2007.10.06 Mountain View 'Download Festival' (USA)

Started by monghi, May 29, 2007, 18:36:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

They did play Maybe Someday at the Myspace secret show, but I'm glad that song made the Download Festival set -- I'd love for more Bloodflowers songs to make the setlist. I wonder how Maybe Someday sounds without keys, though.

And I agree with Javier about the performances getting better as time goes by -- this lineup hasn't played that many shows, compared to most previous lineups, anyway. And oh, the sets....

Should be interesting!
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on October 07, 2007, 09:08:06

No worries Lara. I'm sure some kind soul will make it accessible to all. That's if it does materialise first.

Yeh , hope so! :smth023
:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

[labyrinth]

nice setlist...

let's wait for comments from the curefans!  :smth001

closedown

boring set, but that was to be expected, if they didn't almost do the same set as in australia, the postponement of the other dates would have been a laugh anyway. to me personally they could have buried Maybe Someday for ever (and bury it as deep as Wrong Number+Never Enough), but of course personal opinion... hopefully Mexico will get another new song - but let's wait what the new song sounds like, could imagine it appearing in the not too far future somehwere anywhere  :smth023

[labyrinth]

disintegration

Quote from: lovecat on October 07, 2007, 08:51:46
October 6th, 2007 - Mountain View, Ca. (Download Festival @ Shoreline Amphitheatre)
Tape (intro), Open, alt.end, A Night Like This, The Baby Screams, The End of the World, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Maybe Someday,
Kyoto Song, NEW SONG! (title unkown at this time. Olivier says "It's pretty upbeat"), The Walk, Push, How Beautiful You
Are, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss, Never Enough, Wrong Number, Signal To Noise, One
Hundred Years, Shiver and Shake, End
1st Encore: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An
Arab
2nd Encore: Play For Today, A Forest.

Show was 2 hours and 47 minutes. (from CoF)
Thank for setlist!  :smth023
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

curedtc

Sounds awesome to me, cant wait to hear new song! :rocker
Im always wanting more...

closedown

Quote from: [labyrinth] on October 07, 2007, 10:38:30
boring?
yup, boring! not totally - as luckily it seems (unless someone has forgotten to write it down) Deep Green Sea was NOT in the set, thumbs up for that! but the rest is always the same, it is so obvious what songs will follow for years now (play/forest, never/wrong, 1015/killing, only tonight/kiss), I don't know what is that difficult to at least mix up the order a bit... it is all so predictable now. all those songs from albums following each other - never liked the idea too much, to be honest... and as my fave albums are almost not featured at all in the set (or just with a single...), it seems boring to me, can't help it. 

[labyrinth]

yes,
but it would've been really weird if they changed the whole setlist right now...
it'll be changed with the tour (then with the 4tour kickoff)

in Mexico, we'll have some changes, but not in the structure !

strange_day

How was the setlist boring?...... you expecting the complete Faith album in there somewhere?
People at the Trilogy shows mustve been falling asleep then  :roll:

Good to see Maybe Someday and a new song.... cant wait to hear that  8)

[labyrinth]

it seems, the new song is called "Please Project"

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

[labyrinth]

from a review on COF:

"Wow! Got that setlist up quick. I got a picture of the setlist that the lovely girl from Boston (?) snagged. On it the new song is titled 'Please Project' (And I loved it! Sounds more like a 'Wish' track maybe than the past few albums). 'Killing an Arab' was retitled 'Killing Another' (I couldn't make out what he was singing until I saw that) and alternate 'Seventeen Seconds' encores (not played) were 'At Night' and 'M.'

'One Hundred Years' remains possibly the most perfect live song by any band. Amazing show - can't wait till Red Rocks!

- Stephen"

scatcat

Quote from: [labyrinth] on October 07, 2007, 14:20:04
from a review on COF:

"Wow! Got that setlist up quick. I got a picture of the setlist that the lovely girl from Boston (?) snagged. On it the new song is titled 'Please Project' (And I loved it! Sounds more like a 'Wish' track maybe than the past few albums). 'Killing an Arab' was retitled 'Killing Another' (I couldn't make out what he was singing until I saw that) and alternate 'Seventeen Seconds' encores (not played) were 'At Night' and 'M.'

'One Hundred Years' remains possibly the most perfect live song by any band. Amazing show - can't wait till Red Rocks!

- Stephen"

Yep,, read long time ago that the one regret Robert has is not changing the title of "Killing an Arab"
But ahh... we know what it's about, but on the surface it can be misinterpreted.. But I like it.
:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

[labyrinth]

i'm really really curious...

i can't wait to hear the new song!  :-D