has anyone been to a '05/'06 depeche mode show?

Started by japanesebaby, January 20, 2006, 00:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

I don't know if at the shows you've attended has been the same but especially on "I Feel You" , "Personal Jesus" with those "rock-intro" the Olympic Stadium here in Rome seemed just to be...falling!
great! there was more than 50.000 people completely gone mad when those song was played.
and what about "photographic" ? and "enjoy the silence" and all the other songs..
definitely one of my favourite show,maybe because i've waited for long time to see them live :)

japanesebaby

yes, 'i feel you' was one of the "huge ones", sure!
but they didn't play 'photographic', unfortunately. i think we got 'i just can't get enough' but none of the other really "ancient" songs.
hmm, and maybe the crowds were a bit too passive in this show that i attended, so that also affected my experience a bit. i was there among the first rows but even there it was a bit too calm, i think... some people just standing and staring...
(what i meant with 'nostalgic' was that it was mainly the old songs that struck me, the new stuff didn't really leave any special impression. so it was a bit of a "roller coaster": at some points you were 'woww' and then a few minutes later 'ok, maybe not so great..' - now THAT would never happen on a cure show! ;) )
anyway, definitely on the positive side and of course it was great to see them live, finally.

i recorded small video clips from the show with a small pocket camera and since i was up front i got some quite nice shots - i was planning to upload some here in case anyone would have liked to get a glimpse of the show (although it' would have been only mpeg-1 quality of course). but unfortunately something went wrong there and the sound got completely destroyed on the video clips :( it's really almost impossible to recognize the songs so it's not worth uploading any... sorry about that!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

[labyrinth]

i just took some pictures,
nothing more... i knew my camera is not that good recording video... so i used it just for pictures :)

i didn't read..have you been at an indoor or outdoor show? :)

japanesebaby

that was an indoors arena show - it was in march so no possibilities for outdoor gigs around here then, unfortunately.

i was going to go over to stockholm in july to see them on the stadium (together with muse!), but sadly i couldn't make the trip after all... i'm sure it would have been something worth seeing.
i wonder if anyone was there...?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

[labyrinth]

a friend of mine saw both indoors and outdoors dates (he has attended the Milan shows [indoor] ,where they recorded the dvd and the Rome show [outdoor]) and although in the first show they recorded the dvd and they were in great shape, he told me that he preferred the outdoor show because you could live the show better..

lacrima mosa

i saw them 7 (!) times this year!

friedrichshafen
zurich
london
nürnberg
interlaken
locarno
nyon

3 indoo, 4 outdoor... every concert was unique! with its own story... 4 times photographic!! doesnt matter two!! great versions of home and in your room!! precious... ah, i dont like that song live...

the second band i saw that ofetn in one year! the other one was of course... the cure!! 16 times in 1992!!!
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

agusramirez

Saw them twice on this tour. On dec 05 in NYC, great concert, at a great city.
Then in May 06 in my country, Mexico. And this was by far the best show I've been this year.
70 thousand people at the concert!!!! Just listen to the recordings of live her now. Awsome!!!  :rocker
One of the best showmans is Dave. And off course the best song in both gigs was Never let me down  :D :D

Regards...

AR

[labyrinth]

oh yes...
Dave is ,of course, one of the best showman ever......  :rocker

Purple Orchid

I went to one show in Mexico City. Had to spend the night outside a record store to get my ticket. The day of the show I got to the stadium on the third song after a bad day at work, missed She Wants Revege, so I got very drunk! The setlist was no surprise after checking the other setlists, not very much could be seen from my seat, the show allos vey little deviations, maybe 40% of what you hear is actually being performed, but being with your friends listening to the music that brings you back to your youth is great! Loud thurders during Personal Jesus, and the rain pouring during Never Let Me Down Again. The way the rain looks through the lights, the crowd waving during the climax of the show, gave me an amazing feeling...Leave in Silence was the one that thrilled me the most, but would have preferred Blue Dress instead of Judas.
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

[labyrinth]

Quote from: Purple Orchid on August 29, 2006, 17:41:10
maybe 40% of what you hear is actually being performed,

i can't agree...
they're playing a lot of "music" you hear... i know if for sure, they don't use so much "tapes" ...just some effects..

Cure

i saw dm live on the 1st of august and they totally kicked ass!
i love them!
but their last album sux, indeed..
2 pop & 2 industrial..
i hate such stuff!
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]