Equipment to tape a concert

Started by dsanchez, March 05, 2007, 16:44:18

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

I'd suggest you check your levels during 65daysofstatic set to give you a rough idea of where you'll need to be.  That way you should be able to avoid some drastic increase/decrease at the start of The Cure's set.

DonMTV

Hi all,
   I am new to this forum, but a huge Cure fan.  I was able to catch them at the Shrine on Sunday and it was a fantastic show.  I know that taping should be stealth, and one way to do that is to use the hard drive based recorders.  I know that iPods have the ability to record.  Has anyone heard of an iPod being used to record concerts?  I have a video iPod, and I found this XtremeMac MicroMemo Voice Recorder Mic that plugs into the iPod.  I figure get good mics, and a bassbox and plug it into the line in.

Don

Here is the Amazon link for more info: http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-IPV-MIC-00-MicroMemo-Digital-Recorder/dp/B000FNC2IK

DonMTV

Disregard my above post.  I went to taperssection and put iPod in the search and found out that no one encourages it.  Oh well, I thought it would be cool to use if it would record well.  I am sure it would be easier to pass that off if caught at the door by security.  I will look into other options.

Don

j

Quote from: DonMTV on June 04, 2008, 07:22:54
Disregard my above post.  I went to taperssection and put iPod in the search and found out that no one encourages it.  Oh well, I thought it would be cool to use if it would record well.  I am sure it would be easier to pass that off if caught at the door by security.  I will look into other options.

Don

The 3 Mexico shows in 2007 were recorded using the following:

Apple 80 GB Video iPod + Belkin iTalk + Giant Squid Omnis

It did not turn out well (sorry EB!)...very distorted.  Of course, the loudness at the Mexico shows was very high.  If you need help, feel free to ask questions.  There are many tapers on this forum and we're always glad to help (and welcome to the forum as well!)