mac users - help topic

Started by japanesebaby, September 30, 2005, 16:25:38

Previous topic - Next topic

psychophysio

Thanks for the link - I will try it out.
I am using an Intel mac, some big thing with a 24" screen. I have manged to get a version of Tomato torrent working but might try Azureus as well as I have used it before and Tomato opens new windows for each torrent. All a bit weird really.

Thanks for your help
Mike

japanesebaby

did it get solved out?

Quote from: psychophysio on June 25, 2009, 11:35:24
I am using an Intel mac, some big thing with a 24" screen.

oh i see. actually the version of azureus i linked you to is the one i run in my ibook, i've never ran it in my intel mac so i can't say how it works. sorry that if i was giving you a misleading link there, i somehow really thought you were on ibook/powerbook there.

i'm still a bit puzzled why azureus didn't work properly for you. did you get any error messages or anything? or it got installed ok but then just didn't launch at all? or it instantly crashes upon launch?
if i were you i'd try a couple of older version, just to see if the results are the same.  

Quote from: psychophysio on June 25, 2009, 11:35:24I have manged to get a version of Tomato torrent working but might try Azureus as well as I have used it before and Tomato opens new windows for each torrent. All a bit weird really.

yeah, tomato torrent is probably the simplest one to use, the less likely to have any problems too, at least in my experience. but it's a very basic client and i always found it a bit too simple after getting used to some features that azureus provides. the interface is a bit different than on most other clients, like you said, but once one gets used to it it's a reliable little client though.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

psychophysio

Not really working out with Azureus. I have Dl the .dmg file, which then mounts on the computer. I click on it and a frog shortcut appears on the desktop. Then if I click on that it opens the box with another frog and 2 txt files.

If I try to open a .torrent file with azureus the frog shows up briefly in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and then goes away (less than a second). I'm not sure if I am installing it right or what is going on to be honest?

How do you install things on a mac?
Any help appreciated
mike