What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

chemicaloverload

This is exactly the problem Ulrich. Every good idea is about 50 years too damn late. I've heard nothing but bad things about the new Brazillian president. Him and Trump...bad combo.
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Sometimes the trees can be saved, if/when there are enough people taking action. The Hambacher forest for example (as mentioned by MeltingMan) did receive the media attention.
There are other places though where (almost) nobody cares.

Now for something completely different:
I'll soon be giving up hope of ever hearing from her again...  :'‑(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 08, 2018, 11:02:32
Do you think by giving tree's legal rights, it goes far enough though?

No, actually not. It can be only a symbolic step. I see clearing campaigns every autumn - with
mixed feelings. People tend to act first and think later. Look, an oak tree takes 100-150 years
to be fully grown, and then you can fell that beauty in a couple of minutes! Not good, and the
nature strikes back, of course. Our actions or non-actions always have consequences. For my
taste the German government is not ambitious enough. But that's a new topic.  ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 09, 2018, 09:21:33
Now for something completely different:
I'll soon be giving up hope of ever hearing from her again...  :'‑(

Thanks for the info. This is an emergency. Can or would you give us some details?
You don't have to, by the way. I don't know what she might intends to do. Wait, do nothing!!

Ulrich

There are no "new" details. Last week, as reported, she wanted to phone me the next day, which she didn't. I suggested via text that I call on Thursday then (as I was busy on Wednesday), to which she replied "yes we could phone on Thursday", but when I tried she did not answer her phone. No call back, no nothing.
After this "long" time I took this as a clear sign she does not want any more contact. I will maybe send one last message to ask if she's okay.

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 09, 2018, 13:55:01
After this "long" time I took this as a clear sign she does not want any more contact.

Yeah and I'm really sorry for that. What a bad ending! I suppose you are not interested
in "friendship", are you? It seems as if she's not so interested in you and has problems with her
self-esteem. Otherwise she would call and text you back within two days. She didn't, so I wouldn't
contact her again. When she backs off, and that's the case, you back off too. Do nothing, except the
things you like. Supposing she contacts you first unexpectedly, be happy about it, but make clear that
you are not interested in "friendship". That's what I would do. Harsh story. You deserve something better!

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 09, 2018, 16:32:40
Yeah and I'm really sorry for that. What a bad ending! I suppose you are not interested in "friendship", are you?

Oh well, never say "never", but in this case it seems unlikely she will suggest that.
When we last talked (from person to person) we were both looking forward to the next meeting, so I have no idea why she changed her mind.  :pensive:

chemicaloverload

Oh Ulrich, I'm sorry to see what you've wrote. I don't have any answers for you but all I can tell you is one day, all of this will seem like a distant memory when your with the person your supposed to be with. Don't stop looking and have some fun along the way.

I spent the night cleaning up sick and the day in court so I need to sleep or better yet, stop dead.

Bon nuit

Ulrich

Hope you slept well and can relax this weekend!

Well I will remember these 2 dates as "special", because they went like a dream. Her eyes, her smile... told me it could've continued in a good way. Obviously she doesn't see it that way any more, which is kinda disappointing. But it's not the end of the world... (or is it?)...

chemicaloverload

Thank you, I did, solidly, as did spooks. Shes feeling better today too which is also great, she had a sickness bug, even sicked in her sleep the night before which was scary.

Ulrich, do you know what I like about you, you seem to have this magical openness about you, a positivity and the ability to envision the future from the moments you experience with people and I think that is a rare quality. I would hate for you to lose that based on the words of others. So no, its not the end of the world, it will never be  :×

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 09, 2018, 13:55:01
No call back, no nothing.

I had once a girlfriend from the Stuttgart region too. Not very close - just an "in-between" thing.
She waved and smiled at me in the beginning and was open-minded, so she made it easy for me
to flirt with her. After a while she gave me her phone number and I started to "softening-up" the
communication. The result was that she interrupted phone calls for whatever reasons. By that time
she had lived nearby, so I was able to see and talk to her from time to time. But I knew she would
return one day to Stuttgart (that's what she once told me), and I was keen not to be involved too much
emotionally. She was my type - absolutely - but she might had noticed that I "wanted more" and that
she allows only a friendship. So far - so good. Then came our very last meeting (with her mother), just
a cup of coffee you know  ;). After twenty minutes we separated in different directions. In the distance
she turned around to me and said "she wouldn't like types with long hair anyway". -

I still have her number, but I never heard from that woman again. 

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 10, 2018, 10:57:46
Ulrich, do you know what I like about you, you seem to have this magical openness about you, a positivity and the ability to envision the future from the moments you experience with people and I think that is a rare quality.

Oh, thank you, that is so kind of you to say this.
I'm not sure if I do "envision", sometimes it's just a bit of a "dream"... (in this case, it seems, it dissolved quickly...)!

"nothing here ever gets resolved, like a dream you can feel it dissolve
soon as you found it, you lost it" (TV Smith)

Maybe I put a certain "persona" across in internet forums, just like Robert Smith puts a persona across in The Cure (which may be similar to the real one, but not 100% the same, if you know what I mean).

I can be angry and even curse at something at times, if things don't work out my way.
I try to be positive - but I can be negative and depressed too. I try not to let "outside" things influence my well-being too much, but it's not always possible...

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 10, 2018, 11:50:36
...After twenty minutes we separated in different directions. In the distance she turned around to me and said "she wouldn't like types with long hair anyway".

Boah, that is not a nice thing to say at the very end (she could've realised that much sooner anyway)!  :1f629:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Relationships (or the start/end of them) are often complicated...

chemicaloverload

Hahah Ulrich, take the compliment  :lol:

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 10, 2018, 16:19:36
Boah, that is not a nice thing to say at the very end (she could've realised that much sooner anyway)!  :1f629:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Relationships (or the start/end of them) are often complicated...

In that particular case I was able to walk away without any lovesickness, but I was perplexed, of course.
My divorce and my liaison with the "redactrice" were over for just a year or two. The major concern was
not acting like a stalker. However, I could redirect the focus on my life, my interests and stop b*llsh*tt*ng
myself. Please inform us when "she" calls out of the blue! Thanks.