Is there a definitive list anywhere of all worthwhile Join The Dots omissions?

Started by Ryan, July 03, 2016, 05:43:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

I'm going to post this here and at another forum I frequent because I'm really interested in compiling all this now:

Is there a definitive listing anywhere of all the significant omissions from Join The Dots? I mean things like High (Higher Mix), A Letter To Elise (Blue Mix), A Letter To Elise (Extended Mix), Mint Car (Buskers Mix) and so on?

I ask because I didn't think they were that important or that I hadn't been missing out on much, but after listening to High (Higher Mix) and the extended version of Elise recently, I was gobsmacked! The only one I've had for a long time and bothered with (albeit a vinyl rip) is the extended version Just One Kiss as it's my all time favourite Cure song. On that note of JOK, I only just recently realised that the edit on Japanese Whispers has a different intro to the version on The Walk mini-EP. I haven't heard the latter and want to!

Apart from that, I feel like I've been missing out.

So yeah, is there a list anywhere of all the definitive missing things from Join The Dots, going from oldest to the most recent?

Cheers guys!
Remember the time that the sky went black
We waited alone on the sands
Remember the taste of the raging sea
But nobody held out their hands

Ryan

Some list Fabien mentions in this thread would be really helpful if it could be found. I also had no idea that The Exploding Boy and World War were remixed on Join The Dots, similar to what Robert did with Bananafishbones:

http://curefans.com/albums-and-songs/whats-missing-on-join-the-dots/

Quote from: Fabien G on February 04, 2016, 16:33:06
shake dog shake, the exploding boy, and world war, not only remastered but remixed? Can you explain me what you heard that is so different?

also, just one kiss has a different intro between the version of JW and the walk or The Upstairs room?

i had a complete list somewhere but i can't find it back. A lot of things missing here. some stuff are only in-house mix and completely unheard and unfindable....
Remember the time that the sky went black
We waited alone on the sands
Remember the taste of the raging sea
But nobody held out their hands