2007.10.20 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, July 31, 2007, 23:20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

j

scatcat

I can't find it specifically yet, just link to your site only .. I'll give it a tad longer? or do i have incorrect info??

thanks jeff!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

CharcoalFace

Hi to everybody, as you can see im a new member of this forum...

Now,i juyst wanted to say tha i got the reply from some guy who has the 3 nights on video and MD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmAAXiUHwl8

But basically, he's asking for $3,000 pesos each video(something like 250 dollars)...

Also, he has video of the 3 nights at the same venue from 2004, im just guessing if this guy is the same who has unreleased masters of those 3 nights?¿

Of course i will not pay that ammount of money for a copy of these videos, in fact, ive never payed a cent for any of my 400 bootlegs... anyways mzybe we can make a donation fund so we can buy these vids and then upload them at DIME?¿

Just an idea... but i hope to have these 6 videos (3 from 2004)someday...

dsanchez

Quote from: CharcoalFace on November 03, 2007, 23:33:30
But basically, he's asking for $3,000 pesos each video(something like 250 dollars)...

In no way we can support buying bootlegs, etc. This can guy can f*ck off!  :smth070

anyways mzybe we can make a donation fund so we can buy these vids and then upload them at DIME?¿

No way, nothing. We can't support arseholes like that. Not even think on this!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

CharcoalFace

Nice to hear that
:) thats exactly what i told him, ive never EVER spend a single cent on recordings...

I forgot to mention the saddest thing about this, he told me that he has "another" (other than his)version of the 20 oct gig, and he gladly will sellit to me for $100 pesos (10 dollars aprox)which is kind of sad because i bet my left thumb that this recording is J's :( 

Also, is funny that he says something like "i'm selling these vids at that price because once i have sold them, theyr'e going to be pirated over and over again"

But, apparently is ok for him to download somebody else's recording and sell it... anyways, he's just trying to make some bucks out of his recordings, and other's recordings as well.. i feel sorry about this shit...

dsanchez

Funny thing is that he says that videos are not being sold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5SEpxh_4U

"No los vendo ni los cambio, si quieres màs informaciòn mandame un mail salu2"

"I don't sell them, I don't exchange them, if you want more info send me an email"

Would be good if you post the message he sent you (including headers) so that everyone can know what kind of ass he is  :evil:. I think is time for the Curefans.com police to take actions agains this :smth068
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

CharcoalFace

Well, heres the screenshot of the email he sent to me..

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8711/mailxp5.jpg

Hope my email wont get infested with spam...  :)

japanesebaby

:shock:  :smth011  outrageous !!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I emailed the guy yesterday.  No surprise he hasn't responded :smth011

dsanchez

Here's the (translated) letter CharcoalFace got from this thief:

---

Hello how are you,

Look, I have all the three shows COMPLETED, but at the moment I won't pass them, I will wait for a reasonable offer, I don't ask less than 3000 mexican pesos for each one (280US$), because after all everyone will have copy of them and all the effort I did hiding a video camera (that is not that little) and being watching the security guards and controling the minidisc for more than 3 hours will worth just 1US$.

I've had bad experiences and it's not worth the effort that one makes so that others just copy and copy.

The videos are complete from start to end.

You can watch my videos in youtube under the nickname Luigi2008

But don't worry, probably soon someone will release bad recorded video for nor more than  one hour lenght and worth 200 cheap pesos (18US$) and in the end 10 pesos (1US$).

My audio recording in minidisc are absolutely perfect, clean, magnificent quality , and for each one I ask not less than 600 pesos (55US$). There are tree discs, with outstanding quality and has nothing to envy an european recording.

I also have TOTALLY available the 2004 shows both in audio and video, and also the 1992 gig in Monterrey.

I already have an available audio for 20 october, you can buy it for just 100 pesos (10US$), they are 3 cd's.

Regards and hope for your understanding

Luis

----

What a thief! :smth011
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

pablovi

Quote from: CharcoalFace on November 04, 2007, 00:20:03
Nice to hear that
:) thats exactly what i told him, ive never EVER spend a single cent on recordings...

I forgot to mention the saddest thing about this, he told me that he has "another" (other than his)version of the 20 oct gig, and he gladly will sellit to me for $100 pesos (10 dollars aprox)which is kind of sad because i bet my left thumb that this recording is J's :( 

Also, is funny that he says something like "i'm selling these vids at that price because once i have sold them, theyr'e going to be pirated over and over again"

But, apparently is ok for him to download somebody else's recording and sell it... anyways, he's just trying to make some bucks out of his recordings, and other's recordings as well.. i feel sorry about this shit...

Hi, I'm new here too, his name is Luis Peñaflor, he records most of the concerts in Mexico city, both audio and video and he sells them, apparently some people buy them, because he's been doing it for a while now, he has a vending post on El Chopo, a flea market specialized in hard to find music and bootlegs in Mexico city. He sold the REM DVD to an REM fan message board in Mexico about 2 or 3 years ago, that's how I know him, and he tried to sell the DVD and audio recording of U2 to a U2 fan forum, but they didn't do it. I bought the U2 DVD on ebay at $25 USD and distribuited it for free on that forum. He's not really a fan, that's his bussiness.  I won't spend that much on a bootleg, but I have bought some bootlegs in the past, I've been collecting them since I was about 12, and the internet didn't even existed then, the only way to get some bootlegs was to buy them, I even bought some in Florence Italy.

I understand that you don't supoport the buying of bootlegs, but for some of us that's the only way to get some material. Off course asking $3000 pesos for one is insane!

dsanchez

Quote from: pablovi on November 05, 2007, 06:24:39
I understand that you don't supoport the buying of bootlegs, but for some of us that's the only way to get some material.

Maybe that WAS the only way you had for getting material. Since you're in Curefans.com you will realize that you won't need to pay anything for any Cure bootleg anymore :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: pablovi on November 05, 2007, 06:24:39
I've been collecting them since I was about 12, and the internet didn't even existed then, the only way to get some bootlegs was to buy them,

That's true. I also bought some bootlegs in the past. Here in Peru we have this places called the "holes" (huecos) where you could find rare music. I remember in the beginning of the 90's I bring my tape, they record the show there and charged me a fee. But that was in the 90's. Now the Internet makes possible to share this kind of hard-to-find shows for free, without needing to pay money to people who obviously does not give a shit about the artist like this Luis :evil:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

boneheadhaggar

I hope no-one gives this guy what he is asking, what a rip-off, long may places like this and dime continue, free sharing, that is the way it should be done :rocker
its nice to be nice

iwannashagsimon

My curiosity got the best of me, so I checked out that guy's videos over at Youtube.  I can honestly say I have Cure concerts I paid $25(USD)for that look tons better than for what he's charging $250(USD)!