What (non-Cure) dream you had yesterday?

Started by dsanchez, January 11, 2021, 10:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Strangely I dreamed about meeting a few people I "only" know through the internet (so far)... for one person I tried to make his seat more "comfortable" (and that was the word I used in my dream, because he's from UK). The other person is German (and the two don't know each other) and I never really met her (but saw her at a concert once, before "befriending" on FB)...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

It's amazing how rarely people I know personally or am pen-pals with feature in my dreams - also I don't often dream about anyone famous, either historical or contemporary. It seems my dreams are mostly peopled with imaginary characters and the only "real" person who appears in them with any regularity is my husband.

Brett says he can't remember ever dreaming about anyone historical or otherwise famous, but he does remember that he dreamt about Cybermen once (which would be a big thing for him as a total Dr Who geek and as someone who writes recreational essays on Cybermen on Gallifrey Base). Apparently Cybermen were located in a giant warehouse under the floor of a house. He says to mention they were the models from The Tomb of the Cybermen circa 1966/67.

SueC is time travelling

SueC

One from Brett:

I dreamed I was in a bookshop, the kind that's elegantly appointed, but quite dark.

I spotted two Doctor Who books. It's been probably more than 25 years since I actively searched for Doctor Who novels in bookshops, but in my dreams I still do, and tend to find novelisations of stories that never existed.

In this case, it was an omnibus of "The Highlanders" and, strangely enough, "Vanity Fair" (a book I've never read). It had a light cover with a sort of painted sunset over a pond. No Doctor Who livery or branding at all. An odd decision of the publisher, but I daresay it made sense to someone at the time.

The other was another omnibus, which included about 5 stories - the only two I remember was "Mark of the Rani", and "Time and the Rani". Maybe "The Sea Devils" as well. I remember thinking there seemed to be no thematic connection, other than the final two stories there.

At the back of the shop was a comics section, the kind at waist height and you flick through them one after t'other, rather than on a bookcase. Someone was putting in more, and there was some good stuff there.

It was a work colleague from years ago, Hugo -- trombonist, son of a preacher I believe, and lately a UX designer. He was putting comics in the rack, his own, so I vaguely gather this was a 2nd-hand bookshop. I told him that the owner would pay him for these. He wasn't bothered. But he had a wheelbarrow that he had samples of non-alcoholic grape juice in, and I felt I should therefore make an effort and said I'd sample one.

It tasted of lemon. Indeed, there were a lot of lemon pips and lemon fibre bits.

I don't recall anything else of substance in that dream...

Where do I get on that channel??? In my own dreams I never find myself in cosy bookshops leafing through titles. I vaguely had a dream last night in which I was having to play detective, but it was surreal and disconnected and I opted on waking up not to rehearse the dream so I'd not remember it (waste of disk space).  :P 
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on July 19, 2021, 03:11:16It tasted of lemon. Indeed, there were a lot of lemon pips and lemon fibre bits.

I don't recall anything else of substance in that dream...

Wasn't the pips & fibre enough substance?  :winking_tongue

SueC

Here's something unusual and lovely from a dream, something that doesn't exist in the real world.

In the dream Brett and I were walking along the banks of a wide river with internal stream channels and islands. This wasn't Australia but I'm not sure where, perhaps Middle Earth.

Sometimes the bank was impassable and we had to drop down to the river bed itself and do a bit of wading along the sides to continue. This was in clear, slow-moving water. Then we'd be able to climb back up the bank and continue along it.

After a while we saw these unusual curtains of water spaced all along the river. I can't call them walls because even though they went up from the waterline and between 2-5 metres into the air, they weren't solid like walls. They were 10cm thick at most in their widest places and membrane-thin in other places, and the tops of these curtains branched into these beautiful flow shapes - tapered points with droplets, wavelike curves, like something from an illustration in a fairytale book.

The water in the curtains didn't move; it was frozen, but not into ice, although in a way it resembled ice sculptures; it was a transparent gel and it just hung there with its sculpted edges moving very gently in the breeze, and it was defying the ordinary laws of physics just by existing.

These curtains were breathtakingly beautiful and completely mesmerising; I ran my fingertips along an edge gently and it felt like a flexible glass to touch, but within a few seconds of being touched the curtain edge began to flow and the shapes began to change, and slowly, the top of the curtain began to curve downwards and the whole structure commenced a slow-motion surrender to gravity, and where it bent and flowed into the water, it became ordinary water.

I didn't touch another of these curtains after that; I didn't want them to disappear - so as we walked along and passed by other examples of this fantastical phenomenon, I just looked from close range.

It was like being in some kind of enchanted fairytale-land. 🖤
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

In two consecutive nights, I dreamed about persons I hadn't seen in a loooong time... first was a girl I had a crush on back in my school days, in this dream when I met her she said she lived abroad with her son.
The next was about "old" friends I haven't met in many years and lost touch with, wonder why they did appear in my dreams right now?  :1f636:

Lollo

I keep dreaming various dreams about Keith Richards from Rolling Stones,just casual dreaming nothing special.
I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year.

Breathe
Breathe on me
Be like you used to be
Breathe on me

Ulrich

Quote from: Lollo on July 10, 2022, 20:35:34I keep dreaming various dreams about Keith Richards...

That alone is special.  ;)

Welcome to the forum, btw.  :cool

Lollo

I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year.

Breathe
Breathe on me
Be like you used to be
Breathe on me

Ulrich

After being woken up by thunder, I fell asleep again and had a strange, confused dream.
I was in a town I did not know, I went to an Italian restaurant to ask for the way, the guy there gave me a coin (don't know what for, maybe for a phone booth). Still looking for the right way, I walked on through the town... got back to my car to see one door was open and thieves had gone through my bag and everything...  :1f635:
Later I was back at the building with the restaurant (I wanted to return to eat a pizza, to say thanks for the coin), then I was at a computer looking at photos from an old graveyard, some kid told me where to find it...

Ulrich

Been feeling ill again... some weird fever dreams early in the mornings, most I can't remember, but this one: I was at a "Louis XIV" style palace with huge gardens and trying to fly through it with a big grey sail or something...

Ulrich

When you start dreaming about "Saul", it is time to watch less of "Better Call Saul", I guess. (In my dream, he tried to tell me something vaguely, I said "Saul, get to the point"...)

Another dream I had was about a former friend, I was hesitant about seeing him again - in the dream I met him by accident in a crowd which was moving towards an unknown direction (?), anyway, he had a girl with him and kindly said to her "look, Regina, this is my old mate Uli". (Thus, in the dream, I was glad he was friendly.)

Ulrich

Early yesterday I dreamed about a bus ride, which took me along a castle (the remarkable tower looked familiar to me). Next I was at some friends' house, although it was early morning one of the brothers was already in the kitchen preparing food (well he's a cook...), I did not need to ring the doorbell because I saw him at the open window and he saw me. Then I was inside the house (which looked different than what I remembered) with the brothers and we talked.
Next thing I remember is stepping outside the house onto the road and a guy on a bicycle nearly rode me over. I thought I heard someone talking to me, but then noticed it was just the guy on the bike talking into his phone...

Ulrich

I had a strange dream which felt a bit like I was a spy in in a movie... plus there was this woman who looked pretty strange & wasted (which was probably an echo from a film I'd watched the night before).

Ulrich

Had a dream about going to a wedding. At first we seemed to be at the house of the couple (before going to another place), I was offered a drink and walked around looking for people I would know... somehow realising I was wearing the wrong clothes for a wedding.  :1f62e: