Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the real world

Started by dsanchez, December 18, 2007, 22:15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnage Visor

I'm afraid like half of those charities are bogus...I'd donate, but I think that alot of them are scams. I for one know about one such scam from first hand experience.

I was at a Thrift Shop, one that supposedly takes donations and all the money "goes to [insert name here] charity", so we were parked behind the place, when we saw that the so-called "Charity" truck was parked alongside many other of the store's vehicles. The next time we went to the place, we saw that they had already changed the logo on the same truck.

There's just something really fishy about that...and then we found out that the place lies about the Charity thing, and that they have supposedly been doing so for years. Controversial much?

That's not to say I hesitate at all opportunities to help out the needy, I often find myself donating my spare change for no good reason other than wanting to help. But as I am only 16 and do not have a job, I don't earn any cash and therefore cannot donate any cash. And my family is struggling with money, nearly losing our house.

I always swore that if I won the lottery, I would help someone out. But until then, I don't know how much power I hold in this matter...so all I can do is sit back and watch in sadness.

scatcat

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 20, 2007, 23:28:12

That's not to say I hesitate at all opportunities to help out the needy, I often find myself donating my spare change for no good reason other than wanting to help. But as I am only 16 and do not have a job, I don't earn any cash and therefore cannot donate any cash. And my family is struggling with money, nearly losing our house.

I always swore that if I won the lottery, I would help someone out. But until then, I don't know how much power I hold in this matter...so all I can do is sit back and watch in sadness.

charity starts at home.
You cannot give financially if you can't help this way.
There was a time when I had to ask for help, when I was ill, and local charities did just that. That is why I give when I can, to return the charity to someone else.
Sometimes, just an offer of help,or to listen, or a shoulder to cry on, or a smile to lift a person's spirits can help improve someone's day.
If you hope that one day you can help others, then it will happen. :smth023
  But for now CV.. I wish you and your mom a stress-free and happy Christmas!!    :smth084
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 19, 2007, 21:40:21
Why is it whenever there's a problem in our lives, there's always someone saying "They have it worse in other countries"?

maybe because not everyone is selfish (yet)?
or because it's easy to say so and still not to care?
or because people want to say "shut up and look"?
or because it's the right thing to say?
or?

or maybe because it WILL help you to put your own problem (yes, everyone has plenty - not just you :)) into a context. a larger context. because how was it: something like "if life is a candle then we all stare so closely to the flame that we get blinded all the time, trying to see".
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine