Author Topic: 2009-04-17 Las Vegas, Pearl Concert Theater [FC 0] [MH]  (Read 1799 times)

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
my vegas master is up on dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=247795

please everyone read the 'READ ME' part.

+ i'll try to have link here on the forum too (just have some patience) for those of you who wish to save your ratio.

The Cure
2009-04-17
Venue: Pearl Theater
Source: AUD
Generation/lineage: Audio Technica ES943/O x 2 (SP-CMC-8 omnis) > SP-SPSB-8 (no bass roll-off) > Edirol R-09 (48/24) > USB > HD > Amadeus Pro (Mac OS X) > FLAC (Encoded to FLAC and SBEs fixed with xACT)
Taper: MH

*******************************READ ME********************************************

do not sell

do not convert to mp3s or any other lossy format

please do include this .txt file (unedited) with this recording, should you make a trade copy etc.

do not matrix and/or remaster without my permission

AND:

...and if you're erikdenning/ernestnewman/sz or any of his "team servant(s)":
if you want to grab this so that you can matrix it with some mighty über-secret "team only" source and keep it as a super-über NO TRADE item as usual - don't download. go play with your own über-sources, you should have enough of those anyway and your attitude here (still) sucks. the same goes with any of your "team" buddies, please don't bother either.

but if you happen to be someone who just wants to download this so that you can have a listen/wants to re-live this concert, please do download.

**************************************************************************************

set list:

underneath the stars 6:59
prayers for rain 5:39
a strange day 4:49
alt-end 4:42
the end of the world 3:42
lovesong 3:39
to wish impossible things 4:42
pictures of you 7:26
lullaby 5:05
from the edge of the deep green sea 8:03
the perfect boy 3:40
inbetween days 3:27
push 4:58
just like heaven 3:48
primary 3:52
want 5:39
shake dog shake 4:55
the hungry ghost 4:36
one hundred years 6:50
disintegration 8:00
it's over / encore break 8:39

E1:

if only tonight we could sleep 5:11
the kiss 10:22

E2:

at night 6:10
M 3:51
play for today 4:38
a forest 7:11

Total time: 2:30:49
Size: 839 MBs (FLAC)

Smith/Gallup/Thompson/Cooper

Info:
http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2009-04-17.php
http://www.impressionofsounds.com/live170409.htm

Notes:

a rather odd show. some really great moments in the main set and a great first encore, then a messed up second encore and an abrupt ending, as we know. and two encores weren't played at all, 'faith' included...
anyway, for the main part of the show, it wasn't bad at all. and robert seemed to be on a great mood and he sounded very good vocally.

recorded FOS, from porl's side. although i've never been forced to move around so many times during a show as this one, just because of the babbly audience. unfortunately there seemed to be lots of rich kids on the floor who'd obviously just come to vegas to have fun and just wanted to go to some show, any show, boozing as much as possible. i've never seen such constant "beer traffic" on a cure show and been surrounded by so many people who didn't seem to have the slightest interest on what was going on on stage - annoying. thanks to all this i had to move about a lot and so the sound does change a bit here and there. yet it was either that or having someone babbling directly into to my mics.
also, the PA was set very wide which made it a bit difficult to tape FOS without having to stand sideways to the speakers (unless you decided to watch the whole show from the screen - which i didn't want to do). i've boosted the right channel to balance this out. please don't complain about this as i don't release any unedited recordings.

the sound at the concert wasn't spectacular (at least i was expecting better, considering what i'd heard about the pearl theater) but nevertheless, it was enjoyable.

if you have a better quality source, please do share.

enjoy.

and for the people i met in vegas: thank you for making my trip such a memorable one!

-s. (a.k.a. jb)

ps. if you grab this then please do upload some of your own cure masters too. thanks to those who already have done it.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Offline wish-man

• and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...
  • Coolfan
  • 'I am the resurrection and I am the light'
    • The Cure Sources
Re: 2009-04-17 Las Vegas, Pearl Concert Theater [FC 0] [MH]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 22:22:09 »

Thank you very much, japanesebaby!  :smth023

I was waiting for this one :D

Offline Druide

• Coolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 22:59:13 »
Thanks for sharing your master  :)
...Dancing in my pocket...

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:07:11 »
+ i'll try to have link here on the forum too (just have some patience) for those of you who wish to save your ratio.

--> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,6169.msg63291.html#msg63291
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine