The Cure announce re-scheduled 2008 north american 4tour shows

Started by ROGUE, September 13, 2007, 16:07:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

:rocker
My first thred, tour dates are posted on Thecure.com site.
So happy for you all :D

before i wrote this i checked, if someone else has posted the news please delete me :smth023

2008 NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR SHOWS
9/13/2007 6:32:33 AM - by CURE:ROBERT
THIS SHOULD BE UP ALREADY AS THE MAIN NEWS ITEM... BUT NO-ONE IS THERE... AND I HAVE BEEN DENIED...

SO HERE IT IS!

13TH SEPTEMBER 2007
THE CURE ANNOUNCE RE-SCHEDULED 2008 NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR SHOWS

AT LAST!
WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE NEW 2008 DATES OF OUR POSTPONED NORTH AMERICAN 4TOUR.

EIGHTEEN OF THE NINETEEN PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SHOWS HAVE BEEN RE-SCHEDULED IN THE ORIGINAL VENUES, AND ALL 2007 TICKETS WILL BE HONOURED FOR THESE NEW 2008 CONCERTS.

(THE ONLY ONE WE COULDN’T GET SWITCHED WAS SEATTLE… BUT INSTEAD OF NO CURE SHOW AT ALL, WE WILL BE CLOSING THE SASQUATCH! MUSIC FESTIVAL ON SUNDAY 25TH MAY (MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND) AT THE GORGE AMPHITHEATRE, WHERE WE HAVE BEEN GUARANTEED 150 MINUTES ONSTAGE! ALL TICKETS FOR THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED CURE KEY ARENA CONCERT WILL BE HONOURED AT THE GORGE, BUT PLEASE NOTE: ALL TICKETS FOR THE SASQUATCH! FESTIVAL ARE GENERAL ADMISSION, INCLUDING ANY PREVIOUSLY ISSUED CURE KEY ARENA TICKETS).

IT’S ALL HAPPENING SLIGHTLY LATER THAN WE EXPECTED DUE TO ‘THE PLAYOFFS’ â€" A LOT OF THE VENUES WE NEEDED WOULDN’T LET US CONFIRM DATES IN THE MARCH/APRIL PERIOD â€" BUT WE UNDERSTAND THEY ALL HAVE TO LIVE IN HOPE!

HOWEVER, AN UNEXPECTED BONUS OF THE NEW ROUTING IS THAT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ADD IN KANSAS CITY, PHOENIX, AUSTIN, FT LAUDERDALE AND CLEVELAND… AND THERE WILL BE MORE DATES TO COME!

WE APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND UPSET THE ORIGINAL POSTPONEMENT CAUSED, AND WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE NEW SHOWS ARE MORE THAN WORTH THE WAIT…

SEE YOU ALL SOON,

LOVE ROBERT, SIMON, JASON AND PORL XXXX (THE CURE)

PS
ANYONE WHO WANTS A REFUND ON THEIR 2007 TICKET WILL BE ABLE TO GET ONE IN FULL FROM HIS OR HER POINT OF PURCHASE UNTIL 1ST NOVEMBER 2007.

PPS
ALL TICKET INFO LINKS WILL BE UP AS SOON AS WE HAVE THEM...

THE CURE 4TOUR NORTH AMERICA 2008

MAY
09 WASHINGTON DC Patriot Center

10 PHILADELPHIA Wachovia Spectrum

12 BOSTON Agganis Arena

14 MONTREAL Bell Centre

15 TORONTO Air Canada Centre

17 CHICAGO Allstate Arena

19 KANSAS CITY Starlight Theatre â€" ADDED SHOW

21 DENVER Red Rocks Amphitheatre

23 SALT LAKE CITY E Center

25 GEORGE WA The Gorge Sasquatch! Festival (in place of Seattle - headlining from 9:30 to midnight)

26 VANCOUVER General Motors Place

29 SANTA BARBARA Santa Barbara Bowl

31 LOS ANGELES Hollywood Bowl

JUNE
03 SAN DIEGO Cox Arena

04 PHOENIX Dodge Theatre â€" ADDED SHOW

06 DALLAS American Airlines Center

08 AUSTIN Austin Music Hall â€" ADDED SHOW

09 HOUSTON Toyota Center

11 TAMPA St Pete Times Forum

13 FT LAUDERDALE Bank Atlantic Center â€" ADDED SHOW

15 ATLANTA Gwinnett Center

16 CHARLOTTE Charlotte Bobcats Arena

18 CLEVELAND (Venue TBD) â€" ADDED SHOW

20 NEW YORK CITY Madison Square Garden

ROGUE

:rocker
AWSUM ~
You beat me to it~ So excited for everyone, I also posted this under the general topic-
oh ok- mine is a little different, as i got it from Thecure.com - So you can leave it there if you like,   Just happy ohh so happy, even though iam in Australia, happy, happy and happy, yyyyeeeeeeyyyy
Not a worry, ~ Thats great. !!!!!!!! :D
Thanx Sanchez, you been busy- i noticed you on 'the other side'  :twisted:

-~ giggles ~  :smth023 You just too fast for me.  :lol:

j

Sweet.  The first 2 shows I have tix for (DC and Philly) are a Friday and Saturday.  That equals no days off of work. 

Tof

Thank you for the info David and happy for all American !!!

:smth023
Tof

rjl

Some nice space between Boston and NYC. Not bad. Might be able to swing Philly as a long weekend. Too bad there were no closer dates added... Maybe I can sock some travel cash away.

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

I did this so that I can present the dates to my wife.  This way one can see the days of the week as well, and really see the gaps, like that 3 day gap between Vancouver and Santa Barbara.. Maybe they add San Fran?  Portland?  

SAT      09 MAY   FAIRFAX, VA       Patriot Center
SUN      10 MAY   PHILADELPHIA, PA   Wachovia Spectrum
MON      12 MAY   BOSTON, MA       Agganis Arena
WED      14 MAY   MONTREAL, QC       Bell Centre
THU      15 MAY   TORONTO, ON       Air Canada Centre
SAT      17 MAY   CHICAGO, IL      Allstate Arena
MON      19 MAY   KANSAS CITY, MO      Starlight Theatre
WED      21 MAY   DENVER, CO      Red Rocks
FRI      23 MAY   SALT LAKE CITY, UT   E Center
SUN      25 MAY   GEORGE, WA       The Gorge
MON      26 MAY   VANCOUVER, BC      General Motors Place
THU      29 MAY   SANTA BARBARA, CA   Santa Barbara Bowl
SAT      31 MAY   LOS ANGELES, CA      Hollywood Bowl
TUE      03 JUN   SAN DIEGO, CA      Cox Arena
WED      04 JUN   PHOENIX, AZ      Dodge Theatre
FRI      06 JUN   DALLAS, TX      American Airlines Center
SUN      08 JUN   AUSTIN, TX      Austin Music Hall
MON      09 JUN   HOUSTON, TX       Toyota Center
WED      11 JUN   TAMPA, FL      St Pete Times Forum
FRI      13 JUN   FT LAUDERDALE, FL   Bank Atlantic Center
SUN      15 JUN   ATLANTA, GA      Gwinnett Center
MON      16 JUN   CHARLOTTE, NC       Charlotte Bobcats Arena
WED      18 JUN   CLEVELAND, OH       (Venue TBD)
FRI      20 JUN   NEW YORK CITY, NY    Madison Square Garden

ROGUE

:smth020
Thank you Sanchez, great photo !! gee thank you
~kisses~ and exciting for everyone !! and will be well worth the wait, for sure   ;)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Plainsong

Has anyone who sent their original tickets back for a refund actually seen the money yet?
I have an extra set of tickets for Atlanta, and since we only have until November 1 to get refunds, I need to decide what to do with them. I'm leaning toward refunding them since trying to sell them to another fan is probably not going to work--who's going to buy them 8-9 months before the show??--but I'm wondering how long and complicated the refund process is with Ticketmaster.

rjl

Any idea as to when the tickets go back on sale?

Had the initial dates not been cancelled, I was going to buy some Philly tix from craigslist or ebay if it turned out I could make it (find someone who couldn't make it, and buy them). That option is out, however, as I don't want to buy someone's hard tickets, only to find out at the door that they received a refund for them, leaving me with some expensive + useless bits of paper.

j

Quote from: Plainsong on September 13, 2007, 22:15:29
Has anyone who sent their original tickets back for a refund actually seen the money yet?
I have an extra set of tickets for Atlanta, and since we only have until November 1 to get refunds, I need to decide what to do with them. I'm leaning toward refunding them since trying to sell them to another fan is probably not going to work--who's going to buy them 8-9 months before the show??--but I'm wondering how long and complicated the refund process is with Ticketmaster.

I got the money back on my credit card within a week of sending the tickets back.  Just make sure you send them via certified mail with insurance to cover yourself.

Plainsong

Only a week? Good to know! I'll definitely send this pair back then, unless anyone here wants 2 F3 seats for Atlanta, that is. ;)

rodney

rjl

Oh, you have to physically send them back? I wasn't sure, as every other postponed/cancelled/refunded show I've had tickets for result in either an automatic chargeback, or me calling and getting a refund instead of going to the new date.

That makes me feel a bit safer buying someone's hard tickets then.

I heard somewhat recently about someone getting burned for Morrissey tickets at the recent Boston makeup date. We were afraid that ours, which we bought the day before the show, would show up as null and void at the gate, a refund having been issued. Luckily, that was not the case.