Started by dsanchez, December 06, 2006, 18:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

zyxibule

<i>No one will ever take your place, so in love with you.</i>

rjl

Who would I spend the rest of my life with?

That's ridiculously easy.

A bird.

I've got a cat at the moment, but sadly, he won't be around forever. So, pets die. Girlfriends come and go (or sometimes they don't... but you never find out until they do...).

However, once my cat passes on, if I consider another pet, I'm considering a bird. Yeah, they're expensive, but live for freaking ever. I'll be 30 soon. Larger birds (I'm thinking an African Gray) can live upwards of 40-50 years. I figure I can grow old and retire and live out my life with it.

And they talk - I mean, how cool is that?

:smth023

japanesebaby

after reading what you said, i'm maybe considering getting a giant tortoise.
IF i'd ever consider getting a pet. which i don't. but anyway.

and boyfriends? well to tell you the truth i'm afraid have no faith left in any of them, past or future. just a bunch of selfish self-centered  gits with mother complexes anyway, all of them. (huh sorry guys but...)
so yeah, i think i'd get well along with a tortoise, just slowly growing really really ooooooold together and neverminding anyone else around us...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rjl

Don't think that I haven't considered a tortoise!  :smth023

On one hand, they live 150+ years...

...on the other, they can't perch on your shoulder, and they don't speak.

That's very important.

I've got the "training" already planned. I'm just going to compile playlists of beat-boxing, old/early analog synth, and audio from Beavis & Butt-Head episodes, to repeat all day, whenever I'm out of the house.

Oh, and girls are equally insane. They've cornered the market on "trap" questions/situations where there is no right answer, but one is demanded. Or can find fault in anything should they choose to...

I've come to the conclusion that they really run things.

In fact, I've gone so far as to come to the corollary conclusion that since they run things, they're responsible for a lot of the stupid guys out there. Because you know that if women as a whole chose not to put up with a lot of their nonsense, they wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, the female species has some weak links that enable some of the real meat-heads out there.

(Before someone jumps down my throat, calling me a misogynist, it's not an entirely serious thought. But then again, think about it... I might be onto something.)

But let's face it... everyone is self-centered, useless and insane, to a point.

And the fact is that you're in good shape if you're fine with yourself (sometimes the hardest thing to achieve)... because no matter what, you're kinda stuck with yourself for the long haul.

japanesebaby

well i definitely do know some stupid girls too. but are you honestly saying that it's sort of women's "fault" if men are stupid?
wow well... but couldn't one just as well say then that women wouldn't cause all that unless men were so damn stupid in the first place?
so which one camefirst the egg or the hen, the egg or the hen, the egg.....?

yeah tortoises don't speak. i think i'd personally find that really relaxing. i guess i like the company of mute animals.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Yanna Sometimes

Quote from: scatcat on October 06, 2007, 17:10:29
changed my mind.. Hyde from That 70's Show

I would choose Eric from that 70s show. I love those dorky-type guys!
And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
That the dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
[i]Mad World[/i]