Do you have any cure song that REALLY fits in a situation of your life?

Started by nadia-domingos, July 15, 2009, 22:07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

nadia-domingos

For example, Apart seems like was written about my relashionship with my ex-boyfriend. everytime i listen to apart i only think about him, and what we had. it's so strange.

:smth061
We all look so perfect as we all fall down...

wish-man

Yeh, mine are: Apart, Cut, Cut Here, High, A Letter To Elise, There Is No If..., Bloodflowers in some ways, Disintegration of course and many others...
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

Quote from: wish-man on July 16, 2009, 09:56:23
Yeh, mine are: Apart, Cut, Cut Here, High, A Letter To Else, There Is No If..., Bloodflowers in some ways, Disintegration of course and many others...

can you elaborate why these songs fit in your situation?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cure

yeah
Apart
To Wish Impossible Things
Disintegration
Treasure
Bare
they all fit when i'm in a black mood with my bf
& cuz he's special, a million cure-songs fit

& Lovesong
Just Like Heaven
Halo

when i'm in the great mood with him

& Play For Today, I'm Cold have to do with just me =)
specially 'play for today' is like describin me ;)
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

nadia-domingos

play for today really fits me too.

"It's not a case of doing what's right
It's just the way I feel that matters
Tell me I'm wrong
I don't really care"
that's just me

:smth061
We all look so perfect as we all fall down...

laserlady7

A Chain of Flowers fits in with my nightmare of waking up in bed and finding that my husband has died beside me during the night.  I can imagine the desperate "please wake up".
Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me

wish-man

Quote from: dsanchez on July 16, 2009, 12:16:10
can you elaborate why these songs fit in your situation?

Sure, mate  :smth023

Apart - cuz a year ago I really felt that its over with my girl and it really happened for a moment... we been together for about 3 years, you know and usually this moment would ever come. this quote is most pertinent.

'How did we get this far apart?
We used to be so close together
How did we get this far apart?
I thought this love would last forever'

Cut - well. same thing. I felt like I already lost her and then with me happened the same thing as in this song...

Cut Here - I didn't appreciate her attention, respect and caress to me before we broke up after two years. But after half a year break we start relationships again. but to be honest she became colder and that's why this song was most pertinent to that situation.

High - 'I'll never let you slip away...' not because of quote. Just when I start loving I promised to myself that I'll never let her go.

A Letter To Elise - when she was ignore me or going 'apart', this song was good in a moment of it. I really start thinking 'I know I'll never really get inside of her'

There Is No If... - the same story. Thought 'There is no if, just END'

Bloodflowers - actually when she was more in love with me, she sang first verse and I second. After that half a year break up we exchanged the roles.

Disintegration - no comments.

Well, if look at our time line together, its so long and painful. Its almost 5 years we together. Hard to believe, but I've start relationships in 11 yo. And I was virgin in all ways. This was my first real long love of all the time. My first experience. My first pronounced feelings... to much shit I've done to her, and she has to me. We really approach to each other. I think its the only reason why we still together, in spite of all pain we cause to both sides. Actually why am I a Cure fan? Because each song has a coincidence with situations in my life. Each of us (fans) can find appropriate song to his life and that's it.

Cheers,
Wish-man

I'm always wanting more
Anything I haven't got
Everything I want it all
I just can't stop
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

fiction

I´m happy to say no, but one song tangents a tender part of my life and that song would be Boys Don´t Cry which would cover up the fouls I´ve made during an uncountable numbers of failing in relationships. One song that´d put a specific occation with a specific girl on that list would be The Waterboys "Rare, Precious and Gone" and one song that I really wanted to believe was written for me was New Model Army´s "Young, Gifted and Skint". That was the song depicting my life (in my oppinion) during my two-years stay in Gothenbourg trying to get a regular job as a photographer.

again and again and again and again and again and...

payforcollege

2 late. I was.
Strange Attraction. Wow, get out of my head.
Just like Heaven. Just b/c it was the soundtrack of my life in all the good times.
Play for today. Some lies just fit the situation.
Letter to Elise. A deep breath here, right on the edge of everything I ever wanted to say.