 9am). More details later... ;)

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on May 02, 2019, 14:26:51
My life was different then.

Trust me, mine was too! (Although some things stay the same - e.g. I still like The Cure!)
I had just finished school and after the long summer break I was supposed to do my service in the "Bundeswehr", which was very different to anything I'd done before (and after, thankfully). And how useless this "service" seemed, when the "iron curtain" came down and our "enemy" became our dear neighbour(s) and friend(s)...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on May 03, 2019, 17:06:55
And how useless this "service" seemed, when the "iron curtain" came down and our "enemy" became our dear neighbour(s) and friend(s)...

Oh, that's nice! Thank you. Back then I was lucky enough to meet some Cure fans. The "community"
in East Germany was small but very distinctive. And I heard (of course) horrible stories about them.
So many things have changed since then. The past fades away slowly. If someone had told me that
I would be a member of Curefans, I would have declared him for mad, so The Cure have changed my life too,
in a positive way. However, the present is not without uncertainty (as mentioned before). A specific
authority requested an expert report and the examination was today. The expected result (in July) might be a
retraining? Otherwise I have to apply for ALGII a second time in October/November. Nevertheless, the
talk with the neurologist was useful anyway. 
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Rockfield Studios is on my mind...

This is the place where The Damned recorded their "Black Album" and "Strawberries" - now they went back! It is the studio where Queen made "Bohemian Rhapsody" - plus The Cure recorded here earlier this year!!  :1f62e:

dsanchez

The speed of mind of this guy

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

On a Damned spree today Ulrich...the whole world is going insane...  :cool  :×

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Keanu's answer to this question:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

I just happened to open a book and re-read some notes I made a few years ago while attending a seminar in child and adolescent psychotherapy:

"Play that involves putting things together can be helpful in dealing with disintegration. The child can experience feeling self as master of disintegration.... able to reintegrate. They can experience regaining power. It's not a Cure for trauma, but can be experienced as reparative"

...ummm... is my mind so heavily thinking about the upcoming disintegration shows that it's bending a space/time continuum. 😂
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on May 20, 2019, 15:18:12"... can be helpful in dealing with disintegration. The child can experience feeling self as master of disintegration.... able to reintegrate. They can experience regaining power. It's not a Cure for trauma..."

Ha ha ha, good one!  :smth023

chemicaloverload

Packing and leaving for the Eden Festival, so I can stand and watch in awe at Irvine Welsh bust out some banging tunes  :cool

Hope everyone whose going to Dublin enjoys themselves  :lol: