your non-favorites ("respectable" artists only!)

Started by japanesebaby, January 12, 2007, 00:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

DEPECHE MODE and PLACEBO: they're both good bands but I find them unpleasant and I don't know why!
THE KILLERS: in my opinion they're just a momentary phenomenon and not " the heirs of u2", as someone says.. :smth011

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

strange_day

Quote from: Sussex on February 15, 2007, 06:21:27
My Chemical What so ever

Oh yes, and all the other bands that belong to the whole 'emo' scene,

please go away, your whining is boring me to death, and your self obsessed attitude does my head in!  :?

Steve

Coldplay
Novelle whatever they're called
Good Charlotte
My Chemical Romance
Metallica

Utter pants, the lot of 'em!
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

i always makes me smile, to see all these little girls with all their "dark emo-ish"/"gothic metal" gear that they've bought from all these fancy mail order catalogues and these bloody expensive shops that are "especializing" on "gothic fashion" (hmmm...!). everything they have/they wear is brandnew and flashy, they read mags like 'orkus' to find more fancy mail order sites to order some more fancy gothic gear with their dad' credit card... and then they hang around at the metro stations in the "old fashioned gothic way" (because they read from somewhere that that's what some other people who called themselves 'goths' back in the beginnings of time, maybe even way back in the 80s...(whooaa!!) used to do, they used to hang wround the bus stations etc. or at least so the magazines used to write so it's got to be cool and it's got to make them very believable too...), and they are being all so gloomy - and also hmm, fashionable. hmm.  how very believable.
i mean it would almost be kind of cute... if it was cute - but it isn't.
and ok ok i know i sound like an old twat but i can't help it but smile, they are just so silly... and so damn boring and uninspirational. ha!  :twisted:

so should i add that i kind of hate my chemical romance, good charlotte, all those clones...
also all those gothic metal groups which finland unfortunately manages to produce in masses (sorry!!!)  :oops: :oops:

and it's not related but anyway, coldplay suck too, i agree.
:D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Hi Marika.
I have to be careful, coming from the old goff school of the 80's (yes, I was there, but not outside metro stations).
Got another one though.
Tokio Hotel.
Total crap! (can't even spell Tokyo, the muppets).
Cheers
Steve

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on April 07, 2007, 12:54:09
Hi Marika.
I have to be careful, coming from the old goff school of the 80's (yes, I was there, but not outside metro stations).

believe it or not, although i never liked sisters/bauhaus etc. myself i used to belong to this 'hanging around the bus station' kind of old school too. i was pretty much there myself. and so when i look at these baby-ish emo-hosers fooling around there now, it just makes me shake me head... and hmm hehe i might have had to "tidy up" my own appearances a bit since the 80s (but not too much though! not too much... ;))... but i mean, even when observed purely esthetically and not minding what has happened to the music & the essence of it, it simply has lost all meaning and genuine individuality it once stood for.

Quote from: Steve on April 07, 2007, 12:54:09
Tokio Hotel.
Total crap! (can't even spell Tokyo, the muppets).

haha you said it!  :smth043
by the way that muppet show was visiting helsinki some time ago, there was an autograph session at the local record store one day. of course i was totally unawares of all that and happened to be passing by - and i was almost trampled to death by all these 13-year olds in their latest H&M gear - damn! i should sue them all...!
;)

since you love the tokios, i recommend you (DON'T) try finnish bands like negative, bloodpit etc. - silly as hell. :roll:

japanesebaby

Quote from: Sussex on February 15, 2007, 06:21:27
My Chemical What so ever

:evil: :evil: :evil:

i have to agree! my chemical romance have brilliantly made it to the top of my hate list recently. i never really thought about it because i guess i never really paid any attention to them earlier. but since i was forced to watch them perform live some time ago and.... oh christ! that SUCKED !!
they must be the most useless band i've ever seen. just completely useless. just everything about them sucked!:
totally uninteresting musically, completely mediocre meaningless songwriting with nothing individual or original in it at all, nothing at all in there. also, completely awful and totally pretentious stage performance/behavior... i just hate these bands who think they really really ROCK and are so cool up there... i bet they spend hours everyday just staring at themselves in the freaking mirror, admiring their own amazing-ness. hey concentrate on the bloody music and try to write at least somewhat decent songs first! (which i'm sure you can't  do... so ok who needs you anyway???)

