Remeber Butch Vig? Ahhh Memories

Started by rockitmarty, August 31, 2007, 19:41:32

Previous topic - Next topic

rockitmarty

I was just listening to the new Garbage comp "absolute garbage".  Another intern at umg gave it to me and its brought back countless memories of the early nineties:  Flannel, dirty long hair, neon windbreakers.  Anyone else remember or like Garbage? 

lostflower4

Butch Vig was an awesome producer (Nirvana, etc.)

But aren't you a spammer? :roll:

rockitmarty

rjl

Quote from: rockitmarty on August 31, 2007, 19:41:32
Anyone else remember or like Garbage? 

The first album is pretty awesome. I didn't much like it when it first came out, but it grew on me. "Supervixen", "Vow" and "Not My Idea" are my favorites off the top of my head / the ones that totally sold me on the album.

After that, it's been random songs here & there... Nothing as good as the self-titled album.

I've been waiting to hear something about a new album...

Janko

AH...

I WAS WONDERING WHEN WILL PEOPLE START TALKING ABOUT 90'S LIKE THEY USED TO DO ABOUT 80'S, 70'S, 60'S ...

:-D

I OFFICIALLY FEEL OLD!

:smth011
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rjl

Well, the early half of the 90's was great. It's the latter half that produced a whole lot of sucky stuff. I can't really think of any late 90's albums that I liked. Now, 90-94, I can think of a ton.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: rjl on September 04, 2007, 21:35:29
Well, the early half of the 90's was great. It's the latter half that produced a whole lot of sucky stuff. I can't really think of any late 90's albums that I liked. Now, 90-94, I can think of a ton.

One of my favorite albums from the late 90s.  Check it out.  :smth020

rjl

I may just have to. Because honestly, I'm hard-pressed to think of many.

There was the second Fiona Apple album ("When The Pawn")... the first two Jason Falkner albums ("Author Unknown", "Can You Still Feel?")... Mr. Bungle's "California" was pretty awesome, as well. All of these albums were released in 1999, save for the first Falkner album, which was in 1996.

I guess that first Garbage album really straddles the line between early and late 90's.

Janko

HA!

I JUST DISCOVERED THIS NICE MID-NINETIES BAND CALLED

SMOG

THEY ROCK!

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rjl

Quote from: Janko on September 05, 2007, 15:35:47
HA!

I JUST DISCOVERED THIS NICE MID-NINETIES BAND CALLED

SMOG

THEY ROCK!

Is it the same Smog who wrote:

The weightlifter wears t-shirts in wintertime
The weightlifter wears no shirt in summertime
The weightlifter prays and prays for summertime
The weightlifter has a playboy air freshener
Dangling from his rearview mirror
But something on his mind
His car is red he’s saving for a water bed
Oh what a love nest that’ll be

The weightlifter wears t-shirts in wintertime

If so, I love it. A bandmate and an ex-gf introduced me to (that) Smog. Awesome.