Laurence Tolhurst makes a call

Started by dsanchez, February 22, 2007, 14:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Laurence Tolhurst, founding member and former drummer/keyboardist from The Cure, will offer free copies of his band’s newest album to the people who attend the Ultra Music Festival and who give some publicity of it at that event.

Plus info:
http://blog.curefans.com/blog/2007/02/22/laurence-tolhurst-makes-a-call/

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

freshlysquashedfly

I met Lol Years ago when the whole Court thing was in full flow .. He was such a nice man and took time to chat and not run away like Robert usually does

Where is the Ultra Music gig being held ?

I wish Lol well  :smth023

scatcat

just a question I would like to ask... I have heard and read about this court case between Robert and  Lol .. but in Aus,. no press.. can anyone elaborate ?,

and as we say here.." please explain?" .. it seems in most of the books/ publications.. very hush hush.. now they are friends again.. it is water under the bridge.. but CURIOUS I AM  thanks..

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

well, i don't feel it is/was anything really hush hush. actually there were quite a lot of press footage about the whole thing back then (and later too).
i've a few more or less in-depth mag articles that were published at that time, i can put up some scans later today.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 03, 2007, 15:06:20
well, i don't feel it is/was anything really hush hush. actually there were quite a lot of press footage about the whole thing back then (and later too).
i've a few more or less in-depth mag articles that were published at that time, i can put up some scans later today.

i seemed to have total blank recall of this.. there are references to The High Court Battle.. that was in 1994, claiming Lol wanted joint ownership with  Robert of the name The Cure.., ending in ruling against Tolhurst on all counts..  is this all what occurred?. I suppose it never really 'Hit the Headlines' here..

thanks for that M.. i would be very interested in these articles..  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

largeststarintheuniverse

Laurence was backstage at the Bloodflowers Promo Show in Los Angeles back in 2000.
There's a photo around the internet which originated from thecure.com of him and Robert backstage.