Hi, new here. Been a fan since Kiss Me x3

Started by cosmic hearse, May 14, 2008, 04:40:05

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmic hearse

Hi, new here. Been a fan since Kiss Me x3. First show was during the Wish tour at Rosebowl Pasadena, been to many shows since. Met the band a few times. Looking forward to the upcoming shows. I reside in the eastern edges of L.A county.

DJscribbles

Quote from: cosmic hearse on May 14, 2008, 04:40:05
Hi, new here. Been a fan since Kiss Me x3. First show was during the Wish tour at Rosebowl Pasadena, been to many shows since. Met the band a few times. Looking forward to the upcoming shows. I reside in the eastern edges of L.A county.
hi! i like your username. =) you live in my hometown.. or should i say homecounty.
youre so lucky! whats the band in person like? whend you get to meet them?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

cosmic hearse

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 14, 2008, 04:57:04
Quote from: cosmic hearse on May 14, 2008, 04:40:05
hi! i like your username. =) you live in my hometown.. or should i say homecounty.
youre so lucky! whats the band in person like? whend you get to meet them?

cool. where abouts are you? i'm in the claremont area near the colleges. they're extremely nice. though i haven't met Porl yet. I got to spend about 4 hours with them at the rock walk induction. Met Jason, Perry, Roger, Robert, and Simon.  Jason and Perry were probably the most playful of the bunch. Robert is extremely kind and humble. But they were all great. Another occasion was a few months later after a tv recording, I was able to meet Robert, Perry, and Simon again. Robert remembered me and asked to see my tattoo that I had gotten of his signature underneath some other Cure tatts I have.  Then I got to hang with them again at the after party at the Home Depot center after Curiosa. Again all very nice. Robert inturupted himself to say hello to me. (he was speaking with a few people when he saw me) That probably had to be the coolest meeting since I never thought he'd even remeber me much less interupt himself. The first time was absolute magic as well since at the time I'd been a fan for about 14 years and it was my first time meeting the man behind my favorite band.  I held my cool during the first time. I was very calm, with no sense of urgency, I didn't yell or anything. I got a signature a picture and said thank you and wakled away. As soon as I was safely away from Robert I just started laughing and burst into tears. I cried like a eastern european Michael Jackson fan at a MJ concert. It was pretty embarassing but I made sure none of the band saw me. After that I was able to keep my cool throughout the night.

DJscribbles

i was born in los angeles, moved around the LA county, and now i live in san jose - in the san francisco bay area.
i love stories like that, i have to say - im very envious. cure tattoos - that sounds fantastic! i'm impressed how they remember individual people for quite a while, they must meet hundreds of people every now and then, and robert remembered you! your encounters with the band werent just a few minutes either, more like hours. sounds like you know the right places at the right time! who's that in your pic by the way? you or?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

cosmic hearse

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 14, 2008, 07:38:49
i was born in los angeles, moved around the LA county, and now i live in san jose - in the san francisco bay area.
i love stories like that, i have to say - im very envious. cure tattoos - that sounds fantastic! i'm impressed how they remember individual people for quite a while, they must meet hundreds of people every now and then, and robert remembered you! your encounters with the band werent just a few minutes either, more like hours. sounds like you know the right places at the right time! who's that in your pic by the way? you or?

myself on the left, robert on the right

rubcure

Quote from: cosmic hearse on May 14, 2008, 05:17:07I got a signature a picture and said thank you and wakled away. As soon as I was safely away from Robert I just started laughing and burst into tears. I cried like a eastern european Michael Jackson fan at a MJ concert. It was pretty embarassing but I made sure none of the band saw me. After that I was able to keep my cool throughout the night.

Wow!!! I think what kind of reaction I could had on this situation??
...anyway welcome onboard cosmic hearse!!  :smth023
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]