Hello from Montpellier, France

Started by -:- Elle Lie -:-, December 07, 2016, 14:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

-:- Elle Lie -:-

Hello !

I live near Montpellier in the south of France.
My name is Leslie, I am 38 years old and I live alone with my 5 year old daughter.

I knew The Cure because my elder sister who was 12 years old at the time began listening to them. I was 8 years old.

As a younster, Robert's voice has always been a reassuring presence and assimilated to cheerful and joyful moments. Strange, is not it :)

I grew up with them until I was 15. Afterwards, I dropped a bit more or less because of the datings and the vagaries of life.
And you will not believe, I got the click when I saw them in concert, this year in November in Montpellier. That is 30 years later !!

In fact, I had a fairly strange life... I almost drowned at 7 years and my sister saved me. Then, I had a catastrophic professional life (still topical). I never really found my place... And my love life has been worse... So, I had a period of much questioning, especialy during my last separation. There is certainly something I struggle to do.. Highs and lows... What is the purpose in my life ? Why everything goes in bulk ???

All that to come back to the concert. As soon as I heard the voice of Robert, from the first notes, I felt as if I had found myself. This reassuring voice was still here and came back to me. I felt this benevolent presence.

I believe that during all these years, I lost a little astray and that evening, I found a feeling of well-being, love and goodwill. I sincerely believe that I found my place and that I have been next to the plate all theses years.

I know, it's a little weird but I swear I sincerely had this evidence. It does no explain, it is in the guts...

Robert is an angel ! Hallelujah !! :lol:(He would be glad to hear that lol)

Despite this, I assure you that I am a normal and balanced person, that I love life and my daughter... That's all  :) It is true that I have a character a bit wild but no problem if we are on the same wavelength.

Thank you to all those who read me to the end.

See you soon !

Ulrich

Quote from: -:- Elle Lie -:- on December 07, 2016, 14:37:58
I believe that during all these years, I lost a little astray and that evening, I found a feeling of well-being, love and goodwill. I sincerely believe that I found my place and that I have been next to the plate all theses years.

Wow. That is quite something. Especially for your first post here. Welcome to curefans!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Quote from: Ulrich on December 08, 2016, 13:33:36

Wow. That is quite something. Especially for your first post here. Welcome to curefans!

Thanks Ulrich  ;)

MeltingMan

Thank you to all those who read me to the end.

Nice and detailed introduction. Welcome!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)