they guitarist thought it was totally cool to throw himself lying down on the stage every now and then and meaninglessly squirm and twitch there, i don't know if he was even playing anything - hey sorry but nothing cool and "rock" in it, it just looked like he was having some kind of seizures or something.
and what a totally idiot lead singer they have! he was blurping some totally stupid things out of his mouth every single time he got a chance. everyone's just having fun out there waiting for a somewhat BETTER band to come up and play for us and he's just going on like "don't be depressed, suicide is not an option..." -- hey wtf?? hey dude nobody's depressed out here - at least so far. perhaps we will be soon if you don't stop that... really, no wonder lots of people around me started to shout "booo hoooo i'm depressed!!!". hey what a clown.  :smth011
and what a bunch of losers they are!

(ok sorry for too many words like "shit" in this post, but i just can't fibelieve how bad they were, considering all the idiotic hype that's been going on about them. because they suck ! i can NOT understand what's so magically amazing about that group of pretentious emo retards...!)

:evil: :evil: :evil:

strange_day

I agree, 'Emo' is probably one of the most pretentious, fake and organised things anyone could be, coupled with the fact that these people are so self-obsessed they'd rather sit at home all day whining about how depressed they are, yet managing to dedicate their lives to putting a million pictures of themselves in just the one 'myspace pose' on their myspace page.....
Each to their own i guess.... but if you want to be sucked into marketing ploys by men in suits, then be my guest...

And after watching Glastonbury on the tv, a few more bands i now dislike even more

The Kooks...... speaks for itself...... :smth078

Editors.... technically i should like this band, they have a certain sound which i like in other groups, but theres something about the music which just destroys it for me, its just sooooooo boring, like theyve ripped off Interpol and mixed it with Coldplay topped off as a bad Joy Division covers band..... :smth015

Janko

THE THING IS - I DONT BOTHER WITH 99.9 % OF NEW MUSIC SCENE... I DONT CARE FOR 99.99% STUFF RECORDED AFTER 1996 OR SO...

BUT I REALLY DONT LIKE :

1) NIRVANA (AND PRETTY MUCH ALL GRUNGE BANDS)
2) RADIOHEAD (HOW DID THIS BECOME SO RELEVANT I'LL NEVER KNOW)

THESE ARE THE TWO THAT I THOUGHT OF...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: strange_day on June 28, 2007, 14:01:45
I agree, 'Emo' is probably one of the most pretentious, fake and organised things anyone could be, coupled with the fact that these people are so self-obsessed they'd rather sit at home all day whining about how depressed they are, yet managing to dedicate their lives to putting a million pictures of themselves in just the one 'myspace pose' on their myspace page.....
Each to their own i guess.... but if you want to be sucked into marketing ploys by men in suits, then be my guest...

And after watching Glastonbury on the tv, a few more bands i now dislike even more

The Kooks...... speaks for itself...... :smth078

Editors.... technically i should like this band, they have a certain sound which i like in other groups, but theres something about the music which just destroys it for me, its just sooooooo boring, like theyve ripped off Interpol and mixed it with Coldplay topped off as a bad Joy Division covers band..... :smth015

i need to complain some more...
i don't watch much tv for various reasons but last night i thought of watching some, expecting to find something nice and comfortably/boringly entertaining.... and what do i see when i switch in on?
a special MCR night with some special live performance from philadelphia - AAARRRGGGH !  :evil: :evil: :evil:
christ that was so bad. :(
i don't think i'll get an urge to watch any tv for quite some time now.
(or maybe that's just a good thing... so i should actually thank them then? ppffff!)

editors - i agree. something totally boring and uninspirational about them. i never thought about it that closely but that interpol/coldplay/joy division mix is pretty much what's wrong with it, nicely put... 

themurderchair

to reply to what a few people have said...

