2011.09.10 Newport - Robin Hill Countryside Adventure Park 'Bestival 2011' (England)

Started by monghi, December 01, 2010, 11:08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to this show?

You may only select up to 2 options.

monghi

Live updates

-Robert watched Crystal Castles show from a side of stage
-The Cure's crew loading the band's staff on the stage
-Simon Gallup has got his rdg FC flag back on his bass amp
-Roger is on stage!
-Sky Arts 1: Live footage of The Cure will be shown on tonight's highlights from 11.36pm
-Violet Vendetta watching the show from the right side of the stage?

Reviews

The News (Porsmouth) - Bestival 2011 review: Stunning sets from The Cure and Primal Scream
Digital Spy - Bestival 2011: The Cure play career-spanning headlining set
Isle of Wight County Press Online: Bestival has The Cure
NME: The Cure play only European show of the year at Bestival
Musikalia - The Cure vuelven a los teclados en el Bestival
Curefans.com's Trust  review

Photos

Bestival 'official' photos / Getty Images / Wire Image

Facebook: Robert's puppet / Roger on stage
Twitter: Full moon?

Videos

Click on "Videos in this Playlist" to watch a particular song

Selist
(Thanks Trust for the live updates!)

Soundcheck

One Hundred Years, A Forest, Plainsong

Mainset

Plainsong, Open, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, The Only One, The Walk, Push, Friday I'm In Love, In Between Days, Play For Today, A Forest, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, One Hundred Years, End, Disintegration

Encore 1

Lullaby, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot!, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 2

Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

Went to the show? Saw the band doing the soundcheck? Share your photos here. If you have trouble uploading the pictures send them to info@curefans.com and we will do it for you!

Bestival 2011
http://www.bestival.net/#/news/first-bestival-2011-headliner-and-acts-announced
i never said i would stay to the end

CrazyCreator

Read my iPhone, Apple, Windows and Technical Blog.
CrazyCreator

dsanchez

Finally the news we were waiting for. And this seems to be real! I hope this is not really the only European show from the band (as announced in the festival's site). Anyway, the chosen place looks interesting: an island!

By the way, I was doing some research and this seems to be the cheapest way to do the trip:

1) From London, book a train to Portsmouth. The trajet would cost less £5.00 if you buy well in advance. It takes two hours to get there.

To buy tickets: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

2) Then in Portsmouth take a ferry to Fishbourne (Isle of Wight)

Round trip ticket cost about £12.30 (assuming you're going by foot)

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/fares--tickets.aspx

So if you arrange well in advance everything, you shouldn't spend more than £25 (about € 29) to go from London to Isle of Wight (round trip).
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 11:35:01
I hope this is not really the only European show from the band (as announced in the festival's site)

Robert said is the only European Festival the band will play in 2011. This does not mean the band won't play shows on their own next year :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

FINALLY NEWS ... I thought it would never come ...

Cool place ... never bin in England before ... a promise from somebody ...

I really hope I can be there :rocker

So Happy  :smth026

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Looks like there are no ferries going from France to Isle of Wight, you have to go to England mainland and take a ferry from Portsmouth.

All info here http://www.wightlink.co.uk/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 12:43:51
Looks like there are no ferries going from France to Isle of Wight, you have to go to England mainland and take a ferry from Portsmouth.

All info here http://www.wightlink.co.uk/

Thanks  :smth023
And looks like you can't buy a day-ticket for the festival  :? 

dsanchez

Well, £ 160.00 (about € 190) is pretty expensive :?

if it's like this I would only go if this is the only show of The Cure in 2011. Hope Robert will give some more news in the upcoming weeks!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 12:49:59
Well, £ 160.00 (about € 190) is pretty expensive :?

if it's like this I would only go if this is the only show of The Cure in 2011. Hope Robert will give some more news in the upcoming weeks!

Yeah it's expensive and not easy to get there  :?  But anyway I don't want to take a risk, I would never forgive myself!

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on December 01, 2010, 13:55:36
Yeah it's expensive and not easy to get there  :?  But anyway I don't want to take a risk, I would never forgive myself!

what risk? I don't think the festival will be sold out if people must pay € 190 per ticket, so we can wait... something tells me Bob is going to confirm other dates for next year 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 15:55:30
Quote from: Trust... on December 01, 2010, 13:55:36

what risk? I don't think the festival will be sold out if people must pay € 190 per ticket, so we can wait... something tells me Bob is going to confirm other dates for next year 8)

The risk to miss the only 2011 show  .... well let's hope your feeling is right !
I would rather see them with an own show in some venue in Europe then a festival, but imagine this is the only one ...

othervoices

I think there will be more to the cures' 2011 live plans than Bestival...

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 11:35:01
Anyway, the choosen place looks interesting: an island!

Do you really think so  :shock:  it looks more ...  :?  ghrrrr how to get there
car, ferry, car, ferry, car
or car, ferry, car
or car, plane, bus, ferry, bus
or car, train, car, ferry, car ............

:smth100

dsanchez

I would say: Be patient and wait for more news. Bob has said "this will be the only European festival where we will play in 2011". He didn't rule out the possibility of other concerts ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo