2008.05.21 Morrison - Red Rocks Amphitheatre (USA) *Sold Out*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Soundcheck

New Song (probably Underneath The Stars), Maybe Someday, The Blood, unknown instrumental(s), In Between Days (short instrumental), New Song (Most likely Baby Rag Dog Book) (thanks crowbi_wan!)

Setlist

Underneath the Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Maybe Someday, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, The Blood, The Walk, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book

E1: Plainsong, Disintegration
E2: Freakshow, Close to me, Why Can't I Be You?
E3: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing an arab

Thanks to COF for the setlist and to crowbi_wan for the corrections!

Venue details

Capacity: 9,450

Venue webcam (thanks j!)
http://redrocksonline.com/pages/media/webcam.html

The Cure scheduled for 20.30 (UTC -6)

Setlist is confirmed by crowbi_wan
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

http://www.livenation.com/artist/getArtist/artistId/8674/

Tuesday, 10/2/07 The Cure with 65daysofstatic Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO On Sale Sat, 6/30 at 10:00 am MDT

dsanchez

So far, the nicest venue of the north-american tour. Awesome place.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on July 03, 2007, 16:02:48
So far, the nicest venue of the north-american tour. Awesome place.
It's the same place of the amazing U2's concert "Under A Blood Red Sky"... :roll: :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

crowbi_wan

Red Rocks is one place I've always wanted to see a concert.  Being that I'm off work the day of The Cure's concert I've decided to make the trip and see a 6th concert this fall.  This one is going to be pretty sweet  :rocker   

j

C'mon Brian!  Only 2 more shows to catch up to me!  :rocker

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on July 24, 2007, 18:28:02
C'mon Brian!  Only 2 more shows to catch up to me!  :rocker

I'll catch you in the in 2008  8)

j

[labyrinth]

Quote from: Lady on July 03, 2007, 17:20:42
It's the same place of the amazing U2's concert "Under A Blood Red Sky"... :roll: :smth049

yes it is  :-D

rattoon

I've been following some of the threads for the European shows and the setlists seem very long...

I've never seen them before and would love for them to play a 3 hr plus set.  Asinine local noise restrictions (especially at outdoor venues, like Red Rocks) cause a lot of bands to go offstage after 11 in the U.S. 

Are the boys gonna be cutting the setlists short in the US portion of the tour?

crowbi_wan

It's hard to tell what will happen in the U.S.  I'm trying to remain optimistic about things and would like to believe that we'll get three hour shows every night.  Just not sure that will be possible with noise restrictions and curfews, though.  However, The Cure have never been ones to shy away from breaking these rules and paying a fine.  Something to note is the Download Festival from last October where they were given 2 1/2 hours I believe.  Well, they went over that, playing the same basic set they've been doing in Europe.  The main difference was 2 encores instead of three.       

budvarka

Wooow, just saw the pictures of the venue, AWESOME. Is there anything really around who would bother if they played even over midnight? By the look of it, looks like its in the middle of desert!
Prague - 3.8. 1990
Brno - 23.8. 1998
Prague - 12.4. 2000
Prague - 21.2. 2008

crowbi_wan

Quote from: budvarka on March 03, 2008, 08:25:51
Wooow, just saw the pictures of the venue, AWESOME. Is there anything really around who would bother if they played even over midnight? By the look of it, looks like its in the middle of desert!

Desert?   :shock:  Nope, it's in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.  But yes, it's definitely a remote location.  Not sure why there would be a curfew there  :?

rodney

I don't see the sets going much over 3 hours in the States, but I do think we'll get our three hour sets.  At least for the shows I'm attending I'm invisioning things this way.

7-7:30pm 65dos
7:30-8pm-intermission
8-11pm-The Cure

rattoon

It's actually right in the foothills of the rockies, kind of near Golden and the suburbs of western Denver.  They usually end concerts there around 11 (A Perfect Circle had to end exactly at eleven ala curfew), but I've seen some DJs spin until 1 am as well.  Not really sure what the exact rules are.  Just hoping that The Cure come on around 830 to ensure a meaty set.