"CURE MOVIE" - Who Would You Cast?

Started by Carnage Visor, September 26, 2007, 21:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnage Visor

I'm surprised this has never come up before, or that it has never been made in the first place!

We have SID AND NANCY, we have JACKSONS: AN AMERICAN DREAM, and we have that movie about the TEMPTATIONS....but no Cure movie!

In the event that they did make a movie surrounding the rise of the band we all know and love,

WHO WOULD YOU CAST TO PLAY EACH BAND MEMBER?

iwannashagsimon

Dunno about the others, but for sure Luis Figo as Simon!  (Yeah, I know Luis is a footie player, but aren't all footie players actors?  I mean look at the way they dive! Harharhar!)

Not a bad match, huh? ;)

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Carnage Visor

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2007, 23:18:18
oh please no cure movies!

Why not? Just make believe! Not real movies!

Plus, why not document this awesome band? Alot of crappy bands have gotten award winning movies about them...a little movie would be alright.

japanesebaby

seriously, i wouldn't want to see anyone playing robert, simon, porl... - not even if it was just imaginary.

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 28, 2007, 00:00:16
Plus, why not document this awesome band?

because imo all acted movies like this tend to be way too fictional, and mostly they aim to be more entertaining than anyhow informative - so they have no real documentary value anyway. there's been enough written about the cure for a lifetime to read and audios/videos to listen/watch to get one's own impression of them, to create one's very own cure world. i honestly wouldn't need or even want anyone to dream it up for me - the cure is too personal for me.

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 28, 2007, 00:00:16
Alot of crappy bands have gotten award winning movies about them...a little movie would be alright.

yes... but crappy movies - honestly, i never saw a good fictional movie about any band, be it about a good band or a crappy band.
some concert movies are ok but that's completely different of course.

just my opinion... 

Carnage Visor

Whatever...you sort of made me feel bad but it would be childish to complain...

I was just interested in hearing what actors could pull it off...because I wonder myself sometimes, I am a big movie fan.
I understand what you mean...and I am a crazy huge fan (believe me, I think about the band every moment of my life, and I base my way of life on it practically!) but for me there's no harm in having a good little "What if" discussion.

But if you think it's so stupid, then remove it from the boards. :(

dsanchez

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 28, 2007, 01:46:14

Carnage Visor, there are almost 1400 people in Curefans.com and you can't expect everyone will think the same. Also, there's absolutely no reason to remove this topic, unless you want to. Take it easy dude.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

Quote from: dsanchez on September 28, 2007, 01:50:32
Carnage Visor, there are almost 1400 people in Curefans.com and you can't expect everyone will think the same. Also, there's absolutely no reason to remove this topic, unless you want to. Take it easy dude.

Sorry, I'm very sensetive

japanesebaby

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 28, 2007, 01:46:14
Whatever...you sort of made me feel bad but it would be childish to complain...

hmm sorry but i only just made a comment in this thread according to what i think about this topic that's under conversation - i don't think i made a comment about you ok? i didn't even make a comment about whether or not i think this is a good topic to have or not - i just posted my opinion. and i just can't just post "great!" just for the sake of it, if it's not what i think right?  
and i think you really shouldn't get so feel-bad about every slightly disagreeing comment you might get here (or elsewhere) - because people have and will always have different opinions, yet it doesn't mean we were bashing each other (not to mention needed to start to delete someone's posts!). and lastly, i don't understand why you're suggesting to anyone deleting this? i never said anything like that, did i? so please don't let yourself exaggerate my (or anyone else's) words... because it's not what I said...

hey i guess i'm sorry for posting into your thread... but well some other time i saw you saying how sorry you were because people were not posting in your threads, so... very hard to please you then, i guess.  :?

Cure Freak

CV, we are all here to state are opinions.  Whether they be good or bad.  Just respect other opinions as they would respect yours.

And back on topic. I can't see a movie about The Cure being made. No one can be The Cure but the Cure.

ROGUE

:smth011  NO SORRY,      IN MY RELIGION   THIS  IS A   SIN  !!!!

MAYBE IN A HUNDRED YEARS- NO  OLD  UGLY  ACTORS  DOING  'SIMON  OR   ROBERT'  -  IS NOTHING SACRED !!!!!

AHHH THE HORROR

(my emotions on the matter, no offense anyone)- COME-ON  ~  YOUR TOPICS ROCK  CARNAGE V- SO NOT PERSONAL- just my opinion,
As for my topics- see you dont even see them, thats cool, everyone has their own taste, etc.

I just cant wait to see their new DVD's and also back stage clips. And love the mystery, behind Roberts eyes and persona.  I  dont want a movie to analyse the purity of the music and members.
I dont think anyone can do the job- or express Robert better than ROBERT can, know what i mean, (or band members, etc even managers, the roadies)etc
Anything else isnt real, their music speaks for itself, is what i think.     Maybe after they and we are all dead.....?

ROGUE

Luis Figo as Simon ~  SIMON IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING !!!!!!
IS IT JUST ME OR ARE THE ORIGINALS MUCH BETTER LOOKING !! ETC.,

THE CURE  ~   ARE STILL ROCKING !!!!!  and the story isnt even complete yet. :smth023

But non the less an interesting and thought provoking thred -
Think of it like art -This Thred, doing its job - To provoke thought.

p.s. sorry posting twice, i had a pic, but removed it-  ENJOY   :smth020

edit ~   Love 2 everyone,  and happy we are all different

Siouxsie_

Hmmmm... I can't say that I've ever given it much thought. I can't even think of anyone who would be able to do the boys justice, although Robert did bear a slight resemblance to Ben Affleck circa Seventeen Seconds. :-/

Carnage Visor

I'm easy to please, I'm just very sensetive and I misunderstood you, okay? No arguments.
I'm full of paradoxes, I have a mental disorder and I really can't be held accountable for things I've said in the past, I'm always changing...

I'm not angry because nobody posts, I just feel lonely. I have lots of problems. But that's beside the point.

Thank you for clearing things up. :)

Yeah, I was thinking about the Ben Affleck-looking Robert as well, but Ben is far too old now to play young Robert, maybe Ben in the early 90s or so...

Printheth

Well I reckon a good Robert would be ...well dunno his name but he is the actor in Nightie Night who eats the rabbits and is the blondie chickee's pal (father of toffee apple love child) and has a nasty tick reminiscent of Turette's (can't remember the correct spelling) Syndrome.
Simon would be Madge from Neighbours...for strength and substance
Porl would be Johnny Depp...cause all lead guitarists are pretty boys
and Jasey would be Chevy Chase for a little old fashioned comedic appeal.....
SO DO WE HAVE A MOVIE YET GUYS?

I SAY LET ME DO THE COOKING SHOW SET STARING ROBERT MAKING LAMINGTONS.....

I STILL LOVE EASTER BABY,
Printheth xxxxx
:rocker

make mine a pack of winnie blues and a Crack up the shitter