WISH VS THE HEAD ON THE DOOR

Started by carnagevisors, May 23, 2006, 04:18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these 2 albuns you consider to be most pop?

WISH
11 (39.3%)
THE HEAD ON THE DOOR
17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

carnagevisors

Which of these 2 albuns you consider to be most pop?

japanesebaby

Quote from: carnagevisorsWhich of these 2 albuns you consider to be most pop?

hmm, i wonder if this is a trick question?
i mean does it mean that "pop is bad"...?   ;-) :wink:

marika
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

carnagevisors

No, of course not. It's not important either which of them has best pop songs. I'm only interested in which of those people consider to be in overall more pop.

Tristan Berlin

I think it's WISH. There is so much "summer" on that record.  :smt020

And in my opinion it was the best Cure-Period. Wish rocks (and pop's)  :D

supel

I can't voted... don't know which.

splitmilk34

"Head on the Door" is a far better pop album then "Wish".  Both albums are great, as far as I'm concerned, but Wish can even begin to touch Inbetween Days, The Blood, Six Different Ways, Baby Screams or Close to Me.  Not to mention Push!!!  C'mon... and once and for all, Friday I'm In Love is an embarassing (if not entertaining) piece of Cure history.
"... sleeping less every night"

japanesebaby

Quote from: splitmilk34Not to mention Push!!!

agreed! 8) 'push' is great!  

Quote from: splitmilk34C'mon... and once and for all, Friday I'm In Love is an embarassing (if not entertaining) piece of Cure history.

hey, definitely disagreed! that's not embarrassing!!   ;-)
if we look for an embarrassing moment of cure history then i'd say the incident where the bodyguard of the band beat up the fan (somewhere in the states, was it is 1996? anyway) so badly that he caused him some pretty severe facial damage that craved for serious operations - that was embarrassing... :?

or maybe more music-related: the video for 'lovesong' is pretty
embarrassing  :oops:

'friday' is 8)

;-)  :wink:

about the topic: still don't know which way to vote...  :roll:

(why do all the quotes appear like that these days? or is it just my browser?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

smitha

dear carnagevisors:
i do consider wish the most pop.  :-D  (you already know my reasons)

egon_beeblebrox

HOTD is MUCH better than WISH, if you ask me. It's a perfect pop album as far as I'm concerned. Every song on it's a keeper. There are a few on WISH I'm not too fond of...
"A Hand in my Mouth. A Life Spills into the Flowers."

carnagevisors

The question is not which is better. Like you I consider the head on the door a perfect pop album. Wish is great too but it can never be considered in overall a pop album.
The question is simply which of these two albuns you consider in overall more pop.

splitmilk34

Quote from: carnagevisorsThe question is not which is better. Like you I consider the head on the door a perfect pop album. Wish is great too but it can never be considered in overall a pop album.
The question is simply which of these two albuns you consider in overall more pop.

I see... I still consider THOTD to be a more "pop" album.  For it's time the songs on the album were far more populous than those on Wish during it's musical landscape.

lostflower4

Quote from: splitmilk34C'mon... and once and for all, Friday I'm In Love is an embarassing (if not entertaining) piece of Cure history.

This "embarrassing piece of Cure history" is what caught my attention and made me buy Wish, thus fueling my interest band. Had it not been for that extreme surge in mainstream popularity they had that year, I'm convinced I might not have ever discovered them...

I think it's a great song, by the way. It's got to be one of the catchiest tunes ever written!

-The Embarrassing Fan :oops:

:lol:

splitmilk34

Quote from: lostflower4

This "embarrassing piece of Cure history" is what caught my attention and made me buy Wish, thus fueling my interest band. Had it not been for that extreme surge in mainstream popularity they had that year, I'm convinced I might not have ever discovered them...

I think it's a great song, by the way. It's got to be one of the catchiest tunes ever written!

-The Embarrassing Fan :oops:

It is a great song, I agree.  I just always laugh when I hear it, mainly because so many people have this vision of who the Cure are because of this song - which makes me cringe because Friday I'm In Love isn't an accurate representation of the band's musical identity.  Sorry for babbling!  (and my 1st favorite Cure song was A Letter to Elise off of Wish, thanks in part to the popularity of that year).

:lol:

Tof

For me the most POP album is
The head on the door !!!
Tof

Joe