New Album Name!!!

Started by pussycat, August 22, 2008, 03:19:22

Previous topic - Next topic

patitodark

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 23, 2008, 07:56:32
I'm going with my interpretation that 4.13 is the time RS woke up [probably in the afternoon LOL] from having a really strange dream either before starting the album, whem making it or just about it.

I think the same and reminds me of The Head on the door era...
After all, Sleep when I´m dead is from those years, right?

Padme

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 23, 2008, 19:10:52
Quote from: Padme on August 23, 2008, 18:22:52
Yeah, Robin seems to have a habit of changing his mind.

robin who?  :)

Robert's nickname... I'm sorry to confuse you, I won't refer him as that.  Look in the Wish tourbook, I believe.

nausearockpig

Quote from: patitodark on August 23, 2008, 21:20:41I think the same and reminds me of The Head on the door era...
I think that I read that it was The Only One that was from previous sessions.. ha ha Freakshow kind of reminds me of Close To Me... imagine Close To Me written without any keyboards.... oh and a mad wah wah as the main guitar part...

Hero

I think that the name isn't great but i'm so excited about the new album that i don't care about it!
It could be out in 50 days if there are no more delays! :-D

Padme

Yes, the title of the album doesn't matter, it's the music that does.  I'm sure we'll all get use to 4.13 (as the title) but for some reason when I see it, I keep thinking of the song title "Six Different Ways?"  "13 Different Ways..."

nausearockpig

Gee I wonder if it's gonna have 13 songs on it??

[labyrinth]

Robert corrected it to "4:13 Dream"

it's a little bit more meaningful.
i prefer it to 4.13....

Padme

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 25, 2008, 08:58:20
Gee I wonder if it's gonna have 13 songs on it??

Haha!  It probably will, huh?  :D

nausearockpig

4 guys, 13th studio album or 4 guys, 13 songs.???

~*CherryRed*~

I was all geared up for it being called 4:13! The added Dream bit seems a tad odd to me, but then thats The Cure. Whatever it is and what ever the LP contains, I'll buy it, and most likely I'll hate everything on it - until I have listened to it over and over again, and the music becomes ingrained into my very being. I really thought this album would have a more 'techno-y' sound to it. But so far the singles aren't really leaning to that kinda thing, but then they are mixes, (am I worng or am I wrong???!!) and the LP versions may be more techno-y. I think I got this idea about the techno sound from the tour, before the band came on there was this music played that had a techno-y feel to it, and I just kinda assumed that this was the new sound for the LP... time will tell if I'm a complete idiot or not!!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

revolt

Actually, "4:13 Dream" doesn't sound bad at all to me... Even though it would probably make more sense as song-title than as an album-title.

Anyway, the "4:13" part immediately gets me thinking of "10:15", which is good and bad at the same time. "10.15" is certainly one of The Cure's classics but to have it as a standard could prove to be too much for the new material... Because so far, none of the new songs has convinced me that The Cure "still have it".

revolt

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 23, 2008, 19:10:52
Quote from: Padme on August 23, 2008, 18:22:52
Yeah, Robin seems to have a habit of changing his mind.

robin who?  :)

Robin Smithood? Steals from the good-hearing to give to the deaf... At least, it seems to be what he's doing now.  :-D

revolt

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 24, 2008, 07:25:08
Quote from: patitodark on August 23, 2008, 21:20:41I think the same and reminds me of The Head on the door era...
I think that I read that it was The Only One that was from previous sessions.. ha ha Freakshow kind of reminds me of Close To Me... imagine Close To Me written without any keyboards.... oh and a mad wah wah as the main guitar part...

Well, "Sleep When I'm Dead" has definitely been referred to as being a lost song from the "Head on the Door" sessions... Don't know about "The Only One", though.

Lady

Quote from: revolt on September 01, 2008, 11:27:03
Robin Smithood? Steals from the good-hearing to give to the deaf... At least, it seems to what he's doing now.  :-D
ahahahahah!!!!! :-D :smth043 :smth044 :smth005 :smth023
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

KingOfSomeIsland

The title should've been 4:13 Sunday Morning.