Other Artist's Deluxes and remasters

Started by Purple Orchid, October 02, 2006, 18:29:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Orchid

I've just recieved Pulp "DIfferent Class" Deluxe edition and the art is absolutely awesome!
- Silver letters on the front and back cover and around the photographs, also on the fold out sleeves.
- All the elements of the art were kept. I was frightened I would lose some of the original art (I sold my old CD 2 weeks ago and was giving it second thoughts) but everything is there, it's just like the original booklet with added pages, 32 in total. The phrase that was printed below the tray on the original CD is kept! In particular I wished very much the lyrics page had the "Please do not read the lyrics whilst listening to the recordings" thing, it's there.
- Unseen pictures left off the orignal art. (and not plastered with colours and effects!)
- Lyrics to demos and B sides.
- Funnily enough, Jarvis' article end in a sort of "to be continued" note, very much like Johnny Black's.
- I must say that the extra content is not that great, given that I had a few of the B sides, in fact, I bought it mainly because of the art, it was that one or the original one with interchangeable sleeves. Ragrding packaging, I wish The Cure's deluxes were like that!
BTW: Are the Jesus and Mary Chains remasters worth?
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

boneheadhaggar

as far as I know there are no extra tracks on the JAMC remasters :?
its nice to be nice