Best of: Disintegration

Started by dsanchez, January 19, 2006, 17:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favourite song in this album?

Plainsong
22 (19%)
Pictures Of You
10 (8.6%)
Closedown
2 (1.7%)
Love Song
2 (1.7%)
Last Dance
6 (5.2%)
Lullaby
3 (2.6%)
Fascination Street
6 (5.2%)
Prayers For Rain
10 (8.6%)
The Same Deep Water As Yo
19 (16.4%)
Disintegration
23 (19.8%)
Homesick
7 (6%)
Untitled
6 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 99

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

lordsquidy13

Prayers For Rain, because the keyboards make it a masterpiece, and fill it up with dark gloomy emotions, and it's not as synth-sounding as Plainsong. Key boards for once sound angry.

psychophysio

Quote from: Janko on June 25, 2007, 00:08:37

WELL, LIVE DISISNTEGRATION HAS THIS EXTRA GUITAR PART THAT CAN BE HEARD WHEN PORL PLAYED THE SONG...

IT CAN BE HEARD ON EVERY BOOTLEG FROM THAT ERA AND IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC BECAUSE BOTH ROBERT AND PORL ARE PLAYINGG IT IN UNISON (SIX STRING BASS+GUITAR)

:smth020

I completely agree!

Disintegration is my favourite by a long shot, especially some of the faster live versions. It is the best breaking-up song ever!

Before I met my wife I would play Disintegration REALLY loud once whenever I broke up with someone - very therapeutic. (It didn't happen too often for that reason though!)

Sussex

This is one of a hard decision to make. The Album consist of all damn great song.
But this time i would like to pick 'LAST DANCE'.  :smth023

Love the starting part and the whole song slowly bring me to the other side of the world.

"Thick As Shit"

tigermilk

plainsong
pictures of you
lullaby
lovesong
the same deep water as you

it's hard to pick just one, but they are my favourite 5!

CureCrusader

DISINTEGRATION.

by a long shot. The others are quite boring, I am tired of POY, Lullaby, Plainsong ( just about every live concert has this   :roll: )

Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Lisa.Lovecat

wow, this is a really tough question... in my opinion, disintegration is the best cure album ever, so i really can't pick a fave song. i definitely love last dance, lovesong, disintegration and lullaby. :D
I could kill you without trying, that's accuracy :-D

star_swirl

In relation to this album, I think all of the songs off it sound far better live than on record. Also, Plainsong as an opener at concerts is so perfect!  :smth020

Saanm

The Same Deep Water As You and Disintegration. Why?

Kiss me goodbye... When we both us knew
How the ending would be...
How the end always is...

that's all...

r1ghteousone

Wow...s'hard to seperate the songs really. Disintegration is one of the few albums (by anyone) that works as a cohesive whole i think. There are standouts though...the title track, Pictures Of You, Plainsong etc.

PAOKCURE

These polls are such brainteaser (but also very interesting) because it's really difficult to choose just one song from a hall Cure album.

But when it comes to Disintegration it's almost impossible...
I went away alone with nothing left but faith

jbud1980

I chose Homesick; a rarely peformed (last time was during Trilogy, before that, I think 1989) beautiful song that incorporates angelic piano with a somber voice. I even got my brother who is in to death metal music  :twisted: to like this song.  :)

Poe

Even though I love Pictures Of You tremendously, I went for Untitled. The melody and the lyrics complete and play off each other in such a stellar way, it hits home with me every time. Also, the lyrics could be read as a poem without the melody and still be stunningly touching. Most of my favorite Cure songs give me certain images when I listen to them, but it's hard to think of any images that would measure up to the beauty of this song.

I don't think I've mentioned this before on this particular forum, but I was listening to this song when I was in a car accident (no one hurt, except the car), so we have a little history together....It doesn't make me think I'm bound to the song in any sort of mystical way, but I sure am glad I was listening to one of my favorite songs during those frightful seconds, rather than some throwaway, creativity-insulting fluff on the radio *shudders*, oh the horror....Won't listen to just anything on the road anymore...

By the way, I still don't know for sure if Robert wrote the lyrics. I know Roger wrote the melody, most of it anyway, but if he wrote the lyrics as well, I'm bringing him back. You heard me.

Hopelessly drift in the eyes of the ghost again, down on my knees and my hands in the air again...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

revolt

Almost every song on "Disintegration" could be chosen as the best one...
"The same deep water as you" is my favourite. Possibly the most beautiful song The Cure have ever done.

reenaissance

Disintegration is my favourite track of this album, in fact it's the first The Cure song I ever loved and because of this song I've became a fan of them. This song means so much to me.
You're just an object in my eyes.