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 14, 2007, 02:40:10
Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Stadium Arcadium are the TWO RHCP albums to own.  Mother's Milk has some excellent cuts, too.  Having seen them twice I can agree that they aren't always the best live.  The first show I saw was okay, but Anthony's vocals were pretty shitty.  The second show was fantastic!  Excellent sound, John and Flea couldn't have sounded better.  Anthony's vocals were on and you could hear John's vocals (something that doesn't always happen).

i like RHCP, but personally their newer stuff has put me off
i agree with the Blood Sugar Sex Magic though... and also i have a weakness for some of their childish early 'punk funk' stuff

i like the smiths, but not morrissey
Lady, i never got into Depeche Mode either
and im also part of the 'i like bauhaus' camp.

its funny with emo music, because its a genre almost everybody seems to hate with a passion (or at least claim to) but is still so bloody popular - annoys me also as some less enlightened people start to think that that is what alternative/punk music sounds like *shudders*

oh and im not a fan of:
U2, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Eagles, Nickleback (and all like them), a lot more but most have been said already...
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Steve

I just looked up emo on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

All that being said, the emo (or at least what is described as the emo) movement is utter toilet.
Fancy a laugh? (or maybe might make some of you cry

I was at the lake near to where I live last weekend & there was a guitar marathon going on to get in the guiness book of records.
On stage there was a bunch of kids with their Ramones tee-shirts on playing bad covers of emo standards. Tragic  :evil:
Honestly, they wouldn't know the Ramones if the whole band fell on them.
Cheers
Steve

themurderchair

HA! in the second picture... emo pick up lines
but too tiny to read - now how will i be able to hit on some A-grade emo studs like them?
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

japanesebaby

Quote from: themurderchair on July 05, 2007, 16:06:11
A-grade emo studs

hey now that's a contradiction in terms. :lol:

i've recently realized that i utterly hate bands like e.g. wilco who have made a career out of trying to sound like beatles - or any other band who thinks their existence is somehow justified and their output somehow instantly interesting simply because they are mimicking some well-established artist. it annoys me in a similar way as gospel rock (which i hate): because all the people i've ever met people who either make or listen to gospel rock always (and i mean always) defend it by saying "yeah but it's good because it has got such a great message!" - even a child knows that that's utterly crap excuse.
these copy-cats/impostors like wilco are similarly idiotic, their whole concept and existence is totally pointless. what utter clowns.

when i think of them i actually feel almost bad that i was bashing sisters of mercy and bauhaus.  :?

j

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 04, 2007, 17:54:11

a special MCR night with some special live performance from philadelphia - AAARRRGGGH !  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey...watch the Philly bashing, will ya?  There are many shit bands that play here...like tonight at the Mann Music Center in Philly- George Thorogood and the Detroyers with special guest Bryan Adams- but that doesn't mean the city as bad!

Bands I hate....

Coldplay, etc (Three Doors Down, Nickelback, etc)
Grateful Dead/Other Ones/Ratdog/The Dead
MCR, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte or any other pop punk wanna-be's

See, I grew up in the Philly/NJ punk scene.  I saw my first concert at age 12- Agnostic Front at City Gardens in Trenton.  And I got my ass kicked by a bunch of skins because I dared to go into "their" pit.  I saw the original Misfits.  Minor Threat.  GBH, The Exploited, Ramones, etc.

So to see these posers trying to act and dress punk without even knowing what the scene used to be really pisses me off.  All the kids running around with a black X on their hands with no clue what that used to stand for or even where it originated from.  Soccer kids with mohawks thinking they are bad ass.  Well shithead.... at age 16 I had a 13" mohawk.  And mine was real!

At the same time, I was into bands like The Cure, Joy Division/New order, Siouxsie, and Echo.  The natural punk progression led me into the metal/punk hybrid that used to be called thrash but is now referred to as hardcore- bands like Madball and Hatebreed.  I am also into bands like Down, Pantera, Sepultura....some of the bands japanesebaby hates!