Please post your favourite songs about what's wrong with the world

Started by SueC, April 18, 2021, 05:47:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: SueC on April 18, 2021, 05:47:50I'd love it if all sorts of people posted their favourite songs about what's wrong with this world

The song is about a boy who is dying of AIDS with his father by his side. Elton's lyricist, Bernie Taupin, explained: "We didn't go for the obvious. I tried to do something lyrically that would thaw the intolerance of not understanding. That's why I used the idea of a father coming to terms with his son's status in life and his sexuality, but unfortunately understanding too late. If you can melt a little intolerance along the way, I'm happy with that."

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on July 17, 2021, 18:54:33
Quote from: SueC on April 18, 2021, 05:47:50songs about what's wrong with this world

I guess this?

I'm sure that's part of it, @dsanchez:1f635:  There's a clip on YT where a young guy shows that to his dad, who to my mind has better things to say than his eye-rolling, you're-so-predictable son, but we all know why that is: Because young men think old men are fools, but old men know young men are fools...  :winking_tongue

Re the HIV, Elton John sings pretty heartfelt but is not my thing musically. Here's another take on the same topic though:

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

"Under the wheels
Of the war machine
Always someone else's scheme"
The holy city breathed like a dying man...