2008.06.20 New York - Madison Square Garden (USA)*SOLD OUT*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

geologist

I'm a bit out of the loop-- anyone know what they plan on doing with all the footage they filmed last night?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: geologist on June 22, 2008, 04:01:11
I'm a bit out of the loop-- anyone know what they plan on doing with all the footage they filmed last night?

It aired last night on Fuse.  For those that missed it, you can download the broadcast from dime.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=202051

It's also available in DivX on The Pirate's Bay.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4251622/The_Cure_-_Fuse_Rocks_the_Garden_broadcast_%5BJune_20th__2008%5D_AVI

Robert said something on the official site about re-airing the broadcast or an entirely different broadcast in July and September.

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

MintCarSpiderMan

I watched on Fuse last night.  They did a great job with the production, seemed like I was watching a DVD!

Cold Colours

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 21, 2008, 18:57:10That's what I was predicting. 

OOTW>Want with Bloodflowers closing and either the Faith encore or just Faith.  I'm also thinking Torture, Big Hand, Figurehead, Signal To Noise, Hanging Garden, and How Beautiful you Are.  Maybe the Disintegration encore if they do the BF opener/closer.  Should be a good one tonight.

You certainly f***ing called that one, ya smooth bastard  ;).  Great setlist tonight at RCMH.  If they do another tour for the new album, I may seriously consider seeing them in NYC next time.  Would be quite an experience.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

Cure Freak

Quote from: silversand on June 21, 2008, 23:43:18

I'm happy you had a wonderful time at the concert Cure Freak :)
Wow, that's great that you were seated directly in front of Simon, lucky girl :)

thank you silversand
:D
it was several rows down. but still, he was dead staright ahead. :D

jct

great show!!! i am jus annoyed about all the dressed up people in the front rows with their cocktail dresses, talking non stop, sending sms and don't even appreciate/know "charlotte sometimes"
WHY DO THEY EVEN GO???

j

Quote from: jct on June 23, 2008, 04:11:18
great show!!! i am jus annoyed about all the dressed up people in the front rows with their cocktail dresses, talking non stop, sending sms and don't even appreciate/know "charlotte sometimes"
WHY DO THEY EVEN GO???

Funny you bring that up.  I can't tell you how many people went out for drinks once Charlotte started.  WTF?  I'm sorry.  Did you want to hear Friday again?  Maybe Lovesong?

Cure Freak

WHY DO THEY EVEN GO???

i saw that and just ordinary  dressed peeps, as well. Charlotte Sometimes is a rare treasure to hear live.

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on June 23, 2008, 04:22:13
WHY DO THEY EVEN GO???

Funny you bring that up.  I can't tell you how many people went out for drinks once Charlotte started.  WTF?  I'm sorry.  Did you want to hear Friday again?  Maybe Lovesong?

i remember the same thing on royal albert hall in 2006: many of those people in the first 10 rows... i mean, who were they? some utter bores invited by the record company or soemthing? :roll:
i remember there when we finally managed to escape the security, leave their seats (those silly seats!!!) and crowd the corridors during the encores, i was looking at my left during 'grinding halt' and i remember this really bored looking woman just sitting down on her seat, staring at the floor/at us  and yawning... and she deserved to be in row 5??? :roll:

seats on the floor suck - boring people suck (as do yellers, screamers, whistlers and those people who need to get pissed before the show and who then can't get through the gig without constantly waving their hands on your face - ok but that's another matter).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ghanisbuli

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 23, 2008, 22:55:26

seats on the floor suck - boring people suck (as do yellers, screamers, whistlers and those people who need to get pissed before the show and who then can't get through the gig without constantly waving their hands on your face - ok but that's another matter).

I like seats on the floor...  As long as there aren't many people in front of me, that is!

I noticed that a lot of people on the floor in Vancouver didn't seem very into it.  GIVE ME YOUR SEATS. 

They stopped selling drinks when the Cure came on, but the people on the inside of my row had to keep peeing or something.  I wanted to say, "Do not come back.  If you walk in front of me one more time, stopping my celebration and marring my concert experience, I will hit you."
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

cure4sale

Nice show. Finally the US/Can tour gave more surprises than the European one...

silversand

Quote from: Cure Freak on June 22, 2008, 19:34:33

thank you silversand
:D
it was several rows down. but still, he was dead staright ahead. :D

you're welcome dear Cure Freak  :)

mint car

[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 24, 2008, 06:49:42
Quote from: japanesebaby on June 23, 2008, 22:55:26

I like seats on the floor...  As long as there aren't many people in front of me, that is!

well, i too like seats on the floor when i go to listen to a classical symphony orchestra concert, but definitely not when i go to see the cure etc.! ;)

(but yes, i always wondered why some people need to drink so much before the gig only to end up running to and fro all through the show - do they really consider that as some kind of a compulsory part of the concert experience?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine