2007.10.20 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, July 31, 2007, 23:20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

THANK  YOU  Jeff~ hope to hear it, soon :rocker  and also David great photos :D
I give Dime another whirl. . try my luck. Sounds like it was good 

p.s. did you see the giant ants (black &red) ? i loved the back screens  :smth023

Also anyone know if the band wear ear plugs ?  I wonder how they handle the loudness so
many nites.

But WE LOVE IT !!    :smth045

devoblue

Quote from: ROGUE on October 25, 2007, 19:53:52
Also anyone know if the band wear ear plugs ?  I wonder how they handle the loudness so
many nites.

This is a really good point and I'd recommend that anyone going to a show, especially more than one, consider taking ear plugs.  Those stacks are loud and 3 hours of it can leave your ears ringing for several days.  When the music finally stops you realise that all you can hear is a constant humming noise and everyone is talking muffled.  This can't be good for your ears.  Every show I went to in australia left me with ringing ears after it, but the worst for me was my 3rd and last one, Sydney 2, where I was on the barrier and took 3 days to get over it.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

curedtc

Would it be as bad if your at the back or seated, or is it mainly on the floor?
Im always wanting more...

j

Quote from: curedtc on October 25, 2007, 23:20:14
Would it be as bad if your at the back or seated, or is it mainly on the floor?

The closer you get to the stacks, the louder it is.  I can post a sample so you can hear exactly what I am talking about.  For the second night, the guy that bought my ticket for me was stuck in traffic and was late.  We missed Plainsong.  Towards the end of plainsong, I ran into the mens room to hook up my gear.  I started recording as I walked out of the can (or loo to you Brits and Aussies).  You can hear Prayers distant at first, then progressively louder as I walk from the back of the floor to the 4th row, right in front of the stacks. 

I'll post that sample in the next day or 2....I'm out of here momentarily to go see She Wants Revenge! 

curedtc

Hm, if i ever went to a show id sit near back, my ears play up sometimes anbd i couldnt be without hearing for a while hehe. Especially with school, or is that a bonus ;)  ;)
Im always wanting more...

scatcat

Quote from: curedtc on October 26, 2007, 01:13:47
Hm, if i ever went to a show id sit near back, my ears play up sometimes anbd i couldnt be without hearing for a while hehe. Especially with school, or is that a bonus ;)  ;)

With concerts played increasingly ( as here in OZ) at outdoor venues, very disappointing.. where the sound is distorted and echoes around the venue.. take for example U2 at the MCG.. ( i fell asleep at 2 U2 concerts in my life!!) Concerts when I was a young lass WERE loud, and I enjoyed thye volume of sound at the Cure gig here... LOUD but not damaging to hearing ??!! I suppose I'll find out in the next few years if the Cure had anything to do with that.. but I was not sitting near the stacks, but quite close in the stalls and it was AWESOMELY loud  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

largeststarintheuniverse

Quote from: j on October 21, 2007, 15:20:20
Nope no cut.  Sorry about that.  I was keeping track of the setlist by entering notes on my cellphone.  After Fascination Street I wrote cut, but that was a note to myself regarding my recording... :smth011

Hello J, thanks for the recording at Dime of Mexico night 1.
I have some questions about your recording.

1) You say you wrote "cut" in the setlist regarding your recording, but when I heard this concert from Dime I did not hear any cut in the recording, is this correct ?

2) At Dime the tracks of your recording starts at #2 (Tape & Open), there is no #1, is there supposed to be #1?

3)On my CD (after I've deleted the FLAC files so I can't check) in Fire In Cairo there is some silent gaps at 1min45sec, 1min47sec, 1min51sec, 1min53sec, is this in the FLAC files I downloaded or maybe I need to downlaod again?

4) Just a note to you, I think in your recording you make Close To Me and Why Can't I Be You? both on 1 track?, or maybe something with my CD burner broke?

Thank-You.

j

Quote from: largeststarintheuniverse on October 27, 2007, 04:40:11
Quote from: j on October 21, 2007, 15:20:20
Nope no cut.  Sorry about that.  I was keeping track of the setlist by entering notes on my cellphone.  After Fascination Street I wrote cut, but that was a note to myself regarding my recording... :smth011

Hello J, thanks for the recording at Dime of Mexico night 1.
I have some questions about your recording.

1) You say you wrote "cut" in the setlist regarding your recording, but when I heard this concert from Dime I did not hear any cut in the recording, is this correct ?

2) At Dime the tracks of your recording starts at #2 (Tape & Open), there is no #1, is there supposed to be #1?

3)On my CD (after I've deleted the FLAC files so I can't check) in Fire In Cairo there is some silent gaps at 1min45sec, 1min47sec, 1min51sec, 1min53sec, is this in the FLAC files I downloaded or maybe I need to downlaod again?

4) Just a note to you, I think in your recording you make Close To Me and Why Can't I Be You? both on 1 track?, or maybe something with my CD burner broke?

Thank-You.

1)  Right after the show, I posted the setlist that I had entered into the notepad of my cellphone as the show went on.  In the phone, after Fascination Street, I wrote cut.  In my rush to post the setlist, I originally wrote that they played cut.  All it was was a note to myself.  The cut is about a 1 second cut in the crowd after fascination street, so no music is lost.

2)  There is not a #1.  Track one was nothing but the people next to me talking (I started the recording a few minutes early).

3)  Wow.  I missed those ones.  You are correct, sir.  That is right were the bad sectors are on the iRiver HD, thus the little skips.  They are on the master as well.

4)  Yup.  Busted again.  I guess in my rush to put this up here, I forgot to split that track!

drowning

thank you so much j!!!

i am here lying in hospital with cancer, at the isolierstation, internet is blocked with torrent here, but i can download from your site. and you made my day with the new song "they boy i never knew"

thank you all so much, for your patience and your love to the other fans. you help me lot, really. i am so sad, that i can´t see them again..but you make the bestfor mee

ROGUE

Thank you also Jeff  :smth023

I was on the floor at Melb, and also my friend and i both had ringing ears, for at least 40hrs after,
I like that sort of thing- like a scar or something, (friend whinged alot) you know you feel you done the best you could,
enjoyed it as much as you could- sort of thing, so i didnt mind, had it before and will again.   :rocker

But would be damaging if i went to more than one at a time- think i would
be deaf or have that ringing as a permanent feature, backdrop soundtrack. Would drive you mad eventually. :smth020

Hope you feel better soon drowning.
Sending you lots of love.

boneheadhaggar

wishing you all the best drowning, hope you are well soon :smth023
its nice to be nice

dsanchez

Quote from: disintegration on October 25, 2007, 11:16:04
I don't have the password....  :smth011  :(

Calm down guys, the show will be available in curefans.com within the next days. Patience  :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

It is up on my site already....I just am trying to remember how to change the password first!  Plus my provider is in the process of fixing a bandwidth issue I have been having.  They are telling me that I have about 20% of what I should have!

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

j

I'm in the process of migrating to a new server and platform.  Once that is done, the show will be available.