Robert on new album and upcoming concerts

Started by dsanchez, March 31, 2014, 10:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 19, 2014, 11:34:03
Nothing new on this.

To me it seemed "new" that Tim Pope kinda confirmed it will happen. Up to now he'd always said he'd been working on it but didn't know if the band want to release it (or something along these lines).
To me, it's good news that he mentions "HIGHEST authority" (probably RS) and "it will be put together".
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on April 19, 2014, 15:06:45
To me it seemed "new" that Tim Pope kinda confirmed it will happen. Up to now he'd always said he'd been working on it but didn't know if the band want to release it (or something along these lines).
To me, it's good news that he mentions "HIGHEST authority" (probably RS) and "it will be put together".
he went with the band to film the LatAm2013 with the intention to release a film. i think this was always clear:

http://curefans.com/curenews/tim-pope-'i-am-going-with-the-cure-for-their-latin-american-2013-tour'/

however, the question we all fans makeremains unanswered: WHEN this will be released? it would be nice if Mr. Pope told something about this at the radio.

i would say at least 2015, considering nothing of the 'Reflections' show was released yet.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 19, 2014, 15:26:52
he went with the band to film the LatAm2013 with the intention to release a film.

Yeah i know, but a few months ago all he had to tell was "no news on The Cure":
http://curefans.com/curenews/latam2013-dvd-news/

...which to me sounded like it was uncertain if the whole project was ever going to be finished.

Now he talks of "highest authority" and "will be put together", which to me sounds like he has news on The Cure and has received "green light" from RS.

Quote from: dsanchez on April 19, 2014, 15:26:52
however, the question we all fans makeremains unanswered: WHEN this will be released?

When it's ready, I guess...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on April 19, 2014, 16:56:37
Now he talks of "highest authority" and "will be put together", which to me sounds like he has news on The Cure and has received "green light" from RS.

IMO this "news" does not add much to what we knew already. I think we're just like at the beginning, as we all knew/know there were plans for a DVD release of the LatAm2013, but this "new" information says no much about the date of release (end of this year, next year, etc.) which is what matters. I really hate this about The Cure :P It would be better id they don't say anything until something is done. We all are still waiting for years for the In Orange DVD, the Paris 2008 DVD, the Reflections DVD, etc etc... :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SusannaRS

All of us are impatient for the live DVD bur you know Robert is a perfectionist!!! We should still wait...
It has always been like that
Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)