Hello fellow Curefans

Started by helloimageifonly, January 22, 2018, 16:36:55

Previous topic - Next topic

helloimageifonly

For some time I have been reading this wonderful! website on and off and it's a joy to read and learn more about The Cure and the fan stuff altogether.
I live in Belgium and it is only quite recently that The Cure entered my life and keeps overwhelming me ever since :)
Early 2017.. (I know  :roll:) when I was wandering about again on YouTube I got this EPIC! version of 'A Forest' https://youtu.be/hnVldyHRcjU in my suggestion board and kept replaying this song again and again and again...and that was the beginning of me diving into the tremendous repertoire of this wonderful band. I knew the well known singles of the band before but for some unknown reason never got into the band before that night early 2017.
Since then I've been delving into the music and lyrics and have come to know writers and poets and beautiful words and so on... :) It is -still- an inspirational trip!
The Cure gives me comfort, joy and excitement and has been inspiring on so many levels.
I am grateful.

And now I have a ticket for their birthdayparty!

dsanchez

@helloimageifonly welcome to curefans.com! We're glad to have you have you here :)

That version of "A Forest" is in my humble opinion THE definitive version. There was nothing like that ever since. The Wish Tour was a very memorable tour and the best live sounding The Cure that I remember.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Hello mate!! Nice to meet u, I'm Pearlee!! :)

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on January 22, 2018, 20:19:43
@helloimageifonly welcome to curefans.com! We're glad to have you have you here :)

That version of "A Forest" is in my humble opinion THE definitive version. There was nothing like that ever since. The Wish Tour was a very memorable tour and the best live sounding The Cure that I remember.

Thank you! I am glad to be here!
You know when I found that version, I sent it to some friends the same night and they thought it was 'a litte too long' or 'good' while just I hear build-ups and climaxes and feeling and it almost literally lifts me up! So that was the reason I searched a fansite :)

Did you go to a concert of the Wish Tour? On YouTube there is some great!!! footage of this tour. Indeed they sound perfect!

helloimageifonly

Ulrich

Hello image, sing me a line from your favourite .... hang on, that was something different.  ;)

Hello & welcome!

That is my fave version of A Forest, too! (Even with additional lyrics!)  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

helloimageifonly

Quote from: Ulrich on January 23, 2018, 14:19:22
Hello image, sing me a line from your favourite .... hang on, that was something different.  ;)

Hello & welcome!

That is my fave version of A Forest, too! (Even with additional lyrics!)  :smth023

Thank you!

..a line from your favorite song..yes  :smth020 love that song as well!

and I think that the additional lyrics add up to the perfection of this version :)

MeltingMan

Quote from: helloimageifonly on January 22, 2018, 16:36:55

Have you received it yet?  :o
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

helloimageifonly

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 24, 2018, 11:19:49
Quote from: helloimageifonly on January 22, 2018, 16:36:55

Have you received it yet?  :o

No but in the e-mail I got after paying it says that the ticket will be sent later.
'Will be sent no later than 3 days prior to the event'..
This is my first overseas show but I am guessing everything will work out fine. Have the Eurostar booked, a place to sleep and order confirmation for the ticket. YAY  :lol: