Doc Martens Boots

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, August 24, 2007, 02:43:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

SALUTE  Doc Martins, love my 14 up, -Just went for a search in my waldrobe, ahhh where are they... Found em, happy now, Yes cherry-red gotta do some polishing  :oops:
I love 20 with steel toe, hm I like that, bit more kick arse-ish  :smth023

frog_s

I wear docs too, but not since that long (I'm not THAT old :p).

I got 3 pairs now, and one of the pairs is totally worn out but I don't wanna throw them away haha. I feel so attached to them. After I got my first 2 pairs I was kinda considering if I should buy another pair though y'know. I don't care much for these things but you see like, a LOT of Neo-nazists walking around with these boots. But I couldn't stop myself, certainly not when I saw a pair in sale for only 55 Euros :o

I have to say I don't polish them well n all, I should actually but it's also kinda something to have them all messed up. I like to see on my Dr.Martens what I been through with them hahha.

-xxx-

Siouxsie_

Does anyone own velvet Docs?

~*CherryRed*~

Well, I have been missing in action for some time, and have been happy to see alot more discussion on Docs! As far as velvet Docs go, I don't own a pair... but are they really velvet or suede? I've seen loads of 8hole suede styles. If there are velvet ones out there, I think it would be something to see a pair! Can you imagine the up keep on a pair of those!?! A nightmare!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Hero

I have a pair of velvet docs! Well...they were my friends but she was gonna throw them out so i rescued them! There 13 hole black velvet, im too scared to wear them though,  incase i scuff them up! Maybe i will wear them to wembley as its a special occasion!

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: Hero on October 10, 2007, 20:12:42
I have a pair of velvet docs! Well...they were my friends but she was gonna throw them out so i rescued them! There 13 hole black velvet, im too scared to wear them though,  incase i scuff them up! Maybe i will wear them to wembley as its a special occasion!

COOL! Is there any chance of you posting a pic of them for me to have a perve at? I'm sure they're suede and not velvet... but I have been known to be wrong!! (shock horror!) If you do want to wear them, with some degree of safety... in Oz (and I guess the world over) you can buy a spray on stuff that protects (suede at least) them from water damage. I use it regularily on my suede converse's and other boots that I have! Works a treat. :smth023

j

I have been wearing Docs nearly daily since I was 12...guess this will be my silver anniversary.  25 years of DMs.  8 hole blacks were a staple of my life until about 5 years ago.

Over the past couple years (especially since I have to do the corporate dress thing :smth096), I have moved to brown slip ons with a buckle.

When I need to go into manufacturing areas, I have to wear steel toes.  my company bought me these:

I even got married wearing a tux....and a new pair of 8 hole blacks!

~*CherryRed*~

Haha... that reminds me of my Fella wearing black jeans and his black 14hole Docs with a tux jacket, as best man at his mates wedding! Very chic!! I was always under the impression that the steelcap Docs weren't registered as saftey boots? But perhapes the ones you have are... I did get told once that I couldn't wear my steelcaps to work for that reason. The rating wasn't suitable or something, and I had to go out and buy a really horrid pair of pullon work boots! This was all awhile ago, so I guess the company would now make proper steelcap work boots!
Viva La Doc Marten!