Japan Imports (SHM-CDs) of Remasters - Disintegration is listed!? March Release

Started by sullen, January 26, 2008, 03:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Oso Blanco

Quote from: lostflower4 on February 02, 2008, 07:02:30
And Kiss Me is just split across two discs with no bonus material at all. WTF?  Maybe SHM-CD has a 74-minute limit like old CDs?

It's supposed to be a replica of the original vinyl album.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

closedown

look definetely nice - but pricewise, ahem, I will definetely resist... shame though that during the reissue process they neglected the Concert album, would have loved to have that one expanded to the full set of that tour or at least expanded + add 'Japan' + 'Barrowlands' as a bonus on dvd.
wonder how many will buy those, though, quite a hefty price tag!

CharcoalFace

Quote from: closedown on February 02, 2008, 12:37:35
would have loved to have that one expanded to the full set of that tour

I have my fingers crossed for they to release "Entreat Deluxe" with bonus tracks  :? at least to have the complete Disintegration album in live versions...

sues777

Quote from: CharcoalFace on February 04, 2008, 05:11:30

I have my fingers crossed for they to release "Entreat Deluxe" with bonus tracks  :? at least to have the complete Disintegration album in live versions...

According to the 4Tour tourbook I bought in Sydney, a re-mastered, deluxe edition of Entreat is down for release this year....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

adam60

audiophiles will buy them for the improved sound quality. If you can spends thousands of dollars on a stereo, you can afford to spend $60 dollars for a cd.
Plus complete-ists will buy them. Normally Japanese cd's are pretty cool. Well made and well packaged.

japanesebaby

Quote from: adam60 on February 05, 2008, 23:12:10
Normally Japanese cd's are pretty cool. Well made and well packaged.

that's true. i have the original japanese CD edition for 'disintegration', with the typical japanese "obi" and japanese lyrics sheet:
http://www.thecurerecords.com/record.aspx?id=2237

it's actually totally useless to own since there's nothing different in the cd itself music-wise. and i've thought of selling it many times but i never had the heart to do it because it's just pretty cool, like you said.

so here they are making money on people's weaknesses, once more...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine