2008.05.23 West Valley City - E Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Soundcheck:

...The End Of The World, Lovesong, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, (pre-recorded bits of various songs), Just Like Heaven, A Night Like This, Jason (mic checks)
(thanks crowbi_wan!)

Setlist

Plainsong, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Catch, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Other Voices, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, A Letter To Elise, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

E1: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
E2: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab
E3: Why Can't I be you?

(Thanks to COF for the setlist!)

Notes (crowbi_wan)
*Interpol is the preshow music again.
*65DOS is on
*65Dos is done
*Robert's voice sounds pretty good.

Have you taken pictures of this show? Share with us here

Tickets
Pre-sale tickets on http://www.thecure.com
Pre-Sale Date: Thu, 19-Jul
Tickets:

Venue details
Capacity: 10,100
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Just got back from checking out the venue.  The crew is setting up, but no sign of the band yet.  Soundchecks have been happening around 4pm, so I'll head back over in a few hours.  Viewing access to the loading area is totally clear , though there is a dude in a truck that I would assume is the guard parked just inside the gate.  Hopefully, I can see the band arrive and they'll be able to hear my requests.  And if that guard slips for one second, I'm making a run for the inside!  :-D

Druide

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 23, 2008, 22:16:26
Just got back from checking out the venue.  The crew is setting up, but no sign of the band yet.  Soundchecks have been happening around 4pm, so I'll head back over in a few hours.  Viewing access to the loading area is totally clear , though there is a dude in a truck that I would assume is the guard parked just inside the gate.  Hopefully, I can see the band arrive and they'll be able to hear my requests.  And if that guard slips for one second, I'm making a run for the inside!  :-D

Let's go Brian.......... 8)
...Dancing in my pocket...

Plainsong

Is Robert singing at the soundcheck? How does he sound?

Plainsong

Oh good. :) I hope he's completely recovered by now and ready to wail!

Plainsong

"This is mic one, this is mic one, isn't this a lot of fun?"
Sorry...seen Spinal Tap too many times...;)

crowbi_wan

crowbi_wan

Ah yes i made it in with the other voices sign and some other um...stuff : )

largeststarintheuniverse

What were the "pre-recorded bits of various songs" in the soundcheck?
Just the normal backing track noises?
Hopefully nothing like major guitar parts etc?

Plainsong

CATCH!! Ooooh I hope they play this at one of the CA shows...love love love Catch.

lostflower4

Decent setlist with some nice surprises, but they're really hooked on those encores.  :?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 24, 2008, 07:57:09
Decent setlist with some nice surprises, but they're really hooked on those encores.  :?

Considering they haven't done the full Seventeen Seconds for a few shows, it was due.  And honestly, I enjoyed it.  Porl's guitar sounded downright sinister during At Night.  Nothing special about the middle two.  Some nice guitar work by Robert during A Forest, though Simon didn't do anything to end it.  Old School was the short version, which was a shame.  They need to do the full seven song version more!  With enough time for one more song, I thought we might get Faith since Other Voices was played earlier in the set.  Nope, Robert picked up his hand held mic, and obviously they were going to end with a dancefest  :? 

Despite the finale, the show was terrific.  While it lacked the vibe of Morrison, the set was full of surprise and Robert's voice is getting better.  He's still having trouble at times, opting to sing in a different pitch or change the melody slightly, but he's definitely on the mend.

About the set, they just kept pulling out one surprise after the next.  I'm no fan of Catch, but it's always nice to get something fresh.  Finally, after being a fan for nearly 23 years I got to hear Other Voices  :D  That one right there really made this one special and easily one of my favorite shows.  And who would've thought Elise would get played and at the point it did in the set?  Not I.  But it's that sort of thing that the Euro tour lacked and was what I kept complaining about.  The last few shows have easily been the most interesting with this line-up.  They're continuing to tear it up musically and putting on a great show.  Had it not been for the postponement, I'd have missed this one.  Glad they pushed the tour back.  This was one fine concert.

Tomorrow I get to sleep in my own bed for one night before I'm off to the Sasquatch Festival (where we should get Underneath The Stars again) and Vancouver.  When I get home I'll see about uploading some audio.  Other Voices and A Letter to Elise sound pretty tasty and think I'll up those.  And if time permits on my day off following Vancouver, I'll see about uploading a full show, Curefans exclusive style  :smth023

That's all folks...I'm one sleepy Curefan.   

crowbi_wan

Quote from: largeststarintheuniverse on May 24, 2008, 05:09:55
What were the "pre-recorded bits of various songs" in the soundcheck?
Just the normal backing track noises?
Hopefully nothing like major guitar parts etc?

They've been recording all of their shows and occasionally will use bits of previous shows.  Might be to check the mix against a good night or just checking some levels while the band is talking.  They were all very short bits and obviously were coming from a live recording.

temptation-cure

why the encores has become shorter on this american tour then the european tour :P ?????
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com