The Cure Acapellas?

Started by valentin, July 08, 2008, 20:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

valentin

does anyone know where to get them? i need some. if anyone has some please let me.

valentin

anyone? ive been gogglin them forever, they are hard to find i guess.

Carnage Visor

I'm with you, I've been looking around, I do remixes so I certainly have spent hours searching the web for Cure acapellas or master tracks or anything of the sort. I guess the best way to get just the vocals would be to use an audio plugin that removes the music or something...vocal isolators. They're not perfect, and most of the time they leave behind the drum beat along with the voice, but at least it gives you something to work with.

japanesebaby

acapellas or master tracks - seem like very different things(?).

i've actually been wondering what the original question is about. the way i originally understood it was that it meant vocal/choir arrangements of cure songs - that's generally what "a cappella" refers to, vocal arrangements (not just isolated vocal track).

as lucrative and wonderful as it would sound like, unfortunately there's no audio plug-in that would somehow remove some part of the music (like instrumental tracks) and leave some other part intact. that's simply science fiction. you cannot isolate the vocal part once all the tracks have been mixed together - that's what mixing is about, it mixes everything into one track and you cannot reverse that. 
the only way to get an isolated vocal track would be to have the original master in multi-track - and one may very well google for the rest of one's life for those, i think... robert is no trent.
anyway, i thought the question was about vocal/choir arrangements, and thus about cover versions(?).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

valentin

actually what i wanted is the "acapella" by that i mean,
like lets say "just like heaven" with out any of the instrumental, just the voice.

but yeah it seems its not available, but how the hell do those damn dj's get a hold of them??? probly label connects im guessin

valentin

oh and ive searched on google like never before. once i find one, any of the acapellas ill let you know Carnage Visor....

has anyone tried limewire???

Carnage Visor

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 24, 2008, 22:41:26as lucrative and wonderful as it would sound like, unfortunately there's no audio plug-in that would somehow remove some part of the music (like instrumental tracks) and leave some other part intact. that's simply science fiction. you cannot isolate the vocal part once all the tracks have been mixed together - that's what mixing is about, it mixes everything into one track and you cannot reverse that. 
the only way to get an isolated vocal track would be to have the original master in multi-track - and one may very well google for the rest of one's life for those, i think... robert is no trent.
anyway, i thought the question was about vocal/choir arrangements, and thus about cover versions(?).

Actually, I know for a fact that there is indeed an audio plugin (many, actually) that can isolate the vocals, or remove the music from an audio file. I've tested one out and it worked pretty well, but was a demo so all the features were not present. So no, it's not science fiction.

And yes, technically an acapella is a vocal arrangement of a song, with human voices filling in for the instruments. But in the world of remixing, an acapella just means plain isolated vocals. The remixing community usually makes their own, and various websites (like blacklabel and acapellas4you, they have a pretty good selection of vocal-only versions of songs) so I'd check there!

So as I said before, your best bet would be to play around with various audio plugins (if you have an audio editing program like Audacity, there are various ones available online). Also play around with the EQ in addition to the plugin and you can get a pretty good, clean vocal cut. It sounds ridiculous, but I've been remixing long enough to know that is IS possible, and can be done relatively easily if you have the proper tools. :)

I hope this helps the slightest bit. Unless indeed you are looking for versions of The Cure where all the instruments are instead sung by human voices? Then I am not sure if that exists. Perhaps Rockapella groups have covered The Cure?!  :smth023 

japanesebaby

Quote from: Carnage Visor on August 27, 2008, 21:30:49
Quote from: japanesebaby on August 24, 2008, 22:41:26as lucrative and wonderful as it would sound like, unfortunately there's no audio plug-in that would somehow remove some part of the music (like instrumental tracks) and leave some other part intact. that's simply science fiction. you cannot isolate the vocal part once all the tracks have been mixed together - that's what mixing is about, it mixes everything into one track and you cannot reverse that. 

Actually, I know for a fact that there is indeed an audio plugin (many, actually) that can isolate the vocals, or remove the music from an audio file. I've tested one out and it worked pretty well, but was a demo so all the features were not present. So no, it's not science fiction.

i know very well what you are talking about, you are talking about vocal enhancer plug-ins. that's not the same as really separating the vocal track. the plug-ins simply isolate the frequencies that vocal part is mainly located - and that means it also isolates some of the instrumental stuff too because it isolates/enhances a slice from the overall sound spectrum (i.e. frequencies). and that's nowhere near the same as really having the real multitracks. well ok one can say that plug-ins are the best one can do with some quick and easy "home grown" methods and since i don't know what you used the plug-ins for and why, perhaps it worked well enough for your purpose. but if we're talking about a clean separation of the vocal part, there really is no way to achieve this just with some plug-ins. because those plug-ins only enhance some part of the sound spectrum, it's never a "clean" cut. at best you can isolate a piece of music that has lots of vocal in it but it's always bound to include the part of the instrumental tracks that falls within those same field of  frequencies. (and especially if you play around with EQ too the end result is always somewhat distorted, when compared to the real original).
anyway, like said perhaps it worked well enough for your purpose. i just mean that no plug-ins are a real answer here that would get anywhere near the real multitrack material - so it is science fiction, to really cleanly isolate the vocal part once the tracks have been downmixed. plug-ins only offer something that can simulate this, sometimes perhaps even better than one might imagine, but it's not the same. so i just mean we shouldn't talk about the two methods just as if they were the same.

(well i know it's popular (because it's freeware) but i'd never trust audacity as an editing tool. it's really prone to making errors/distortions, especially with some plug-ins.) 

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Carnage Visor

Alright, you win...  :P
Maybe all that is not perfect for professional editing but it's fine if you're still a kid and doing it for fun or as experimentation.

If the original poster intended to make a mix or something, I think it doesn't need to be perfectly isolated. I've done alot with a track that had traces of drum and a saxaphone solo. It can be done. Maybe not perfect, nowhere near the clean production quality you can get using master tracks, but it'll do if you want to experiment and make some underground mixes for your own enjoyment.

valentin, I'm sorry I never asked what you were aiming for! :) Are you looking to make a mix? I just assumed that's what you wanted. Perhaps something else? 

P.S. I meant Acoustica, not Audacity. Acoustica will do the job, for cheap, and relatively easy.

valentin

i mean i want the acappella only, like i said

for example "boys dont cry"  but i just want the vocals. no drums ,no guitars, no bass. just vocals.

oh ive heard of this one trick you could do on audacity to kinda get rid of the instruments, but it doesnt work..... for me at least.

Carnage Visor

Quote from: valentin on August 28, 2008, 00:03:18
i mean i want the acappella only, like i said

for example "boys dont cry"  but i just want the vocals. no drums ,no guitars, no bass. just vocals.

oh ive heard of this one trick you could do on audacity to kinda get rid of the instruments, but it doesnt work..... for me at least.

Yeah, I'm sorry buddy...that's all I can think of. Well, I guess we just have to wait until somebody who's really good at audio manipulation to-for some reason-isolate the vocal track to Cure songs. 8)

valentin