You Know you are a Cure fan when... ?

Started by Untitled, September 04, 2007, 07:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

FarFar

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 07, 2007, 09:58:58
You know you are a Cure fan when..

--Someone types "LOL" in chat and you wonder why the are talking about Tolhurst.
--You have multiple copies of several albums.
--You have a photo of a certian member of the group decorating your keychain. Can't leave home without him. ;)  (Well, for me atleast.)

Um, I never had any fish named Harold or Joe, but I did have a parakeet named Simon Jonothan Gallup, Jr. :-D

so cute you name your fish....i never name to all my fishes before.... they are so many until i can get one name for them....

after this i will name all my fishes....hopefully they happy  :lol: :lol:
i have 10 fishes and they do looks same...so what should be their name???? any ideas????  :smth001 :smth001
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Untitled

so cute you name your fish....i never name to all my fishes before.... they are so many until i can get one name for them....

i have 10 fishes and they do looks same...so what should be their name???? any ideas????  :smth001 :smth001
[/quote]

1- Robert
2- Simon
3- Porl
4- Jason
5- Roger
6- Perry
7- Boris
8- Michael
9- Matthieu
10- And the ugly one should be called... ...laurence Andrew Tolhurst

LOL

Carnage Visor

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE LOL THING!

I'm not really into the whole internet lingo, so when people say, "Lol!" I always add the "Tolhurst" mentally...

You know that you're a Cure fan when you purposely look for sneakers twice your size (because of Robert's awesomely big sneaker...well, at least I do...)

You know you're a Cure fan whenthe idea of lipstick on men seems perfectly normal to you...

You know you're a Cure fan when listening to The Smiths makes you red with rage...

You know you're a Cure fan when you really like the cure...duh...

Okay, obviously these only apply to me...

strange_day

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 07, 2007, 23:47:46
I'm not really into the whole internet lingo, so when people say, "Lol!" I always add the "Tolhurst" mentally...

Indeed, or sometimes add it in conversation to confuse people.  8)

You know you're a Cure fan when listening to The Smiths makes you red with rage...

I like The Smiths......  :D

am i not a proper fan now?  ;) Just kidding, i couldnt care less really.

Ive never really got that Curefans Vs. Smithsfans thing, just because Robert and Morrissey didnt like each others output in the 80s it hardly means i should follow suit, simply as my 'duty as a loyal fan'.... Hey, if you like what you hear, thats all that matters in the end right?  :smth020

Carnage Visor

Yeah, I guess my humor gets lost in text...It sounded okay in my head but not outside...

You know you're a Cure fan when you can't help humming "Friday I'm In Love" at the end of the week.

You know you're a Cure fan when the code ": smth023" makes you think of Robert Smith...everytime I click that smiley and that code comes up, I always think it says "Smith"!

You know you're a Cure fan when you start eating cinderblocks...okay I'm all out of ideas obviously... ;)

Siouxsie_

I do that too!

Lady

Quote from: Untitled on September 04, 2007, 07:27:54
Go ahead... this should be fun

You know you are a Cure fan when...

... Your nickname on the internet is the name of a cure song.
... You have two fishes one named Harold and the other one Joe.
... When you wake up you listen to doing the unstuck.
... It is 10:15 on a Saturday night and you just want to go sit in the kitchen sink
... You hear Friday I am in Love on the radio and you crank up the radio but you tell yourself that the DJ is stupid because it is only Monday.
... You start a thread on the internet to see if you are the only one with sick idea.

I don't do anything of all this! :-D
I can listen to doing the unstuck even when I go to bed...
I can listen to 10:15 on saturday night even when it's monday morning...
I'm always happy when I listen to friday i'm in love on the the radio, even if it's not friday...

BUT I REALLY LOVE THEM!!!!! ;) :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

billee

You know when you're a Curefan when..............

You play their music in the car everywhere you go despite children pleading for mercy ( I know what's best for them)
You can't get going for the day unless you have your black eyeliner on.
Your heart skips a beat when you hear a snippet of a song on the telly or the radio or anywhere for that matter.
A cure song is on your mobile phone alarm to wake you up each morning.
Not for everyone but for me anyway, you get goosebumps everytime you hear Roberts voice singing or even just seeing him.

Yeah yeah I know soppy soppy but........... hey I'm entitled to a little bit of hearts a flutter. Can honestly say even after all these years Mr Smith is still gorgeous. ;)

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Carnage Visor

Yes, I do get all excited whenever a snippet of a Cure song comes on the radio, like in a segment on the 80s, they'll play a snippet of Lovesong or something...

And I agree with everything else you said.

silversand

all your passwords are Cure songs
the background picture on your Computer are a picture from the band or from a band member.
your family and friends think you are a little strange
your mother say to you that the Cure isn't something for you, because you are weak at heart
when you say you are a Cure fan the people look at you like you are from another planet
when it's raining you think of the Disintegration album

strange_day

Quote from: silversand on September 08, 2007, 23:57:20
your family and friends think you are a little strange

All the time  ;)

Quote from: silversand on September 08, 2007, 23:57:20
when it's raining you think of the Disintegration album

Couldnt agree more on this one, especially when it rains in summer  8)

Also you know youre a Cure fan when you listen to other bands and you think the singer sounds a bit like Robert or instantly think they're ripping off The Cure when they probably arent  ;)

Sussex

--Someone types "LOL" in chat and you wonder why the are talking about Tolhurst.

Same here too..always like that! :-D

LOL!
"Thick As Shit"

FarFar

Quote from: Untitled on September 07, 2007, 19:50:50

1- Robert
2- Simon
3- Porl
4- Jason
5- Roger
6- Perry
7- Boris
8- Michael
9- Matthieu
10- And the ugly one should be called... ...laurence Andrew Tolhurst

LOL
[/quote]

hahaha :smth043
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Sussex on September 11, 2007, 05:35:34

Same here too..always like that! :-D

LOL!

i have a confession to make:

in the very beginning of my "internet life" (you know "once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away...") i actually didn't get this 'LOL' thing at all. i kept wondering why people were constantly referring to mr. tolhurst on every cure board in all kinds of situations that weren't even referring to him, not even remotedly. and then i got even more confused when i noticed that a lot of non-cure people in all kinds of non-cure internet environments kept doing it too.  :smth017
honestly, i took me a good while to figure it out  :oops:
but i can defend myself by saying that after all, i'm not an english speaker by birth and there certainly isn't any similar abbreviation in finnish language that could have pointed me the direction.
and please note that this really happened a long time ago - really.

anyway i guess it's: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine