Cure tattoos

Started by dsanchez, November 07, 2006, 15:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddy

I think this guy has an awesome back piece, and I think the artist did a fantabulous job.  That is what matters when it comes to tattoos, it's gotta be custom, something that has a small chance of being on anyone else's body.  That is why I love my mermaid...I would love to get a tat of something that is relative to the Cure, I just don't want to repeat anything that has already been seen...
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

~*CherryRed*~

:-D I wasn't offended!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

melly

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on November 14, 2007, 23:45:38
:-D I wasn't offended!

Oh! Good...*whew*.. because it IS such a personal thing, and I would never slag peoples personal choices...unless it brought sorrow to others...now I'm babbling... hehe..anyway, I'm glad I didn't offend .. :-D
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

psychophysio

Here is my tattoo after I had them recoloured for my birthday (a pressie from my gf).

I got the Cure one in NZ in 1993 and the Dr Seuss one in the UK in 1996.

silversand

Thanks for posting the picture of the tattoo Meddy.
It looks great!!!  :smth023

Your tattoo look great psychophysio  :smth023

Meddy

No problem.  I am infatuiated (sp?) with that back piece.  I love tattoos, I have two of my own, a fairy, and than a mermaid that my artist drew up from one of my favorite paintings by Nene Thomas.  But yeah, a tribute tattoo will definetly be done somewhere on my canvas before I take my dirt nap. :P
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

Cure Freak

Lovely tat psychophysio .
:smth001

I was thinking, what about getting a tat that Simon or Porl has. Would be a cool idea. I have friend who is getting one of Dave Gahan's tats.

ROGUE

Quote from: psychophysio on November 21, 2007, 18:56:28
Here is my tattoo after I had them recoloured for my birthday (a pressie from my gf).

I got the Cure one in NZ in 1993 and the Dr Seuss one in the UK in 1996.

I really like this combination, so cool and beautiful colours too  :D

YES~ Great back tatt, thanks Meddy  :smth023 "oh my god" is what i said when i enlarged it, WOW is great !!

Mary Grace Brar

I just got my first tattoo and it is the cure spiral with "the cure " written in between. I love it! I am so proud to wear my favorite band for over 20 yrs. on my shoulder.

christen-in-blood

underneath my left arm i have the words ROBERT SMITH-The Cure tattooed on. underneath my right arm i have the words SIOUXSIE SIOUX tattooed on. in the future i may get an early Cure logo, the one where the letter 'C' drops slightly below the 'E' and 'U' tattooed on me somewhere.
"thanks, goodnight. you've been the noisiest audience i've ever listened to. goodnight." robert smith

lindaar

hey, i really want to get a the cure tattoo,
just having problems choosing the right one.
So, maybe you guys got some suggestions or cool logos for me.
Would be great if you could send it

lindaar@hotmail.com

i didnt want to get a tattoo of any band member, was more thinking about some symbol, or writing

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: lindaar on March 20, 2008, 23:52:51
hey, i really want to get a the cure tattoo,
just having problems choosing the right one.
So, maybe you guys got some suggestions or cool logos for me.
Would be great if you could send it

lindaar@hotmail.com

i didnt want to get a tattoo of any band member, was more thinking about some symbol, or writing

Well this is a hard one! Hmm, what to pick I guess! I had the symbols from The Top, but it was a shiteful job (crap tattooist!) So I had them covered over... but I still really like those symbols (the star like image, snake and bird like image) and I will get them done elsewhere upon my person one day. You have to find something that 'speaks' to you really. Tat's are personal.

FarFar

i wish i can have tatoo on my body...but i can't have it....it against my religion :cry: :cry:
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Freakshow

I think about getting a tattoo as well at the moment. But as all of you said it is something very personal and you will have it for your whole life - that's why I'm glad that I waited. (I wanted to get one about 10 years ago, but was to afraid and didn'T have the money) Otherwise I would wear some annoying stuff on my body I don't like anymore. So, what I intend to do is a line from a cure song (there are still 3 possibilities I haven't decided about)together with some symbols. (I've already created some scetches.) So in about 2 weeks I'll have it!!!
Show me how you do that trick...

~*CherryRed*~

Freakshow... when it's all over and healed, and you are a member of the 'inked' community (no longer a clear skin!  ;)) Post us some photos! Show off what you got! I'm really interested in what song lines your thinking of using.