Digitalism In Cairo

Started by Verity, July 30, 2007, 19:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Verity

Digitalism are a French electro outfit. Their new album contains a remix of The Cure's Fire In Cairo, discretely dubbed Digitalism In Cairo. The track had been previously available on an unofficial one-sided white label 12" and another 12" with a cover. The remix basically samples the F-I-R-E-I-N-C-A-I-R-O bit, starting almost inaudibly and building up to a climax. I was wondering if Cure people here heard the track and liked it. Could be a taster for the Mixed Up deluxe edition.

Bloodflower

I hope they commission NEW remixes for the Mixed Up remaster, because short of that version of Pictures of You, I haven't really liked any of the new remixes I've heard. of course, I really think they shouldn't have us pay for an album that includes tracks already available for free. Which I'm hoping is how Robert sees it.....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Verity

what new remixes have been made available for free? how?
which pictures mix are you talking about? i'd love to have the full length video version of pictures of you in decent quality
i loved the oakenfold mix of out of this world

Bloodflower

There was a remix of Pictures of You floating around here somewhere -- I know Curefans (and not the downloads section) is where I got it from. I can't remember anything about it at the moment.... But anyway, that's free, and so is the Infusion Mix of The Walk that surfaced after Ultra. The Walk remix isn't very good at all, actually.... At least, I don't feel it is.

And if the Oakenfold remix of Out Of This World shows up on the Mixed Up remaster, I'll go batty. I already have it on Join the Dots -- there's no good reason to buy it twice.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Verity on July 30, 2007, 22:41:28
which pictures mix are you talking about?

this one(?):

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3194.msg19590.html#msg19590

is there a website where this new cairo remix could be listened (streamed)? 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Verity

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 31, 2007, 00:09:43
Quote from: Verity on July 30, 2007, 22:41:28
which pictures mix are you talking about?

this one(?):

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3194.msg19590.html#msg19590

is there a website where this new cairo remix could be listened (streamed)? 

i'll post a link on august 1st (i exceeded my gig limit for this month)

is the pictures ms mf whatever mix official?

Carnage Visor

I have taken a listen to the Digitalism mix, and I have to say, not to offend...but they butchered it. They really butchered it.

Verity

You have successfully uploaded a file called 286 Digitalism In Cairo.mp3 (8 MB), to sendspace.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nhfhts

(This is where you should download it.)