You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 07, 2007, 09:58:58
--Someone types "LOL" in chat and you wonder why the are talking about Tolhurst.
Yeah, this is true, ahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! :smth043
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

themurderchair

Quote from: Untitled on September 04, 2007, 07:27:54
Go ahead... this should be fun

... It is 10:15 on a Saturday night and you just want to go sit in the kitchen sink

i don't have an overwhelming urge to go sit in the kitchen, but if i can i often try to listen to 10:15 Saturday Night at 10:15 on a saturday night

Quote from: silversand on September 08, 2007, 23:57:20
all your passwords are Cure songs
the background picture on your Computer are a picture from the band or from a band member.

check, check

Quote from: billee on September 08, 2007, 13:00:03
You know when you're a Curefan when..............

You play their music in the car everywhere you go despite children pleading for mercy ( I know what's best for them)
You can't get going for the day unless you have your black eyeliner on.
Your heart skips a beat when you hear a snippet of a song on the telly or the radio or anywhere for that matter.
A cure song is on your mobile phone alarm to wake you up each morning.
Not for everyone but for me anyway, you get goosebumps everytime you hear Roberts voice singing or even just seeing him.

agreed completely
especially the bits about your heart skipping a bit and getting goosebumps, i always thought that was silly of me
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Sussex

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 11, 2007, 17:50:21
Quote from: Sussex on September 11, 2007, 05:35:34
Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 07, 2007, 09:58:58
You know you are a Cure fan when..

--Someone types "LOL" in chat and you wonder why the are talking about Tolhurst.

Same here too..always like that! :-D

LOL!

i have a confession to make:

in the very beginning of my "internet life" (you know "once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away...") i actually didn't get this 'LOL' thing at all. i kept wondering why people were constantly referring to mr. tolhurst on every cure board in all kinds of situations that weren't even referring to him, not even remotedly. and then i got even more confused when i noticed that a lot of non-cure people in all kinds of non-cure internet environments kept doing it too.  :smth017
honestly, i took me a good while to figure it out  :oops:
but i can defend myself by saying that after all, i'm not an english speaker by birth and there certainly isn't any similar abbreviation in finnish language that could have pointed me the direction.
and please note that this really happened a long time ago - really.

anyway i guess it's: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:-D
"Thick As Shit"

agusramirez

When you register in every forum you find on the net!!!!!

AR

Cure Freak

You know you are a Cure fan when...
you own the same brand of lipstick and eyeliner Robert wears.

scatcat

:P :P this is all soo funny.. I do all of the above, except the sitting in the sink bit and fish called Harold and Joe, but my computer background is always changing and to to do with the Cure, and my family think i'm wierd anyway..  and I go up to strangers if i see them wearing a cure tour t-shirt and talk to them like they are family and gush about how brilliant the band is and oohh it's embarassing!!

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

oh yeah... my phone ringtone is "boys don't cry"  !!!!

:rocker

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

CureCrusader

no other music is good enough for you.  :smth020 :smth020 :smth020
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

scatcat

Quote from: CureCrusader on October 07, 2007, 07:30:34
no other music is good enough for you.  :smth020 :smth020 :smth020

yes that's so true, nothing compares....

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

The Cure is definately my favorite.
I have "At Night" as my ringtone, it's a realtone as well.

It goes:
"Unaware of the changes at night. At night." and then the music kicks in for a while.

Some bands may compare, but only one song by them. The Cure is the only band where I can love an entire album. Other bands, I have to pick and choose carefully what song from what album, because some of them suck!

Sussex

Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 10, 2007, 03:47:17

Talking about ringtone, i also use The Cure song as the tone..currently i use Faith (Live Version)
Love to hear Robert say " The last song is called Faith" and then the tone start..

Hence, I know currently Im a Curefans.. :smth020
"Thick As Shit"

scatcat

Quote from: Sussex on October 10, 2007, 03:57:32
Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 10, 2007, 03:47:17

Talking about ringtone, i also use The Cure song as the tone..currently i use Faith (Live Version)
Love to hear Robert say " The last song is called Faith" and then the tone start..

Hence, I know currently Im a Curefans.. :smth020

where did u get this realtone from??? a curefan I am!!!! :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Siouxsie_

Yes, where did you guys get those ringtones from? I am very curious...

Sussex

Quote from: scatcat on October 10, 2007, 08:32:47

where did u get this realtone from??? a curefan I am!!!! :smth023

Im using Nokia N73..and it just need a mp3 file to be upload to the mobile memorycard..
When the mp3 file is uploaded, we just choose the mp3 files @ song that we like to be set as the mobile ringtones..as simple as that..
"Thick As Shit"

LuvURobert

:smth047... you find a folder that you saved from highschool and written all over it is "I love Robert" and "I love The Cure"... along with several cutout pictures of Robert from magazines that are randomly taped to the front and back of the folder as well!!  Guess that was more interesting to stare at than most of my teachers.  :-D

... that was 19 years ago and I love them even more now!  :rocker
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"