You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnage Visor

I think I ordered it off my phone from the Virgin Mobile store...

No wait, they only have Yung Joc and other pathetic asshats like that...

I got it online somewhere and I believe I downloaded it straight to my phone...

I wish I could help!

Anyway, you know you're a Curefan when everytime you see an animal of the feline kind, you quietly hum "Lovecats" to yourself...at least I do. I can't help it!

curedtc

I have Fire In Cairo chorus as my messages ringtone and also have another for calls but i have forgotten which  :shock:.

But yeah, i do some of these things in this thread, especially when someone says a phrase or words from a song and i instantly think out of context. :D
Im always wanting more...

rubcure

Your heart beats harder when you listen to The Cure :smth020 :smth035
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

Carnage Visor

Good one! My heart does beat faster when I hear them, especially when it's unexpected, like I'll be listening to the radio and the guy will go, "And here's a classic from the 80s, an odd little tune by The Cure..." and they'll play Caterpillar or Lovecats or something...

I get all jittery, knowing they still get airplay!

Meddy

I wish our radio stations would play some of those songs.  The only ones that get air time maybe once or twice a month is Friday I'm In Love, or Just Like Heaven.  Everyone knows I am fan at work, because when I hear those, that is the only time I actually turn my radio on in my cube as load as I dare, or they are the only CD's I play.

You know you are a fan when you purchase your first pair of tix, and you bawl so hard, and are gasping for breath, you get asked "who died"...
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

Cure Freak

Or when your in a supermarket or the mall and Friday I'm In Love or Love Song will start playing and you sing outloud. I do this alll the time.

scatcat

Quote from: rubcure on October 29, 2007, 08:31:28
Your heart beats harder when you listen to The Cure :smth020 :smth035

oooh yeah.. get that blood pumping!  :smth023

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 30, 2007, 18:41:02
Or when your in a supermarket or the mall and Friday I'm In Love or Love Song will start playing and you sing outloud. I do this alll the time.

I can't control myself if I hear The Cure anytime...  :rocker

On topic... You know you are a Curefan ....when U just can't get enough... of music, downloads, videos, information...  8)  :smth006 :smth035

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

cure_kitty

When you constantly play The Cure's music at work despite the complaints & strange looks you get from your co-workers you still play them over & over! 

Me happy :smth020
Co-Workers  :smth011

Actually one of my co-workers was a big fan of the band in the 80's but hasn't really listened to their stuff in years.  He kept complaining that he couldn't stand Robert's voice anymore but he eventually gave in!   Now he blames me with his current obsession with the band!  I love it!!!  :rocker

cure_kitty

Quote from: scatcat on November 02, 2007, 13:30:24

On topic... You know you are a Curefan ....when U just can't get enough... of music, downloads, videos, information...  8)  :smth006 :smth035

Yeah!  I think I spend more time at work looking at up Cure Stuff than working!  Well at least when I'm not busy at work!

scatcat

Quote from: cure_kitty on November 02, 2007, 16:37:07

Actually one of my co-workers was a big fan of the band in the 80's but hasn't really listened to their stuff in years.  He kept complaining that he couldn't stand Robert's voice anymore but he eventually gave in!   Now he blames me with his current obsession with the band!  I love it!!!  :rocker

Spread the sound like Gospel... It will have non-believers begging for more!! :rocker

well done cure_kitty :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

cure_kitty

Quote from: scatcat on November 02, 2007, 16:40:06
Quote from: cure_kitty on November 02, 2007, 16:37:07

Actually one of my co-workers was a big fan of the band in the 80's but hasn't really listened to their stuff in years.  He kept complaining that he couldn't stand Robert's voice anymore but he eventually gave in!   Now he blames me with his current obsession with the band!  I love it!!!  :rocker

Spread the sound like Gospel... It will have non-believers begging for more!! :rocker

well done cure_kitty :smth023

Thank you scatcat!  Just doing my part to help The Cure cause! 

Cure Freak

...when you dress up as one of the band members for Halloween or a costume party.

Sussex

.....when you think that MIRACLE is equal to THE CURE. :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Cure Freak on November 04, 2007, 18:03:46
...when you dress up as one of the band members for Halloween or a costume party.

:-D
Did that...although by the end of the night I ended up looking more like an emo girl...which I am neither...oh well, at least I looked good in the leggings and giant boots. Had lots of nasty words hurled at me too about my sexuality...as if I can't be straight and dress up on Halloween? How is that any different than dressing up as a football star? It's called dressing up for a reason!!!

That's when my costume had worn out, along with my hairspray (note how my hair is "flopping" and I look beat! 'Twas a long night!)

scatcat

Quote from: Cure Freak on November 04, 2007, 18:03:46

come on..pleease tell.. which band member???   8)

Quote from: Carnage Visor on November 08, 2007, 23:48:10
:-D
Did that...although by the end of the night I ended up looking more like an emo girl...which I am neither...oh well, at least I looked good in the leggings and giant boots. Had lots of nasty words hurled at me too about my sexuality...as if I can't be straight and dress up on Halloween? How is that any different than dressing up as a football star? It's called dressing up for a reason!!!

That's when my costume had worn out, along with my hairspray (note how my hair is "flopping" and I look beat! 'Twas a long night!)

C.V. you are still a "cracker"..( aussie term for larrikan/prankster) are you sure you are not a comedian underneath that many talented-hat you wear??

Believe it or not.. i um think u look better than I do as an 'Emo girl'.. !!  :smth011  jealous baby  :P  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life