Wish Remaster/Deluxe Edition?

Started by | SONA |, October 15, 2008, 20:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

sideshow

Quote from: wish-man on October 21, 2010, 22:15:56

I wish it would be 3 Discs. But third shouldn't be remastered Show CD  :roll:  And yeah. Must be alot of new instrumental stuff  :smth020
i m new here ,but ive been a fan since head, i agree totally , the third disc should be an audio version of the first 2 "concerts" from play out so i can get nice versions of away (a mellow version of cut iirc) , big hand , and  that nice 10 minute version of forest,
plus maybe some of that unplugged stuff as well. the wish era was very prolific and i would hope that show and paris get thier own remaster (maybe adding the tracks from show that were  cd-i only )  abyways nice forum!!!! :D
face like stone
eyes of ice
mouth so sweetly
telling lies

tothesky1988

Quote from: | SONA | on October 15, 2008, 20:00:23
I may be in the minority but the "Wish" era is by far my favorite of the Cure's, and I'm dying for a Deluxe Edition re-release as they've done with the early records.  I'm new to the forum but couldn't find any info on if/when this might happen.  If it does, might all the amazing b-sides including Lost Wishes be included?  I'm more interested in having the whole era on a 2 disc set including b-sides rather then demos etc. (although those would be be cool too).  I ripped my Lost Wishes tape to mp3 and it's amazing how muddled it sounds!

Absolutely agree with you here, though the current pressing for Wish sounds fine, I just hope the new version doesn't suffer the loudness war issues, look at the "Entreat deluxe" edition, which sounds like crap. But I hold hope they add some glorious extras, and package it all nicely.

tothesky1988

Quote from: Matti on November 28, 2009, 18:28:18
Probably not.

But, speaking of Wish, there's a "Custom Optimization" (i.e. a private amateur "remaster"/eq'd) version on TPB - has anyone listened to an has an opinion on it?

I have it, they simply added more on the bass end, so you could feel the impact of tunes like Open and FTEODGS, it's nothing special, but removes the need to use equalizer if you are upset with the "flat" sound of the album.

| SONA |

Is there still no news on this reissue?  We're now quite a while after the Disintegration reissue so this should be starting to happen no?  I've been waiting for this thing forever.

I'm personally not into the live stuff as much as remastered versions of all the material they recorded during this period in one awesome package.  I have the standard b-sides remastered from the Box set but rare stuff like Lost Wishes and the handful of unreleased songs would be incredible... I'm sure they'll give us a plethora of weird Smith demos too which is what I'd prefer for the 3rd disc to be, not live stuff.... unless they can fit the album, Lost Wishes, the unreleased tracks/versions and demos on two discs, which I doubt. 

Are they going to make us wait until 2012 for a 20th anniversary edition?

tothesky1988

Quote from: | SONA | on February 02, 2011, 19:10:14
Is there still no news on this reissue?  We're now quite a while after the Disintegration reissue so this should be starting to happen no?  I've been waiting for this thing forever.

I'm personally not into the live stuff as much as remastered versions of all the material they recorded during this period in one awesome package.  I have the standard b-sides remastered from the Box set but rare stuff like Lost Wishes and the handful of unreleased songs would be incredible... I'm sure they'll give us a plethora of weird Smith demos too which is what I'd prefer for the 3rd disc to be, not live stuff.... unless they can fit the album, Lost Wishes, the unreleased tracks/versions and demos on two discs, which I doubt. 

Are they going to make us wait until 2012 for a 20th anniversary edition?

My guess is they're not really focused on, or concerned about Wish at the moment. And if they are, they're probably trying to sort out what should be put out, releasing Join The Dots as they did, I think their feelings on b-sides and the like are that "they're out there", though lost wishes would be a surprise, and instantly would be worth whatever they charge.

| SONA |

where's the news on this!!??  They must do a 20th anniversary edition for 2012.  ARRHHH

Sartr

Hi, guys! I found it today, i think its promo edition, the quality of main album seems sounds better, it's remastered
http://clubs.ya.ru/indie/replies.xml?item_no=1408

Matti

Nice try...

