Uncyclopedia.org - wiki - The Cure

Started by Tof, October 24, 2007, 02:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

robiola

"In 1989, Smith realised that his best friend and co-founder of the band, Lawrence "Lol" Tolhurst, had been dead for eleven years. He had fallen against the keyboard when he died and his corpse was playing the same note over and over again. Robert only noticed when his gentle decomposition caused him to switch from C to C#. "

"I would like to formally apologize to everyone, Iam simply an arse-hole and artistically jealous of Robert Smith, seeing as that i am suffering pattern boldness am also extremely jealous of his hair. :P "
Oh, come on.... It's funny. Besides...only the truly great can inspire this sort of painstakingly elaborate (fake?) bashing!!

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on November 10, 2007, 22:10:31

"I would like to formally apologize to everyone, Iam simply an arse-hole and artistically jealous of Robert Smith, seeing as that i am suffering pattern boldness am also extremely jealous of his hair. :P "

!! Creative license to edit must be credited to Rogue for that last bit, about the balding jealousy!!  :smth023
  :-D  hahaha
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

But there's a difference between parody and bashing. Calling The Cure awful and saying that the music they play is bad and repetetive is not parody... as it's not something that everyone can see, it's more of a personal disliking. You can bash and throw stones at a number of bands, but there's a fine line between a playful spoof and plain dislike.

Parody is when you point out something such as Robert's hair, and make a joke about that, maybe even exaggerate the size of it by making it taller...stuff like that. Or perhaps you exaggerate the Cure's style of music by making it really gloomy...play on common stereotypes attributed to the group. That is what I think is a good parody.

But simply saying that the band sucks is not my idea of humor. "Robert is fat"...oh hahaha, the man gained some weight. That's not funny.

Fine, I might be a lousy fan with no sense of humor, but then again I found the other Cure parodies funny, such as the Mary Whitehouse ones that Robert is in as himself...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on October 25, 2007, 21:20:23
THEN AGAIN, I THINK THE WHOLE IDEA OF UNCYCLOPEDIA IS LOUSY BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONTROL, SO THE 99% OF IT IS JUST RETARDED!

:smth011

it's bound to be nothing but retarded, certainly. and that's why i personally wouldn't even pay much attention to the whole thing - life's too short anyway.
it's just that all those retarded people out there obviously need something to do on their (retarded) spare time, so that kind of explains it... most of the whole internet is retarded beyond all hope, thanks to the massive amounts of general retardation in this retarded world. oh the bliss of all these manifestations of individuality and the freedom of (retarded) speech! god bless the web (yet i suppose he'd have to be somewhat retarded to ever do that...?)... anyway: hallelujah!

(why is it that i feel retarded today... damn.... :x :P)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 18, 2007, 09:51:10
it's bound to be nothing but retarded, certainly. and that's why i personally wouldn't even pay much attention to the whole thing - life's too short anyway.
it's just that all those retarded people out there obviously need something to do on their (retarded) spare time, so that kind of explains it... most of the whole internet is retarded beyond all hope, thanks to the massive amounts of general retardation in this retarded world. oh the bliss of all these manifestations of individuality and the freedom of (retarded) speech! god bless the web (yet i suppose he'd have to be somewhat retarded to ever do that...?)... anyway: hallelujah!

congratulations japanesebaby!! i think world record on the use of the word 'retarded' in a particular paragraph or phrase!!  :-D

I agree.. the internet is not to be taken seriously...  :rocker

:smth080 :smth030 :smth006 :smth005 :smth004 ;D ???
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

I really don't appreciate this...it doesn't make me smile! :?
There are different ways to be "ironic": this one is what I define "stupid irony", because it doesn't come from sense of humor...they're people that just spits poison, without any knowledge about the argoument...I find it offensive, too... :smth011
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on November 18, 2007, 11:45:53
Quote from: japanesebaby on November 18, 2007, 09:51:10

congratulations japanesebaby!! i think world record on the use of the word 'retarded' in a particular paragraph or phrase!!  :-D

I agree.. the internet is not to be taken seriously...  :rocker

:smth080 :smth030 :smth006 :smth005 :smth004 ;D ???

thanks! i really think i could have used it a few more times, if i really tried... but i guess i was feeling too retarded!  :-D

and yeah, my point was: we could easily even put together a whole list of all these retarded cure sites/retarded forums out there - but for what? i'd find it sort of more useful to spend one's time on checking out all the "non-retarded" sites instead. 
and is that site funny or not funny? i guess it depends on the reader, as we've seen here - but i think even if it was found to be funny, it's still retarded anyway. so...

scatcat

Lady... I think i know what you were referring to ... the use of the word 'retarded'? It is not used in my particular vocabulary or references.

I am  sure that japanesebaby really meant it not a derogatory, or belittlering way.  :!:  
I was simply agreeing with the fact that the internet is not to be taken seriously.. no offense in this.
sorry if it came across in offensive manner to you.

cheers, scatcat  :smth020

`EDIT~ I completetly understand differences in language/barriers/translation, that may be acceptable in some countries, yet, unacceptable, in others, righteously. I did take this into consideration.

Quote from: Lady on November 18, 2007, 11:54:06
I really don't appreciate this...it doesn't make me smile! :?
There are different ways to be "ironic": this one is what I define "stupid irony", because it doesn't come from sense of humor...they're people that just spits poison, without any knowledge about the argoument...I find it offensive, too... :smth011

would Lady like to clear up what she was referring to? was it about the unencyclopedia? thanks in advance for your answer.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on November 18, 2007, 13:01:45
Lady... I think i know what you were referring to ... the use of the word 'retarded'?
I'm confused... was Lady actually objecting to Japanesebaby's post or was she just saying how she reacted to the Uncyclopedia entry?

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on November 18, 2007, 13:01:45
Lady... I think i know what you were referring to ... the use of the word 'retarded'?

huh... i didn't even react at all because at least i thought Lady was indeed making a comment about the uncyclopedia itself, not about my post... not sure which one though now(?).
and if it really needs to be said, of course i wasn't commenting anyone's post/opinion here as being retarded. i was just commenting sites like this uncyclopedia here - which are pretty retarded. because people who can have so much time to put into something like that site: i just can't hlep it that it makes me wonder "why don't these people use all that time on something at least slightly more... let's say: 'reasonable' instead"? because well, in that way maybe we would also have something slightly more "reasonable" to discuss.
that was all i meant.

Lady

@Scatcat: I still hadn't seen your post when I wrote my message...it wasn't based on what you said or japanesebaby said, but just on the text in the link ;)

I hope now everything can be clear! :smth001
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

scatcat

thanks for that...  :smth089
I was out of my mind, Your response seemed very strong, and I probably thought too much about it.. I apologise for the misunderstanding !
I'm sorry for those concerned..
Just got ur PM .. thanks for that.

I must try not to take things too literally! Or psychotically for that matter!  :oops:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Carnage Visor

KingOfSomeIsland

I just plain hate Uncyclopedia, they try so hard to be stupid funny but theyre just stupid. The new article is complete garbage (although the old one was slightly better, i did giggle at:"Happy people... are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and we are the cure")

If you want a good Wikipedia parody then go to http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/ as they actually have some real quality control there.