Previous topic - Next topic

BiscuityBoyle

The most distinct-sounding bass player of the New Wave era

SueC

Something from Australia...

Pity some people can't spell... :evil:
SueC is time travelling

chemicaloverload

Stole this off @dsanchez :D I know I'm late to the Waterboys party @Ulrich and @SueC, but better late than never right?

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

Quote from: SueC on April 03, 2020, 13:06:32Something from Australia...

One of the world's finest bands.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on April 03, 2020, 23:53:09
Quote from: SueC on April 03, 2020, 13:06:32Something from Australia...

One of the world's finest bands.

OMG!  You actually liked something I selected!  :winking_tongue

Brett sends you this:

Also from Os-traya.  :)

Hullo @chemicaloverload, nice to "see" you!  How're you doing?  Haha, let's make it into a Scottish music party...

And just to finish with something that will strip the paint off the walls... :heart-eyes

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Another Australian band I used to like back in the day:

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

One of my The Church's favorite songs:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

I'm fine Sue, how are you all doing? I loved the Gaelic song you posted, twas beautiful. My name is Gaelic.

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

SueC

You lucky thing, having a Gaelic name.  Mine is Hebrew and means - wait for it - "white lily" bwahahahahaha!  :lol:  Could have been worse, I suppose.  I once taught a 13-year-old girl who was seriously named "Bambi" and when I eventually asked her if there was a story behind her name, she said, "Yes.  My parents are stupid."  :rofl

Holding up OK at this place, hope you're holding up OK up in Scotland.

Re the Gaelic song, Karen Matheson's voice is so beautiful it leaves me breathless.  My all-time favourite singing voice...  I've seen Capercaillie live in our little town twice now and they are all-round excellent... I even had an accidental chat with Karen Matheson when I bumped into her in the arts centre toilets, of all places, during interval, imagine that, meeting one of your all-time favourite singers in the toilet... thank goodness I'm a grown-up and have composure and a good-manners autopilot...

Here's another wonderful song she sings...

You guys in Scotland are like a musical hotspot.  Do you think that's in part because the climate forces you to spend so much time indoors?  (As well as that people were always trying to take your land away etc...)

SueC is time travelling

SueC

This is for you, @dsanchez.  I hope you're doing OK.  :cool

Love this instrumental, and it was from a really early album of theirs.  :heart-eyes

I don't have Starfish yet and really must remedy that situation...
SueC is time travelling

piggymirror

piggymirror

SueC

That one in the last post is such an amazing song...  :heart-eyes

Still makes my hair stand on end.  I don't know if there is a better song on this topic... if there is, I've not heard it...

Your Blue Room takes me back... listened to that track loads in my late 20s... above and beyond my favourite off that soundtrack.  Really works for these times too...

This one's not bad either:

Brett would like to post one of his favourite Nick Cave tracks:

SueC is time travelling

piggymirror

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)