1. The given picture depicts a US back cover of the Wish CD, the MC cover, the CD itself, a label of one of the vinyl discs, and the back cover of the Pure Cure promo sampler, all issued in 1992.

2. Apart from Wendy Time (demo), Heart Attack + Sivvy, CD 2 features tracks that have been widely available for a long time. After Galore and Greatest Hits, why should they release a "Rarities" CD that contains single / 7" Mixes?

3. A live CD... oh yeah. Ever heard of Show and Paris?
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

| SONA |

Damn it.  This is obviously a fake but I'd still pay $30+ for Lost Wishes and a few rarities like a Wendy Time demo, Heart Attack & Sivvy... when the real one comes out.  I hope they use the third disk for rare studio recordings, mixes or demos... please no more live discs!

| SONA |

Found this:  says he was doing Disintegration, Wish and Mixed Up 2 all in a row!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-_pne6g9g&feature=related

| SONA |

Could someone who knows please list all the known studio recordings from the Wish era, including alternate mixes etc.  Thx.

Matti

- Wish album tracks
- High single (single mix, Higher mix + 2 b-sides)
- FIIL (single mix, Strangelove mix + 2 b-sides)
- Elise single (single mix, Blue mix + 2 b-sides)
- Lost Wishes
- High (Trip mix)
- Open (Fix mix)
- Doing the Unstuck (extd. mix)
- Elise (extd. mix)
- Elise "semi-instrumental" (without main vocals)

Other than that, I guess any speculation about a remaster/deluxe doesn't make sense until we get any info from CoF and/or the official site...
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

| SONA |

ok, so here is what I have then.  Asterisks were included on Join The Dots (which were remastered).  R. Smith mentioned doing a Mixed Up 2 along with the Wish Remaster so all or most of those remixes may not end up on the Wish box set?  Any other rare songs from the Wish era not on this list?

01 Open (6:51)
02 High (3:37)
03 Apart (6:40)
04 From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea (7:44)
05 Wendy Time (5:13)
06 Doing the Unstuck (4:24)
07 Friday I'm in Love (3:39)
08 Trust (5:33)
09 A Letter to Elise (5:14)
10 Cut (5:55)
11 To Wish Impossible Things (4:43)
12 End (6:46)

13 High (Single mix)
14 High (Higher remix)
15 High (Trip mix)
16 Play*
17 This Twilight Garden*
18 Open (Fix mix)

19 Friday I'm In Love (Single mix)
20 Halo*
21 Sacred As You*
22 Friday I'm In Love (Strangelove remix)

23 A Letter To Elise (Single mix)
24 A Letter To Elise (Blue mix)
25 A Letter To Elise (Extended mix)
26 A Letter To Elise (Semi-instrumental)
27 The Big Hand*
28 A Foolish Arrangement*

29 Uyea Sound (Instrumental)
30 Cloudberry (Instrumental)
31 Off To Sleep (Instrumental)
32 The Three Sisters (Instrumental)

33 Doing The Unstuck (Extended Saunders mix)*
34 The Big Hand (Instrumental)

35 Old England (Instrumental) ?
36 Heart Attack (Instrumental) ?
37 Decadence ?
38 Wedding Dance ?

davidgoliath77

Quote from: | SONA | on October 15, 2008, 20:00:23
I may be in the minority but the "Wish" era is by far my favorite of the Cure's, and I'm dying for a Deluxe Edition re-release as they've done with the early records.  I'm new to the forum but couldn't find any info on if/when this might happen.  If it does, might all the amazing b-sides including Lost Wishes be included?  I'm more interested in having the whole era on a 2 disc set including b-sides rather then demos etc. (although those would be be cool too).  I ripped my Lost Wishes tape to mp3 and it's amazing how muddled it sounds!

eh, it's 2011 and so far no sign of this happening.....

SONA, to me Wish is by far the best album that Robert and Co. had put out. I love them all but Wish holds a very special place in my heart.

Gosh, I was just finishing school when it came out and it was a perfect soundtrack for entering the adult life.

Memories memories :)

| SONA |

I've added The Big Hand Instrumental to the above list.  Does anyone have the Elise Instrumental?  That's the only rarity I don't own (I think)...