to dream make tired?

Started by dsanchez, April 20, 2007, 23:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

does anyone have the impression that after having many dreams or even worse, having nightmares,  you feel pretty tired next day when waking up?

:smth015
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rjl

The opposite, actually. I usually wake up pretty happy if I remember the dream. Even if part of it was bad... as long as it was vivid and distinct and intriguing enough.

Now, when I've been drinking, that's another story entirely.  :(

lostflower4

A couple days ago I had a nice dream and woke up happy and extra  motivated.

But normally, a dream doesn't have any effect on my energy. I never really thought about it much, to be honest.

japanesebaby

i used to dream a lot earlier, nowadays i've discovered that it's a moe or less rare event - at least i mostly don't seem to remember any of it at all in the morning. maybe it's because of higher stress levels or something, or maybe i've become old... :(  - i'm not sure. personally i think i somehow "lost" my ability to dream a lot after i once had a rather long period of more or less severe insomnia - i didn't really dream then because i didn't really sleep much. and these days i seem to be able to sleep again quite normally so i've recovered from it for sure,  but i've noticed that i don't really dream anymore nowhere near as much as i did. it used to be different.
anyway, i find it a real pity. because i used to think dreaming was really extremely entertaining and refreshing most of the times. the more vivid the dream was, the better and more energized i often felt the next day in some ways.
sometimes i think i feel more tired now just because i don't really dream...?
i should really start dreaming again. any good tips?  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 24, 2007, 00:37:01i should really start dreaming again. any good tips?  :?

A lot of people claim this works:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/calea_zacatechichi/calea_zacatechichi.shtml

But I've never tried it. :?

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 24, 2007, 00:42:52
Quote from: japanesebaby on April 24, 2007, 00:37:01i should really start dreaming again. any good tips?  :?

A lot of people claim this works:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/calea_zacatechichi/calea_zacatechichi.shtml

But I've never tried it. :?

uh, i thought maybe i should try yoga or something. 
i guess i'm a bit suspicious about all these herbs and stuff you know...

Descent

I'm pretty sure everybody dreams. What happens (i think) is that you don't remember them because you have to wake up during a certain phase of your sleep to recall these.
But I'm not scientist.

I used to remember a lot more my dreams in the past too... but I often dreamt I was dying too. So... I guess it's better not 'knowing' what you were dreaming of sometimes.  :lol:

japanesebaby

yes i know it's true. so i always wake up during a wrong phase these days and my mind is blank. :S

Quote from: Descent on April 24, 2007, 01:08:59
I used to remember a lot more my dreams in the past too... but I often dreamt I was dying too. So... I guess it's better not 'knowing' what you were dreaming of sometimes.  :lol:

ok i know other people explaining their dreams is rather boring, i know, but anyway, about "dangerous dreams":
i used to have this re-occuring dream which i always really enjoyed it although it was pretty scary too, a dream where there was this  major shoot-out going on, a major bank robbery gone wrong or something, but i had this ability to dodge bullets exactly like in the movie 'matrix'. and nobody ever believes me but i was so disappointed to see the same in the movies afterwards! because honestly i had been "watching" this dream for years and years before the movie ever came out, and everyone else was going "whooaaa!" when they saw those "bullet time" effects and i was like "hey you stole my dream come on!!"
i should have been credited, i mean it.

Janko

I ALMOST NEVER DREAM
THAT IS, I CANT REMEMBER WHAT WAS I DREAMING
BUT I ALWAYS WAKE UP TIRED
AND SO PISSED I COULD KILL EVERYONE IN MY PROXIMITY

:smth011

CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=820
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason