Robert Smith interview in Sirius XM

Started by dsanchez, May 04, 2019, 01:51:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Long (45') interview with Robert. Very disappointed to listen that there are no plans of other Disintegration shows besides Sydney :worried:

QuoteIf we don't play [other #Disintegration shows] it does not matter, just watch the [Sydney] live stream

But very happy to listen that The Cure movie (the work Tim Pope was talking about in the last weeks) is planned for release in cinemas :)

Listen the full interview below:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

madspark

Quote from: dsanchez on May 04, 2019, 01:51:09
Long (45') interview with Robert. Very disappointed to listen that there are no plans of other Disintegration shows besides Sydney :worried:

QuoteIf we don't play [other #Disintegration shows] it does not matter, just watch the [Sydney] live stream

Robert, it does matter! There is something very special about hearing a performer live and sharing that experience with them and those around you. To experience an artist's best work live is every fan's dream come true.
Shows Of A Lost World Tour 2023
2023.06.18 Boston, MA Xfinity Center (USA)
2023.06.20 New York, NY Madison Square Garden (USA)

Ulrich

Note: I edited above post to correct the quotation.

Very disappointed to listen that there are no plans of other Disintegration shows besides Sydney

Well he says "IF we don't...", so there might still be new plans? Not certain of course.

But very happy to listen that The Cure movie (the work Tim Pope was talking about in the last weeks) is planned for release in cinemas :)

Yes, sounds good!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

This article has the key messages of Robert's interview for those who won't listen the 45 minutes audio:

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/05/03/cure-festival-los-angeles/

Most of it, however, are news for US fans (a show he will curate in Los Angeles this year -similar to Meltdown- and shows to be confirmed for 2020, I suppose to promote the new album). Europe is not mentioned anywhere :/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on May 05, 2019, 19:14:50This article has the key messages of Robert's interview for those who won't listen the 45 minutes audio

Very good, indeed I had waited for more time to be listening to the audio!  :-D

Thus, with the article, I can quote some of his sentences, which I like to do!
Quote"I don't really want to dedicate the rest of the year to celebrating something that happened 30 years ago," Smith said. "I'd much rather celebrate what we're doing now. "

"We're already talking about what we're going to do coming back to America next year," he said. "I want to do something with new songs. I want to bring a new show to America rather than do something nostalgic."

I like that! Too much "nostalgia" is not for me; I want to hear (some) new songs too when I get to see them again!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...